Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Probably the most maddening aspect of the modern world is how organized crime seems to cross all cultural and geographic boundaries and infest just about every corner of the globe. With all of the technology and firepower that governments have at their disposal these days, I refuse to believe that a bunch of random lowlifes could continue to operate and thrive unless someone was turning a blind eye to, or active encouraging, their activities.
    Of course there are influential people turning blind eye to the bigger picture. The cartels are extremely wealthy. It would be entirely unrealistic to think that they could not bribe anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I think you're the one on drugs if you think anyone wants the USA to be just like other countries. The world is diverse and people like it that way while advocating for as little death as possible. You'll probably always be able to find outlier-countries who go against that sentiment if for nothing else to just control their populations through fear and blind loyalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Who do you think he got the idea from?
    Works great for his friend Duterte in the Philippines and his old pal Putin.
    Go read the un control megathread. Posters on there are constantly saying we need to be like Other countries. When @a advocates say its not that easy for one reason we are a More Diverse Nation then other countries we are told thats no excuse and diversity does not impact crime... Yall need top stop moving the Goal posts
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Of course there are influential people turning blind eye to the bigger picture. The cartels are extremely wealthy. It would be entirely unrealistic to think that they could not bribe anyone.
    What I was trying to get at was that the influence of cartels has to go beyond just bribing local officials here and there. There must be some kind of tacit approval or encouragement of their activities by the powers that be, because to some degree gang violence serves a useful purpose for them in keeping the masses controlled and afraid.

Garbage uninformed unscrupulous president, and his followers gobble up even the most idiotic things like broad application of the death penalty. I guess you guys may soon be at a point where you consider ISIS style public executions a good idea.

Really, when are the members of the "base" going to push back on bullshit like this and show they're more than mindless drones that accept anything the president puts out?

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, building a wall would be cheaper. Plus it has the added bonus of keeping people out so we don't execute them.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't make drugs if we stop making the things they make drugs with :thonking:

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Go read the un control megathread. Posters on there are constantly saying we need to be like Other countries. When @a advocates say its not that easy for one reason we are a More Diverse Nation then other countries we are told thats no excuse and diversity does not impact crime... Yall need top stop moving the Goal posts
    The world is a complex place and the goal posts are rarely predetermined nor defined. If you see past all the prejudices the most amazing things are possible. Be the change you want to see and don't mind too much what others are suggesting.
    You can chase perfection all your life or you can be happy with the small things and whatever steps of progress are made.

Get news. Not too quickly. Avoid social.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-11 at 02:16 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Roflmao, simply knowing they’re a pharma company is something anyone even remotely familiar with the opioid epidemic would know. It’s alright though, clearly you’re misrepresenting yourself in this thread.
    Feel free to post sources for your claims.

Well, taking the ridiculousness out of it.

I kinda see where he's coming from, he's not exactly wrong that drugs do kill people further down the line.

I'd be up for harsher sentences, possible even life depending on amount sold / classification and how far they can prove it's been distributed then its effects (Although I'd imagine this would be a huge financial cost for each case?). But not a death sentence.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    America decent into a third world society, slow and painful to watch.
    Not sure if you're aware of this, but the original usage of the whole first-, second-, and third-world concepts has been defunct for almost 30 years. TMYK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Yay bringing back death penalty is such a great thing .

The only difference between drug and alcohol is one is legal the other one is not . there is no moral difference . Both kills . Tons of ppl come to ER with their liver failing due to alcoholism.

Executing people for selling drug is even disappearing in 3rd world countries ..Hooray for 'Murica.
    If there were hundreds of varieties of the drinkable chemical of alcohol, many of which that could kill you the very first time you use them; and are the center of billions of dollars of violent crime every year; I might, might be inclined to agree with you.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sure. Real life. The news. Basic conversations about health care.
    I don't think you understand the process of posting sources. Let me know when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post

It’s like we know where they are. A few drone strikes can fix some things. Sadly bribes

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Not sure if you're aware of this, but the original usage of the whole first-, second-, and third-world concepts has been defunct for almost 30 years. TMYK

- - - Updated - - -

If there were hundreds of varieties of the drinkable chemical of alcohol, many of which that could kill you the very first time you use them; and are the center of billions of dollars of violent crime every year; I might, might be inclined to agree with you.
    All those crime thing and bad products are result of being Illegal ,prohibition says hello . It was literally the same when Alcohol was illegal. Alcohol that could blind you on first try , Mafia running the alcohol industry etc

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    All those crime thing and bad products are result of being Illegal ,prohibition says hello . It was literally the same when Alcohol was illegal. Alcohol that could blind you on first try , Mafia running the alcohol industry etc
    People want things that are bad for them. This is news how? How many people kill themselves with cigarettes each year? Should the government just legalize everything so people kill themselves faster and the working class need to pay the hospital bills for all those people on their way out?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Did he just watched Golden Circle?

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    America decent into a third world society, slow and painful to watch.
    Well, they've been doing so since the 70ies. It's only going faster the last few years. Since Bush jr.
    This Trump doofus is really winning. I mean, I don't get why he doesn't like Kim Jong-Un. They probably want the same thing.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

In other news the Human Torch was denied a bank loan today.

Trump said things? People are still believing anything he says? I am starting to wonder who is really the fool here.

No idea where this idea comes from but it's completely irrelevant. Never gonna happen in the US. The Donald just likes to talk before he thinks too often so the idea would be to just ignore anything that's obvious BS.

I'm trying to figure out why people keep giving him attention? It's like nobody has yet to figure it out. Perhaps if nobody reported on what he did or what he said and completely ignored him maybe, just maybe he'd really find something else to do. This dude is a narcissistic baby who craves the attention and spotlight. Every time you post what he does, record something he says, the more he keeps doing it because idiots keep giving him exactly what he wants. Imagine if the news outlets, or social media just went on with their daily lives and pretended the guy doesn't exist...One thing is for sure things would actually be more peaceful.