Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    semi related
    I am beginning to become a little bit anxious about BFA being a filler expansion like wod
    Definitely doesnt look like filler, looks like progression and set up, both of which the game needs. we have burnt through nearly the full roster of big bads, we need a set up for the next expansion and beyond. WoD was filler because frankly it had no lasting effect on the franchise beyond AU guldan shenanegans and garrosh's death, which could have just happened at the end of MoP and literally any other pawn could have taken guldans place. even the case for Draenor orcs could be avoided by just using Maghar.

stupid time travel... Wish they had of gone with the original plan of garrosh restoring outland and reviving the old horde warchiefs. Then the iron horde destroying draenor would matter, wouldnt have duplicates, and the story would have only progressed.

Did you know that all Warcraft lore is made up? None of this is real, you know that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    It's like you're oblivious to the fact you're on a WoW lore forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Did you know that all Warcraft lore is made up? None of this is real, you know that?
    So how would new continents be more made up than previous places?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    So how would new continents be more made up than previous places?

Sure, let's play semantics.

"Are you prepared for ""landmasses not previously mentioned in lore"" after BfA?"

13 pages of everyone clearly understanding the question mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Nope! I thought Azeroth was a country located somewhere east of Australia. You mean this game isn't a historical documentary?

Deleted

Sure, let's play semantics.

"Are you prepared for ""landmasses not previously mentioned in lore"" after BfA?"

13 pages of everyone clearly understanding the question mate.
    Do you know what all locations were before they were mentioned in lore? They were previously unmentioned in lore. Every single one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Pandaria was shrouded in mists every other location has existed pre WoW. Ok then buh bye

Also see chronicle. Guess what the definitive world map is

- - - Updated - - -

Except they dont make up whatever they want

Which is why bfa uses zandalar. Kultiras. Prophet zul. Azshara and nzoth.

Have fun believeing otherwise.
    No way pandaria's mist hod it from the fucking titans themselves...
    And again you mention nothing of how the udlar maps didn't show broken isles, kultiras, zandalar or kezan.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Dragon island
    nyalotha/nazjatar
    Kezan
    Crestfall
    Tel'abim (And its sentiant bannanas?)
    Darkspear island
    Balor
    Lapidis Island
    Plunder isle
    The Krazzworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6LlMkOSkK8
    I mentioned a few of those in the OP, and of your list, I could only realistically see Dragon Isles as being a place capable of hosting a future expansion. It'd have to be given the Pandaria/Broken Isles treatment, and there's nothing wrong with that, it'd still be a place mentioned in lore, though just barely (like Pandaria!). I could see Blizzard using Dragon Isles as a Northrend 2.0 expac, as iirc it's situated north of Silvermoon and east of Howling Fjord, so it'd be an icy continent.

As for the others mentioned, Nazjatar/Nyalotha are obvious locations we will be going to in either BfA as an Argus/Thunder Isle themepark zone to host this -presumed- Azshara raid. As for them being capable of holding an entire expac? I have my doubts based solely on Blizzard's acknowledgment that Vash'jr wasn't popular among the playerbase. They could make it underwater but not make it entirely an underwater zone, I guess (think throne of tides/bioshock as an entire expac). I personally doubt it, but maybe.

Kezan is a confirmed dungeon in BfA

Crestfall and Balor.. old names I barely recall, but Balor was softly retconned out of the original WoW map iirc. It was northwest of Westfall? Crestfall is also so close by the EK's shoreline I can't really see it as being a continent-sized landmass or being given an excusable lore retcon as "shifted by the cataclysm" or something.

Tel'abim, again a location I'd love to see, and would be surprised if we didn't see it in BfA as an island scenario.

Plunder Isle is another great location full of lore. I actually speculated it as a future expansion area before Legion's announcement as the "South Seas" expac everyone was hopeful for. Seeing the direction the lore is going in BfA, it's entirely possible Plunder Isle could be a launch raid, as only 1 has been revealed so far and iirc we will have more than 1 at launch, possibly gated like Nighthold and ToV.

Lapidis Island, is literally just a tiny island home to a mad scientist. I think it's just a cultural reference like Gillijim Island (AKA Gilligan's Island).

The Krazzworks are already in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Do you know what all locations were before they were mentioned in lore? They were previously unmentioned in lore. Every single one of them.
    World of Warcraft.

"World of" meaning the MMO will be taking place within the fictional setting of Warcraft, a game with lore established about it a decade before WoW launched.

While WoW has created new ZONES and new VILLAINS to flesh out those zones, EVERY LOCATION we've ever visited in the game has had established precedence within the Warcraft setting. An entirely NEW continent, with no previous mention from the RTS, expanded lore reading, RPG or mentioned by NPCs has yet to be pulled off by Blizzard. If they had done so before, it wouldn't be such a debated topic on if they would or ever will.

I know, that you know, that you understand the topic of the thread, and you're intentionally being obtuse. Why?

Deleted
    World of Warcraft.

"World of" meaning the MMO will be taking place within the fictional setting of Warcraft, a game with lore established about it a decade before WoW launched.

While WoW has created new ZONES and new VILLAINS to flesh out those zones, EVERY LOCATION we've ever visited in the game has had established precedence within the Warcraft setting. An entirely NEW continent, with no previous mention from the RTS, expanded lore reading, RPG or mentioned by NPCs has yet to be pulled off by Blizzard. If they had done so before, it wouldn't be such a debated topic on if they would or ever will.

I know, that you know, that you understand the topic of the thread, and you're intentionally being obtuse. Why?
    Because your wording is intentionally inflammatory and the argument against new lore is as retarded as an argument against making stuff up in the first place. It's hotly debated because people are ridiculous, and beginning a thread using the phrase 'made up on the spot' is both inflammatory and nonsensical. It's all made up, the only difference is the time of inception of the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

MoP is a proof they can create something awesome out of nothing if needed.
    It's also proof they can bastardize characters or ignore past plot threads to force the story forward.

World of Warcraft.

Every location? I think you forgot Pandaria. We didn't know anything about what it was like before we actually got to go there. Or quite a few vanilla zones, like Un'goro, Tanaris, Silithus...

Also, World of WarCraft does not imply that it only uses pre-existing lore. Most of the lore for WoW has been established after its release at this point. Given that it has been around for more than half the existence of the franchise, that's hardly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I actually suspect that we'll go inside the planet and travel to its core.
    I wonder if its Molten

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I am kinda hoping we lose to the old gods at the end of BfA and the black empire returns. Start the next expansion off with a far more dire situation than the Legion invasion and have territory already lost when 9.0 launches. The new content zones could be corrupted/conquered versions of original zones (and they could add the time travel NPCs wherever needed).
    this. I'm thinking like vanilla Plaguewood in the Eastern Plaguelands creepy. Call the new zones the Blacklands. Dark, scarred zones, dense with N'raqi and Aqir. Freshly desecrated towns, outposts, cities that we once quested in, consistent with dead/captured NPCs and questgivers that previously occupied them.

Lore schmore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I mentioned a few of those in the OP, and of your list, I could only realistically see Dragon Isles as being a place capable of hosting a future expansion. It'd have to be given the Pandaria/Broken Isles treatment, and there's nothing wrong with that, it'd still be a place mentioned in lore, though just barely (like Pandaria!). I could see Blizzard using Dragon Isles as a Northrend 2.0 expac, as iirc it's situated north of Silvermoon and east of Howling Fjord, so it'd be an icy continent.

As for the others mentioned, Nazjatar/Nyalotha are obvious locations we will be going to in either BfA as an Argus/Thunder Isle themepark zone to host this -presumed- Azshara raid. As for them being capable of holding an entire expac? I have my doubts based solely on Blizzard's acknowledgment that Vash'jr wasn't popular among the playerbase. They could make it underwater but not make it entirely an underwater zone, I guess (think throne of tides/bioshock as an entire expac). I personally doubt it, but maybe.

Kezan is a confirmed dungeon in BfA

Crestfall and Balor.. old names I barely recall, but Balor was softly retconned out of the original WoW map iirc. It was northwest of Westfall? Crestfall is also so close by the EK's shoreline I can't really see it as being a continent-sized landmass or being given an excusable lore retcon as "shifted by the cataclysm" or something.

Tel'abim, again a location I'd love to see, and would be surprised if we didn't see it in BfA as an island scenario.

Plunder Isle is another great location full of lore. I actually speculated it as a future expansion area before Legion's announcement as the "South Seas" expac everyone was hopeful for. Seeing the direction the lore is going in BfA, it's entirely possible Plunder Isle could be a launch raid, as only 1 has been revealed so far and iirc we will have more than 1 at launch, possibly gated like Nighthold and ToV.

Lapidis Island, is literally just a tiny island home to a mad scientist. I think it's just a cultural reference like Gillijim Island (AKA Gilligan's Island).

The Krazzworks are already in game.

- - - Updated - - -

World of Warcraft.

did you ever realized that w3 kalimdor is like 1/3 of wow kalimdor? it miss all south, west and north lands.
    even all rts popuped made up lands like lordaeron and broken isles, kalimdor, northrend, pandaria and a survived outland

Most of WoW lore was "made up" after Warcraft 3. Much of Warcraft 3's lore was made up after Warcraft 2...

Get a hobby dude.