Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    But they don't. : \

There's literally not a single one in Lore or in game or that exists in any Blizzard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    That's not a screenshot from a video game. There is literally not a single female Ogre seen or named in any Blizzard product.

But you're missing the point, the point is that Ogre's with their lack of female characters in any game are further developed to be a player race than stupid as fuck fat humans. That's not even a race, they are just humans who are fat. And the live with other humans who are not fat.

That's not a screenshot from a video game. There is literally not a single female Ogre seen or named in any Blizzard product.

But you're missing the point, the point is that Ogre's with their lack of female characters in any game are further developed to be a player race than stupid as fuck fat humans. That's not even a race, they are just humans who are fat. And the live with other humans who are not fat.
    Well, the book that's from is a Blizzard product. Technically. It's also true that ultra-burly humans aren't exactly the stuff of allied race hype. While they have a distinct physical form, it's not uniquely tied to a distinct culture. Other human types share the exact same culture with them, with no actual division. It's more just variation within Kul Tirans than a true other race, even though they're physically distinct enough for it.

Well, the book that's from is a Blizzard product. Technically.
    Dude I'm being serious here, there is no Lore about Ogre females. A piece of concept art is not Lore, and neither are technicalities. It's downright silly that people are trying to use Ogres to make the case for Fat Kul Tiran Allied race.

Why not regular Kul Tiran Allied Race? Why not skinny? Why only fat?

It's a dumb idea and people need to quit treating it seriously, I mean for crying out loud the fat and skinny human models have no facial animations and cannot even wear all player gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude I'm being serious here, there is no Lore about Ogre females. A piece of concept art is not Lore, and neither are technicalities. It's downright silly that people are trying to use Ogres to make the case for Fat Kul Tiran Allied race.

It's a dumb idea and people need to quit treating it seriously, I mean for crying out loud the fat and skinny human models have no facial animations and cannot even wear all player gear.
    Okay, we get it, you're sensitive about your weight issues. Be that as it may, that doesn't mean Ogres don't have females or that playable fat humans are going to be a thing. You're projecting so damn hard and it's kind of derailing.

That's not concept art. It's from a book. Female Ogres exist.

And the general assumption about fat people is that their models are incomplete.

That's not concept art. It's from a book. Female Ogres exist.

And the general assumption about fat people is that their models are incomplete.
    No the general assumption here about fat people is that they are intended to be an allied race which is just fucking stupid because they're not even a separate race at all, they are literally just fat humans that live with other humans, including really skinny ones, "normal" sized ones, and ones that are short and even fatter, but feel free to keep talking a bunch of unrelated nonsense to prove ...something in a thread that's not even about Kul Tirans.

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Strange that vulpera, a NPC race, have /train, sleep, stealth and talk emotes, a unique sleep to stand transition animation, detailed facial animations and more customization options than some allied races.
    Actually, it isn't strange at all. There are other NPCs that have emotes and animations that don't get used, but need to be there nonetheless. Also, who is to say that we won't see sleeping Vulpera or Sethrak NPCs? If they're sleeping, they need animations to wake up if you interact with them.

The detailed facial rigging is because we'll likely be seeing them in cinematics, so the cinematics team is going to want to be able to use those animations for storytelling purposes.

The telling part is looking at the level of detail on the faces. Look at Player race faces fairly close. Now look at Sethrak and Vulpera faces at the same distance. Player race faces have a lot more polygons and high-rez shading than either Sethrak or Vulpera. In fact, if you rotate the Vulpera face around in wowhead's dressing room, you can actually see sharp planes and angles that make up the muzzle. If you do the same to a worgen, you'll see that the muzzle is made of smooth curves.

As much as I wish it were otherwise, Vulpera and Sethrak are npc races and are designed as such.

Maybe we'll get them next expansion?

Deleted
    The blue glow on everything drust'ish reminds me of the blue glow the Worgen trees of life have. I could imagine the drust having not really been wiped out, but fled to the Emerald Dream, maybe even built a corner from it for themselves as a hiding place and that's where the Worgen ended up when Malfurion banished them, because he was actually trying to banish them forever, so like... killing them without actually killing them. And that may have thrown them in with the 'killed' but not really killed drust. Which is also why power from that part of the dream is actually more akin to death than life.

No? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Actually, it isn't strange at all. There are other NPCs that have emotes and animations that don't get used, but need to be there nonetheless.
    None of them have animations that were created specifically for them, the Vulpera do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    The blue glow on everything drust'ish reminds me of the blue glow the Worgen trees of life have. I could imagine the drust having not really been wiped out, but fled to the Emerald Dream, maybe even built a corner from it for themselves as a hiding place and that's where the Worgen ended up when Malfurion banished them, because he was actually trying to banish them forever, so like... killing them without actually killing them. And that may have thrown them in with the 'killed' but not really killed drust. Which is also why power from that part of the dream is actually more akin to death than life.

No? ^^
    I think, if this is what it turns out to be, that's at least acceptable and passive for an Allied Race. Much moreso than Void Elves. But still not enough to get me to play Alliance.

None of them have animations that were created specifically for them, the Vulpera do.
    Doesn't mean anything, especially if they intend to use it in cinematics. The rest of the Vulpera animations are from Goblins. They either figured that they didn't want them to look exactly like Goblins, or they couldn't resist using the tail for something. I mean, Blizzard devs are people too! Hell, if I were making a fennec fox race, I'd spend a little time doing a fluffy tail sleep just for shits and giggles.

Trust me, I'd love to have some races different than 50 flavors of human, but looking at the model and texture quality on the faces compared to player confirmed races, I'm pretty much convinced that we won't get them. They're just not up to par.

Doesn't mean anything, especially if they intend to use it in cinematics. The rest of the Vulpera animations are from Goblins. They either figured that they didn't want them to look exactly like Goblins, or they couldn't resist using the tail for something. I mean, Blizzard devs are people too! Hell, if I were making a fennec fox race, I'd spend a little time doing a fluffy tail sleep just for shits and giggles.

Trust me, I'd love to have some races different than 50 flavors of human, but looking at the model and texture quality on the faces compared to player confirmed races, I'm pretty much convinced that we won't get them. They're just not up to par.
    Clearly I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I think the Vulpera faces look far better than Worgen. Can to provide an example?

If the drust have to be an allied race, they would be Horde for multiples reasons :

-They use the undead skeleton
    -They seek to be brought back to life and that's something Sylvanas could do for them.

The main reason that make me think they won't be playable is because they're servants of N'zoth. But this would make a void race for the Horde, and they could rival void elf if we have to get some void plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    If the drust have to be an allied race, they would be Horde for multiples reasons :

-They use the undead skeleton
    -They seek to be brought back to life and that's something Sylvanas could do for them.

The main reason that make me think they won't be playable is because they're servants of N'zoth. But this would make a void race for the Horde, and they could rival void elf if we have to get some void plots.
    They aren't servants of N'zoth as far as we know, and they don't use the undead skeleton at all. They simply just don't exist ingame, except for literally one dude.

The Shadowlands is currently one of the least explored concepts in Warcraft lore. We've been there, but we have no idea of where it came from or what it is for. It is suppose to be the opposite end of the spectrum from the Emerald Dream, and we sort of know where that came from.

The deepest we've gone into the Shadowlands seems to be the scenario to rescue Uuna's spirit form the darkness that was trying to consume her.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gND3Bghr_oZL5Y

Most of the Vulpera animations are custom crafted. Regardless of if they used the Goblin animations as a starting point, they still were given their own flavor in cases where it matters. Like Sleep/Down/Up and StealthWalk. Saying they 'use Goblin animations' is both a misnomer and for the most part not even relevant. As long as the race ends up feeling different enough from Goblins (which it already does and definitely will) then where they started from doesn't really matter.

And bone-wise, 41+Ears for Vulpera, 40 Pandaren, 46 Human, 21 F Worgen... They have plenty of animation in the face and any animation where it's a bit lacking still has the potential to be touched up. If anything, speak up about those specifically and we'll keep an eye on them.

(As for the slight gap you may notice on the muzzle/face connection, that's an easy fix if it's not just an artifact in the Model Viewers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Clearly I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I think the Vulpera faces look far better than Worgen. Can to provide an example?
    I don't think that person is a serious poster, just here to stir shit up and argue for the sake of it.

Worgen look absolutely terrible and always did.

And this guy seems to think that making specific animations for this new race means nothing, even though they have never made specific animations for any race other that player races before.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasAmaranth View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gND3Bghr_oZL5Y

Most of the Vulpera animations are custom crafted. Regardless of if they used the Goblin animations as a starting point, they still were given their own flavor in cases where it matters. Like Sleep/Down/Up and StealthWalk. Saying they 'use Goblin animations' is both a misnomer and for the most part not even relevant. As long as the race ends up feeling different enough from Goblins (which it already does and definitely will) then where they started from doesn't really matter.

And bone-wise, 41+Ears for Vulpera, 40 Pandaren, 46 Human, 21 F Worgen... They have plenty of animation in the face and any animation where it's a bit lacking still has the potential to be touched up. If anything, speak up about those specifically and we'll keep an eye on them.

(As for the slight gap you may notice on the muzzle/face connection, that's an easy fix if it's not just an artifact in the Model Viewers.)
    I was looking primarily at the polys on the face, and the fact that you can see soft edges forming the "cylinder" that is the muzzle. Worgen muzzles by comparison aren't so blocky and are a lot smoother.

Also, we do know that goblins and worgen are due for something of a rework. Unless an animation takes into account uniquely Vulperan physiology, such as the sleep animation, we don't really know if it's meant to be unique, or just part of the new tool kit that has yet to be released. It's very possible that new animations will be tested first with Vulpera and then rolled out later.

I don't think that person is a serious poster, just here to stir shit up and argue for the sake of it.

Worgen look absolutely terrible and always did.

And this guy seems to think that making specific animations for this new race means nothing, even though they have never made specific animations for any race other that player races before.
    Not stirring shit up for the sake of it. I genuinely don't believe that they'll be PC races this xpac, and I HATE the fact that genuine discussion is shut down based on speculation and conjecture. A lot of people trying to discuss things immediately get shut down by "Horde have Vulpera". Horde don't have Vulpera. Literally nothing is confirmed at this point, and any few points that suggest that they might be a playable race are circumstantial at best.

YOU think worgen look terrible, but other people might not. That wasn't what I was referring to, and you know it.

I HATE the fact that genuine discussion is shut down based on speculation and conjecture.
    Genuine discussion is not making ridiculously insane statements like "making unique custom animations for a race means nothing" or claiming that fat humans who are just fat humans and are only fat humans and not some other race are likely to be an allied race just cuz you think so and want it to happen.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-03-12 at 08:20 AM.

Well, we have concept art of them. Now, if there are more spirits like them trying to crossover from the Shadowlands the same way as Gorak Tul, then we'd be expecting a Treeple race of Wicker Men. Whose Druids could shapeshift into wicker bears, cats, moonkins, and what have you. What would a Vrykul made out of wood look like? Well, other than Gorak Tul.

And speaking of the Shadowlands, I just thought of a neat flavor idea for Drustvar. Actually have Drust spirits roaming the countryside when you're dead.
    The Shadowlands and Spirit Realm are different places.