Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    So far we know Queen Aszhara is the final boss of the first tier. So the Gul'dan of BFA. My current predictions would be Zul for 2nd tier and something wildcard for 3rd tier. N'zoth seems to obvious imo, so it might be N'zoth, but with a twist of some sort.
    I agree, seeing Argus as the final boss of Legion was a nice twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    The thing that made Garrosh work is that there was a very, very vocal segment of the Horde playerbase that absolutely despised him. Jaina and Sylvanas are divisive, but most of the hate comes cross faction and it's not nearly unified enough for me to think they'd risk that.

Regarding Sylvanas specifically, they had openings for this kind of thing in Cata and early Legion and both times they've chosen instead to downplay or not further develop these plots. Seems to me they want to keep her around for the long term.
    Indeed. The Banshee Waifu seems to have the heaviest plot armor ever created in WoW. It would be great if Azshara was the T1 boss and Jaina the T2 one, with Azeroth's avatar (or something like that) to close the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    But for real dont wanna sound SJW or anything but it'd be kinda cool to finally have the big bad be a female, Azshara for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    So far we know Queen Aszhara is the final boss of the first tier. So the Gul'dan of BFA. My current predictions would be Zul for 2nd tier and something wildcard for 3rd tier. N'zoth seems to obvious imo, so it might be N'zoth, but with a twist of some sort.
    While I agree with your assessment of where Azshara will show in the Raid Tiers for this expansion (as they came as close as they could to saying as much at Blizzcon) I definitely don't agree with your assessment on Zul. Zul is so much weaker than Azshara at this point that it would take something positively immense to change that. I would honestly bet that he is the Elisande to Azshara based on some of the datamined info.

I am thinking/hoping that they will double down on the faction war and maybe have some particularly catastrophic battlefield/battlefields to fight over where we might incapacitate/seriously injure a major faction leader (think like Anduin/Vol'jin in Mists). I couldn't say who would be the final boss of that raid but it would need to be an actual kill not "I'll deal with you later /bubblehearth".

But N'Zoth, almost definitely for final boss

Azshara will be the final boss for Tier 1, tier 2 and final tier of this xpac, given that she loves running away when she faces us as it seems she doesn't give a flying fuck about us

On-topic, N'zoth is pretty obvious so I hope it is not N'zoth. If it's not, I also hope it's not some re-hashed thing as usual (that's been a while we didn't see Onyxia !).

Deleted
    I'm up for Stormwind sacking for a change, making Anduin insane mass murderer and then killing him, of course. Or better yet let some lvl 10 random mob kill him during some very non-epic battle.
    Alas N'zoth will probably be the big bad and Alliance will be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InnsmouthDweller View Post
    making Anduin insane mass murderer and then killing him, of course
    There's no way they'll kill Golden Boy when he's just coming into his own.

I think Magni is a likely target as others have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Azshara will be the final boss for Tier 1, tier 2 and final tier of this xpac, given that she loves running away when she faces us as it seems she doesn't give a flying fuck about us

On-topic, N'zoth is pretty obvious so I hope it is not N'zoth. If it's not, I also hope it's not some re-hashed thing as usual (that's been a while we didn't see Onyxia !).
    Lol if they drag her rotten corpse out (literally!) again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sollioswoop View Post
    There's no way they'll kill Golden Boy when he's just coming into his own.

I think Magni is a likely target as others have suggested.
    Corrupting the speaker via the source or the other way around seems somewhat plausible. Could work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Lol if they drag her rotten corpse out (literally!) again...

- - - Updated - - -

Corrupting the speaker via the source or the other way around seems somewhat plausible. Could work.
    I think killing Magni would be interesting. IIRC Anduin and Magni were close at one point.

"The planet's gone rabid, we are going to have to put her down, kid," Magni Bronzebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    "The planet's gone rabid, we are going to have to put her down, kid," Magni Bronzebeard.
    Then he takes his old warhammers and charge in battle: "HEROOOOIIIISM!!!"

*Dark Iron Dwarf shaman cast Heroism*

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    The way i see it,BfA will be MoP v2.
    A small brake from real threat for the first tier, a semi dangerous threat for 2nd tier and at the last one we will get some wrong move and get a huge ass old god threatening us with his raid leading to the next expansions,where we destroy old gods and open our way to the void lords.
    Tier 1 - Uldir + Siege of Boralus

-Each faction gains entry to the two mainlands of BFA, work their way to gain favor.

Tier 2
    -Faction unlock Zandalari and Kul'tiran Human. Both faction now has naval and maritime fleet.
    Island Expedition unlocks. Maritime travel. Kezan dungeon unlocks another offcoast dungeon for Alliance unlocks as well.

-To be continued...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    The way i see it,BfA will be MoP v2.
    A small brake from real threat for the first tier, a semi dangerous threat for 2nd tier and at the last one we will get some wrong move and get a huge ass old god threatening us with his raid leading to the next expansions,where we destroy old gods and open our way to the void lords.
    Tier 1 - Uldir + Siege of Boralus
    - Blackwing Lair dungeon version L120, Black rock depth-inner sanctum , blackrock depths-outer hall
    -Each faction gains entry to the two mainlands of BFA, work their way to gain favor.

Tier 2
    -Faction unlock Zandalari and Kul'tiran Human. Both faction now has naval and maritime fleet.
    Island Expedition unlocks. Maritime travel. Kezan dungeon unlocks another offcoast dungeon for Alliance unlocks as well.
    -Deadmines Mythic+, Throne of Tides Mythic +
    -To be continued...
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-03-12 at 12:31 PM.

It's gotta be N'Zoth, he's gonne be laughing his ass off the whole expansion at us basically killing ourselves for him with another pointless Alliance vs Horde war.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Sure, but like I said, the devs already stated at Blizzcon that Jaina isn't evil. I think that was basically to squelch the whole "Jaina is secretly corrupted" thing that's been going around the last five to six years.

Chalk it up to poor writing of a character who has had enough shit after so much tolerance and mercy. She's basically done. She fed up with the hordes lack of balance within itself.
    No I was not saying that story wise Jaina is evil. Warcraft is full of pompous arrogant, proud warriors and Magus who have big take charge and kill the enemy attitudes and smiting the evil bad guys. In Warcraft this is good. But come on now, use some reason & logic... to some people in the real world... you really think this characters overbearing commanding take charge kill the enemy attitude won't be seen as bad? I have said, I like to think truth is the eye of the behold... so is a painting!

Jaina raped the orcs and the trolls and then got raped by the Arthas death knights & was forced to make an alliance with an Orc, which for Jaina would be like Stalin making an alliance with Hitler after Hitler attacked his country. So the story differs of the earth greatly, warcraft takes the whole idea of war and hatred and fighting for your cause to a whole new level of cluster chaos. So that's really the only reason why Jaina is not evil in Warcraft. However, that does not mean that Jaina as a Magus can not be corrupted into something evil. The Legion story, especially in the Emerald nightmare raid is replete with examples of Good elves, dragons and a warrior bear from previous expac story lines being corrupted by evil in Azeroth. & if this corruption of an Old God targeted Jaina, she would likely be powerless to stop it especially if she didn't know it was happening (say like in an emerald dream. She is not an all powerful God, just a Magus with the guts most real life men wish they had. & don't rule out Blizzards propensity to corrupt & kill off old characters as they do & story wise & more Blizzard is the real enemy here.
    Last edited by NoahWeaver; 2018-03-12 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    #17 Teri got me good, all for it

N'Zoth will be the final guy of next expansion but the ending of this one will be some other old god

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingDreamer View Post
    This expansion focuses on the clash between the Alliance and Horde forces on Azeroth, but who do you think will end up the final tier villain. As far as i'm aware they haven't announced it, as they haven't the last couple expansions. I know Queen Azshara is suppose to be a mid-tier boss I believe I heard. So I almost feel as if N'zoth may be the final tier boss if it continues with the Naga story-line route, but may save him for a future expansion. Could refocus the story later on with a faction leader becoming the final boss like MoP. Or possibly our own titan could end up the villain, although i feel that's doubtful.
    I'm thinking we'll fight Azeroth.

It's all in the name, really. This is the battle for Azeroth, where we fight for the future of our world. Not literally fight each other for land. We will do that too, but that's not a story. Mists of pandaria has a story about getting to terms with who we are. As a horde player, it meant taking a stand against the Garrosh line of thinking. As an alliance player, it meant taking the higher ground when vengeance was possible. Battle for Azeroth has a very distinct "Mists of Pandaria" feeling to it - I'm of the belief that the story is in the same vein.

But what's it actually about then?

The story might be about a scared and wounded little world soul, who is about to do something stupid. Or maybe the story is about a diamond dwarf who falsely believes that.

The story may be about a troll prophet, fed visions about his homeland's demise, and makes a bad situation a lot worse by poking with Titan technology. And possibly about another dead warchief trying to undo a similar vision-induced mistake.

The story may be about a human island nation, under old god influence, and how they deal with that. Or fail to. I'm honestly leaning the latter, it's a much more interesting story that way.

The story might be about the Horde not having the unity they need to achieve anything, and how the horde deals with that. What binds the horde together, really, when they so hate each other?

The story may be about the Alliance needing to find their purpose. While the alliance started because the horde arrived, nowadays the horde exists because of alliance flaws. What binds the alliance together, really, when all they agree on is the prejudice against the horde?

Honestly, I have literally no idea what the story is about. Blizzard isn't telling. I think they want to, but the true villain is not clear for a reason, just like they couldn't tell before mists that the final villain was Garrosh. I firmly believe the story is set already. What remains is how it plays out. But if this is a tale of a struggle - it doesn't make sense to spoil the ending.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]