Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mag’har Racial Speculation

What could they be?

Would the active be mobility-based or a damage buff like Blood Fury?

Profession boost passives to skinning or some Orc clan-themed passive buff?

How would Blizzard be able to incorporate all of the orc clans into the racial theme of the race?

Personally, I want to race change my Rogue to a Mag’har to be like one of the Bleeding Hollow orcs. Those guys are badass

5+ Year Old Account
    The Mag'har don't have the animal-handling type skills of Azerothian Orcs, so that one's probably out. And without the Fel in their blood, I think Blood Fury might be gone?

Movement abilities are -really- popular with the Devs at this point, and with -good- reason. They're fun, convenient, and make the game a little more interesting without it being too terribly strong for damage or healing or tanking metrics. So I would expect something. Maybe a Leap ability like the Warrior class gets?

Profession boost is almost certainly going to be a part of it. Skinning could work, but I think they might take the other foot and go for either Leatherworking ('Cause animal hides are a common theme) or more likely Blacksmithing. They are the Iron Horde, after all, and metalworking became a really -really- big thing recently on AU Draenor.

Honestly, I kind of think they're going to wind up "Generic" Orc traits rather than making anything tribe-specific.

I really hope the Leap is a thing 'cause that would make them -ridiculously- mobile as Warriors or Rogues. Particularly in PvP environments where slows are common.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Mag'har don't have the animal-handling type skills of Azerothian Orcs, so that one's probably out. And without the Fel in their blood, I think Blood Fury might be gone?

Movement abilities are -really- popular with the Devs at this point, and with -good- reason. They're fun, convenient, and make the game a little more interesting without it being too terribly strong for damage or healing or tanking metrics. So I would expect something. Maybe a Leap ability like the Warrior class gets?

Profession boost is almost certainly going to be a part of it. Skinning could work, but I think they might take the other foot and go for either Leatherworking ('Cause animal hides are a common theme) or more likely Blacksmithing. They are the Iron Horde, after all, and metalworking became a really -really- big thing recently on AU Draenor.

Honestly, I kind of think they're going to wind up "Generic" Orc traits rather than making anything tribe-specific.

I really hope the Leap is a thing 'cause that would make them -ridiculously- mobile as Warriors or Rogues. Particularly in PvP environments where slows are common.
    Well, Mag'har are also made up of Frostwolf Orcs, which have incredible animal (wolf, rylak) handling skills.

They might have some racials similar to the shaman stone buffs in Frostfire Ridge.

The same as the playable orcs... outside of one or two changes, I don't know why it would vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be great if they got a 30-35 yrd Leap that snared targets on landing or something like that.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Would be great if they got a 30-35 yrd Leap that snared targets on landing or something like that.
    instantly can't be death knights, i'd refuse to play a game where a class has wraith walk a grip or 2 and a fucking leap, along with insane anti CC and survival.

or i'd just reroll that for pvp, so i'll never lose vs any alliance RIP ALL YOUR CASTERS LUL.

Deleted

The orcs had blood fury prior to drinking demonblood, the fel only enhanced it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    instantly can't be death knights, i'd refuse to play a game where a class has wraith walk a grip or 2 and a fucking leap, along with insane anti CC and survival.

or i'd just reroll that for pvp, so i'll never lose vs any alliance RIP ALL YOUR CASTERS LUL.
    Why would they? No other Allied race can be DKs and Mag'hars were literally on another planet when DKs were created...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Any news if they're adding more hair styles? They really need the shattered hand long hair, and the three shattered hand skins they have, are lackluster i think, not pale enough.

Also if anyone remembers the Kil'sorrow orcs (shadow council), had cool eye tattoos, those would be nice to see added in.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

The Mag'har are also Frostwolves and Thunderlords, two major hunter clans. And the Blood Fury is something ALL orcs have (source: watch the Durotan LoW video).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    The same as the playable orcs... outside of one or two changes, I don't know why it would vary.
    Because LF Draenei and HM Tauren are completely different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by esoy View Post
    What could they be?

Would the active be mobility-based or a damage buff like Blood Fury?

Profession boost passives to skinning or some Orc clan-themed passive buff?

How would Blizzard be able to incorporate all of the orc clans into the racial theme of the race?

Personally, I want to race change my Rogue to a Mag’har to be like one of the Bleeding Hollow orcs. Those guys are badass
    A popular theory is, that they'll get a racial that matches each clan, Like "Something something Warsong - Mounted Speed increased by X", "Something something Shadowmoon Shadow Dmg increased", "Something something Blackrock Blacksmithing Bonus" etc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

they cant be death knights to begin with.
    like, do people actually realize during what time the dk starting zone is set in?

Formerly known as Arafal

I expect some active ability that allows them to summon a Frostwolf to their aid. Profession buff could be leatherworking/skinning related. Maybe another active ability where they throw a harpoon at their enemies. Passives could be something like +1% Mastery or reduced effects from slow/sheep/impailing.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    As others said, they also have blood fury, perhaps it cannnot be called upon as well as the green orcs can, so its more like the void elve's en tropic embrace where it is random bursts of rage.

Another nice racial would be a Garrosh styled beat down , or a use of a chain.

There could be a wilds of Draenor racial or something reduced dmg taken by beasts or something idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Additional XP from slaying Demons? Lightforged Draenei already have this but it seems appropriate for the Mag'har Orcs too.

Random Blood Fury procs like others have suggested? Perhaps higher at a low health threshold?

Cannot be dismounted so easily when using their racial mount, or maybe any Wolf-based mount?

"Shamanic Resistance" reduces damage from Fire, Frost, and Nature damage by 1%?

Summon a Mag'har Wolf as a temporary helper for X seconds?

Probably some form of defensive ability, them being resilient and all.

Maybe 1% bonus elemental damage

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Any news if they're adding more hair styles? They really need the shattered hand long hair, and the three shattered hand skins they have, are lackluster i think, not pale enough.
    They're Laughing Skull skins. I think they've deliberately left out anything to do with the Shattered Hand because it wouldn't really fit without having a missing hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see something to do with summoning a wolf for help or some kind of convenience perk.
    Profession Buff seems like a given, my guess goes to skinning and leatherworking.
    Seeing its the AU orcs, a Frost resist buff wouldn't surprise me. Or some kind of resist to another damage type.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They're Laughing Skull skins. I think they've deliberately left out anything to do with the Shattered Hand because it wouldn't really fit without having a missing hand.
    Missing hands don't have to be genetic, since we're going back to draenor, maybe those orcs have got their stuff together and some of them(the playable ones) don't have to cut their hands off. It's just skin and a hair option is what is needed

A leap would make broken as fuck. Not just in PvP but also in PvE as well, instant movement abilities are absolute lifesavers in Mythic and a big reason why things like Stampeding Roar are so powerful. There's a reason a lot of PvP players look at Void Elves with envy, their teleport is nuts there. Not to mention recycling a Warrior ability would be lazy.

Shattered Hand and Bleeding Hollow are out of the Maghar because they lost their leader, and mostly, the Bleeding Hollow followed Gul'dan and we killed them in Tanaan Jungle. Laughing Skull are lonewolves and too hard to manage.

When you look at the skins, its clearly BlackRock (black and grey) / BurningBlade (scars and wounds) / Warsong (tribal tattoos) / FrostWolf (light and dark brown without tattoos) / Shadowmoon (white painting)

Based on this, we can go with something like that:
    Bless of the Elements: (passive) Fire based damages are reduced by X% > related to Shadowmoon clan
    Master of the BlackRock Foundry: (active) Summons a Anvil and a forge (X min CD) / (passive) Blacksmithing increased by X > related to Blackrock Clan
    Frostridge Hunter: (passive) Increase your skinning speed by X% and skill by X > related to Frostwolf clan
    Rider of the plains: (active) summons a mount for X second increasing you speed by X% and allows you to fight (X min CD) > related to Warsong clan
    Blademaster's training: (passive) Increase your melee damages by X% > related to BurningBlade clan

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Shadowmoon (white painting)
    ...it's clearly Bleeding Hollow. The only Shadowmoon orc with face paint was Ner'zhul. Those are quite clearly Tanaan Jungle orcs.