Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    And why the US will have growing income inequality. Letting companies avoid paying tax isn't good for society, or billionaires. By contributing to society they ensure that the society is more stable and it protects thier wealth. We shouldn't put up with companies that exploit the infrustructure and workers without paying thier dues.
    OK tax the fuck out of him and he has 90 Billion instead of 130 billion

What exactly did that solve?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    No shit. But that doesn't mean he hasn't accumulated wealth to physically spend derp.
    yup, but that amount is still a secret AFAIK.
    all the stories about Bezos' wealth threat it as if he could shell out billions on a minutes notice. pfft

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Income inequality is never a problem.
    Could not be more wrong if you were paid to find new and exciting ways to be wrong.

Let’s pretend a single person in America controls 90% of the current available wealth. You see zero potential economic issues with that? Are you reading economics taught be Ken ham?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    the smell of commie filth on this thread is over 9k.
    Isn't that the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    How long until we are in an Elysium type world?
    How much longer until Orcs invade Earth from Dreanor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Amazon is really becoming incredible. I can't wait to see what they have planned down the line.
    Grocery markets are said to be on his radar.

One of my parents was higher up in a major US chain.
    The story goes that some exec laughed at him and told him he could never topple the perishable market, and people would always need to shop at a grocery store.
    Guess what that means for a guy like Bezos......yeah grocery markets are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    He could buy everyone in the world a house and still be a super rich. He owns this site too lmao.
    How much do these houses cost? 7 Billion people 100k(pretty cheap) each is $700 Trillion. I'm pretty sure that is out of even his price range.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    knew exactly where this topic was going when I saw the tagline.

"OMG he haz so much monies, he should just give it to evryone else, they'll totally use it right and better than he every could!"
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    How much do these houses cost? 7 Billion people 100k(pretty cheap) each is $700 Trillion. I'm pretty sure that is out of even his price range.
    yup, simple math puts his "present" at less than $20 worth. so he can feed everybody a bit but nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Could not be more wrong if you were paid to find new and exciting ways to be wrong.

Let’s pretend a single person in America controls 90% of the current available wealth. You see zero potential economic issues with that? Are you reading economics taught be Ken ham?
    There is no economic issue, the more wealth any person has the better. In order to maintain wealth more people are needed on a daily basis in order to prevent depreciation. If the rich person just wants to sit on their wealth that is fine but they will always lose out to active entrepreneurs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    We should take all the wealth and give it to poor people that will fix everything. /s
    It actually would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Let me tell you a little story...

In 1996 I worked for a courier company (now no longer independently in business). We had a contract with Amazon to handle the after hours final delivery to the airport with their packages to ship out. We did deliveries for them to the airport all day, but this specific contact had rules. They had to contact us no later than 4pm to inform us what size vehicle was needed; small covered truck, small van, large cargo van, two large cargo vans, etc. It was up to them to calculate the total space needed and let us no. We then picked up by 6pm to deliver to SeaTac. This

The reason for this was so that we could schedule. We only had a couple of on-call drivers in the evening. We had to make certain we scheduled the right vehicle in advance.

In addition to being the customer service manager, I was the after hours on-call dispatch. Around 5:30, I get a call from our schedule Amazon driver.

"There is NO way in hell these packages will fit in my vehicle". He had a small closed truck. He said they needed at LEAST a cargo van. The Amazon dock manager was being an ass about it. I called and spoke with him as he yelled at me, threatening to pull our business (which he had no authority to do). Finally, I had to go down to Seattle and speak to this guys boss who then yelled at me, calling me names and telling me what shitty customer service I was providing. No matter how I explained the concept of the contractual agreement, he told me I should "shut the fuck up and make him happy".

That was Jeff Bezos. I got into a pissing match with Jeff Bezos in 1996.

He was the biggest asshole I have ever had the misfortune to meet. He is an absolute dick. And I have had several friends that have worked in the higher levels at Amazon and from what I have heard, nothing has changed in 20 years.
    Well that article in the New Yorker was pretty damning on the work environment at Amazon. I'm not really surprised by your encounter (is it weird that I think it's pretty cool?), but I've dealt with Amazon in general, on a VERY limited basis, and their attitude doesn't seem to have changed much.

We were a very small contractor with them, and they took at least 120 days to pay their invoices.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It actually would.
    how many billionaires you gonna rob for that and what is the final sum ?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    knew exactly where this topic was going when I saw the tagline.

"OMG he haz so much monies, he should just give it to evryone else, they'll totally use it right and better than he every could!"
    Actually, the best choice would be to make him spend his money on the poor - but have him actually do the spending, not give it to the government and siphon it off through their ridiculously over-staffed processes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    12. $1.4 Trillion.

It's not like he personally owns that amount of money. I read previously almost all of Amazon's profit goes back into the company for Research & Development, and it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Do you believe taxation is theft? If so we can kindly ignore your further posts.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The wealth could only end hunger in the context of one brief snapshot in time. To solve world hunger the poor countries would have to learn how to produce and generate resources over time. No amount of wealth transfer can force them to create a productive system.
    The actual wealth transfer is through the West exploiting those countries, past and present. Stopping that, and reparation, would help.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't literally have $130b in his bank, just what his shares in amazon are worth, should he sell them today. Which he won't do obviously. Still, I doubt he has to ask his friend to pay the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post

You’re the one that is wrong. It doesn’t matter how much money someone else has. It’s the quality of life for the the poorest. In America , it’s still fucking outstanding. With a large government net to make it even better.

Whether Bezos has 1 billion or 700 billion has 0 impact on you, me or the poor.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You’re the one that is wrong. It doesn’t matter how much money someone else has. It’s the quality of life for the the poorest. In America , it’s still fucking outstanding. With a large government net to make it even better.

Whether Bezos has 1 billion or 700 billion has 0 impact on you, me or the poor.
    Wut? Your country has a serious homeless problem. Has a serious problem with people not being able to afford medical treatment. Has a serious problem with school children going hungry. Has a serious problem with a pipeline to prison slave labor. Has a serious problem with those poor that have jobs working themselves to the bone and still barely getting by. Lol American government net. From a European perspective you guys live in a cyber punk world minus all the cool cyber shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    it's just an estimastion

the rothschilds have way more money than that
    Because comparing families to 1 individual is apples to apples..........

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Perhaps for unskilled workers.
    No such thing as unskilled labor. Only people whose skills people like you don't value.