Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. Odd how the two school districts in Ohio which started allowing teachers to carry a firearm to school have not become less safe.
    2 whole districts? omagerd!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Which have been shown to be ineffective from the beginning.

Columbine had armed guards.
    Yeah. Lets look at that event for a moment. https://www.investors.com/politics/e...e-saved-lives/

On April 20, 1999, Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff's deputy who had been policing the school for almost two years, was eating lunch when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold arrived at Columbine with their deadly arsenal and deadlier intentions.

Gardner said he got a call from a custodian that he was needed in the school's back parking lot. A few minutes later, he encountered Harris, and the two exchanged gunfire. The exchange with Harris lasted for an extended period of time, during which Harris' gun jammed.

The deputy and the backup he immediately called for exchanged fire with the shooters a second time and helped begin the evacuation of students, all before SWAT teams arrived, and before Harris and Klebold eventually killed themselves in the library.

Harris and Klebold also carried improvised explosive devices, some that detonated, others that didn't. One thing is certain — the armed resistance of Gardner and his backup bought time and saved lives.

There is no way of knowing how many lives were saved that day by an armed sheriff's deputy, and how many would have been slaughtered if nobody had been there with a gun at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    2 whole districts? omagerd!
    Just in Ohio. There are others across the nation. In Texas, any state funded college, even students can carry a handgun concealed into classes which are otherwise lawful to carry one concealed.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-12 at 11:59 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The great majority of vets are very stable and well trained.

It is assumptions. For both of us in this matter. Wait until the bill becomes law. If it does.

- - - Updated - - -

You are arguing about something which several schools across the nation already do and have for years. And many more are considering it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. He was a damn coward. And was no where close to the entrance of the school to have even prevented the shooter from entering anyway. Too many forget to mention that. :P

A- It only takes 1 vet with ptsd...it already happened once this last week. Insurance rates will skyrocket.

B- Several out of a million? Well damn that proves it works right?

C- And a lot of people are damn cowards.....you never know till the Shit goes down.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe. Odd how the two school districts in Ohio which started allowing teachers to carry a firearm to school have not become less safe.
    hehehe, and there is no proof they have become more safe either.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    A- It only takes 1 vet with ptsd...it already happened once this last week. Insurance rates will skyrocket.

B- Several out of a million? Well damn that proves it works right?

C- And a lot of people are damn cowards.....you never know till the Shit goes down.
    Gheeze. lets not let Vets have any responsible positions. Even if they were teachers before they entered the military. :P

Just that in those that have, no bad shit has happened or school shootings ether. While not indicative of all situations, it does speak for those that do.

If a lot of soldiers and police are cowards, we would never have won any wars or the police would have a lot lower death count. You train for when the shit goes down.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandmother smoke and never had any issues with her lungs. That doesn't make smoking any safer.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    My grandmother smoke and never had any issues with her lungs. That doesn't make smoking any safer.
    It was for her lungs. My grandmother dipped snuff and lived to 95. It was safe for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gheeze. lets not let Vets have any responsible positions. Even if they were teachers before they entered the military. :P
    I linked several programs that already do this... you choose to ignore it...

Just that in those that have, no bad shit has happened or school shootings ether. While not indicative of all situations, it does speak for those that do.
    No bad shit happens in most schools... what drops in school shootings in these schools happened? Was this something that happened often and now stopped or something that never happened... still never happening...

If a lot of soldiers and police are cowards, we would never have won any wars or the police would have a lot lower death count. You train for when the shit goes down.
    Now... try that with teachers...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    It was for her. My grandmother dipped snuff and lived to 95. It was safe for her.
    I used anecdotal evidence to prove the point I was making. Because something somehow works for someone doesn't make it objectively better or even good. Arming teachers open a lot of dangerous possibilities. Firearm theft, disgruntled teachers using it for intimidation, lost bullets.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I used anecdotal evidence to prove the point I was making. Because something somehow works for someone doesn't make it objectively better or even good. Arming teachers open a lot of dangerous possibilities. Firearm theft, disgruntled teachers using it for intimidation, lost bullets.
    There is no evidance that it works... even anecdotal.

When the result is the same before and after an action is taken, it doesn’t mean the action did anything.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    But you are assuming it would. We both are assuming things, this is true. But there is the fact most mass shooters pick soft targets for a reason. As do criminals. And the fears you are putting forth, have so far, not been true for the schools which do allow teachers to be armed.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you are assuming it would. We both are assuming things, this is true. But there is the fact most mass shooters pick soft targets for a reason. As do criminals. And the fears you are putting forth, have so far, not been true for the schools which do allow teachers to be armed.
    The school was not chosen because it is a soft target. He might be assuming, but you are making shit up.

and that is why you have thousands of deserters and a president who dodged the draft 5 times.

talk about a coward at the highest level of our country.

No idea why i baited myself into yet another round robin on gun control same excuses every time from the norms.....(not necessarily you btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    and that is why you have thousands of deserters and a president who dodged the draft 5 times.

talk about a coward at the highest level of our country.

No idea why i baited myself into yet another round robin on gun control same excuses every time from the norms.....(not necessarily you btw)
    I am well aware of your feelings about the President of the United States of America.

One thing to consider to is if you arm teachers you are going to have an increase in the amount of accidental shootings in schools simply due to people making mistakes.

I am well aware of your feelings about the President of the United States of America.
    5 deferments is really not a feeling.....it kind of points to fact he is a coward while the poor kids of america had to go to their deaths and fight for this country.

and we are all aware of your feelings as well, defend till the very end!

You are making a statement which is literally impossible to quantify.

I'll say you're wrong because more guns will always make a situation less safe. And you'll say you're right because whatever.

You can't say it isn't less safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You are making a statement which is literally impossible to quantify.

I'll say you're wrong because more guns will always make a situation less safe. And you'll say you're right because whatever.

You can't say it isn't less safe.
    You can't say they are less safe. So we have a tie.

Are you going to prove that because of that those schools are safer? Has less incidents happen since that was put into place? Have less shootings happened there? Believe it or not if there were zero shootings before arming the teachers means that all that it did nothing.

You can't keep shouting "two districts in Ohio" and it means anything more than you being a broken record. It's called proof, ma'am, show it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't say they are less safe. So we have a tie.
    I know I can't sleep if I'm not surrounded by dozens of fire arms. The more there are the safer I feel and the faster I fall asleep because of it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Are you going to prove that because of that those schools are safer? Has less incidents happen since that was put into place? Have less shootings happened there? Believe it or not if there were zero shootings before arming the teachers means that all that it did nothing.

You can't keep shouting "two districts in Ohio" and it means anything more than you being a broken record. It's called proof, ma'am, show it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I can't sleep if I'm not surrounded by dozens of fire arms. The more there are the safer I feel and the faster I fall asleep because of it.
    It is not just those two schools. Nothing radical has happened to any of the schools across the nation which have done the same thing the two districts have in Ohio.

I really do not care about your sleeping habits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    • Create a federal commission to study school safety
    • Yeah, sure let's create a commission to study school safety but not to study why mass shootings happen or what to do about it. Brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

It was for her lungs. My grandmother dipped snuff and lived to 95. It was safe for her.
    I know this is horribly off topic but that's really​ not how that works.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.