Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Love Vrykul, will race-change all my toons.

Don't see Warlocks as a class though. Especially given the recent history of Tideskorn and the fel.

Also, though I often have talked about Vrykul Paladins because of their history with Tyr, I just don't see Paladins within the Tideskorn (unless their holy power comes from Odyn himself or something).
    As usual, Futhark is on point with my thoughts on the matter. The Halls of Valour Vrykul do seem to have a fair few paladin-esque abilities and design ethics so i could see it.

One thing i have not seen anyone point out yet is that there area at least a few Vrykul Death Knights so its also potentially a rare chance to give them another race combination.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Kul'tirans are not going to be very well received tbh. If the Kul'tiran customizations were added to humans, I would have been all for it. Adding them as an allied race just seems boring to me. Vrykul would have been an excellent choice instead.
    Oh I definitely agree. Very lackluster tbh... Vrykuls would have been a better choice.

Blizzard is using Vrykul concepts on kul tiras humans.
    For that reason it seems to me they wont be allied races, because kul tiras humans and vrykul would be redundant aesthetically. I wanted a vrykyl warrior at first, but now im comvinced that ill be playing a kul tiras human instead.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Well I wanted Vrykul since WotLK. But instead of Tideskorn I would suggest making Drust are Vykul tribe who migrated to Kul Tiras. Make them dabbing into death drudic magic to prevent Curse of Flesh and Alliance players to free them from Shadowlands plane. It will more closely tie them to BFA storylines. And also will fit narrative and counter Zandalari as to recruit old and ancient race.

Classes - Warrior / Death Knight (lore wise they will be different from LK Death Knights) / Hunter / Shaman / Druid (new wicked forms) / Mage / Warlock.

Racial:

Shadow Run - Drust switchs into Shadowlands realm completely ignoring all physical damage. Immune do all kind of CC. Magic damage to you deals additional damage.

Spirit Walker - Upon death your spirit in shadowlands respawn near your body.

Death Bargain - No equipment durability penalty if you choose to be resurrected by Spirit Healer.

Thou I would love to have Vrykuls as a allies race, them being Alliance only is a stretch. Regardless of Sylvanas' action, some Vrykul would see this as a great strategy. And there are still many Vrykuls that still hate humans that they would never ally themselves with the Alliance. And you forgot about King Ymiron who's still the King of the Northrend Vrykul and ruler of the Dragonflayer clan, which they are still slumbering in their tombs, waiting to be woken (hopefully by the Horde). That why I think they might be a neutral allies race, but done right unlike the Pandas.

God-Queen Sigryn will ally the Stormheim Vrykul to the Alliance, while King Ymiron will ally the Northrend Vrykul to the Horde. And Stormheim Vrykuls can be Paladins while Northrend Vrykuls can be Death Knights.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Thou I would love to have Vrykuls as a allies race, them being Alliance only is a stretch. Regardless of Sylvanas' action, some Vrykul would see this as a great strategy. And there are still many Vrykuls that still hate humans that they would never ally themselves with the Alliance. And you forgot about King Ymiron who's still the King of the Northrend Vrykul and ruler of the Dragonflayer clan, which they are still slumbering in their tombs, waiting to be woken (hopefully by the Horde). That why I think they might be a neutral allies race, but done right unlike the Pandas.

God-Queen Sigryn will ally the Stormheim Vrykul to the Alliance, while King Ymiron will ally the Northrend Vrykul to the Horde. And Stormheim Vrykuls can be Paladins while Northrend Vrykuls can be Death Knights.
    Just for note - Ymiron allied with Arthas who was you know... human.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    He's also currently
    1) Dead
    2) Spiritually enslaved by Odyn
    3) Blames the Alliance AND Horde equally for a pretty extensive list. I quote: "Mortals... Your wretched kind murdered MY people... destroyed MY kingdom! Now you, too, will know what it feels like to lose EVERYTHING"

The Northrend Vrykul are as they stand are a lost cause if Ymiron has any influence on them left and if he doesnt then they're probably congregating to their new God queen who is certainly not going to overlook how Sylvanas treated Eyir.

That would be just like Pandas. You wouldn't really be able to tell who is who, and they wouldn't be able to really do any unique lore. If you want to admit you really just want Vrykul to join the Horde go ahead. But that doesn't mean it would be good for the game or make sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    He's also currently
    1) Dead
    2) Spiritually enslaved by Odyn
    3) Blames the Alliance AND Horde equally for a pretty extensive list. I quote: "Mortals... Your wretched kind murdered MY people... destroyed MY kingdom! Now you, too, will know what it feels like to lose EVERYTHING"

The Northrend Vrykul are as they stand are a lost cause if Ymiron has any influence on them left and if he doesnt then they're probably congregating to their new God queen who is certainly not going to overlook how Sylvanas treated Eyir.
    Ymiron is in Maw of Souls, assumed to be enslaved by Helya. He isn't in Northrend, so that whole idea doesn't make sense.

After proving himself, the Lich King made Ymiron undead and had him led the Scourge-allied vrykul against the Horde and Alliance. As adventurers stormed the keep, the vrykul king made his last stand at Ymiron's Seat where he was killed.

Arthas was the Lich King before he took Ymiron, so he was undead not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Ymiron is in Maw of Souls, assumed to be enslaved by Helya. He isn't in Northrend, so that whole idea doesn't make sense.
    He's a Warrior class champion against his will canonically after this. So he actually moves from enslavement to enslavement. Dude isn't having a good time in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

Watch them give Vrykul to the Horde; with all-new druid forms! Alliance will just get, I don't know, frost gnomes or terrier worgen.
    They'll get Moon Elves.

That would be just like Pandas. You wouldn't really be able to tell who is who, and they wouldn't be able to really do any unique lore. If you want to admit you really just want Vrykul to join the Horde go ahead. But that doesn't mean it would be good for the game or make sense.
    I would personally, as a Hordie, see them side with the Alliance. It would give them an offensive foil willing to strike first for glory of battle against the mongrel monsters, in contrast to the relatively responsive Alliance that it is now.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2018-03-13 at 04:49 PM.

After proving himself, the Lich King made Ymiron undead and had him led the Scourge-allied vrykul against the Horde and Alliance. As adventurers stormed the keep, the vrykul king made his last stand at Ymiron's Seat where he was killed.

Arthas was the Lich King before he took Ymiron, so he was undead not human.
    He isn't in Northrend anymore.

Started a petition to Blizzard to make vrykul playable. I highly doubt it will amount to much, but we should at least show Blizzard that we really want them.

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-en...rykul-playable
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-13 at 05:31 PM.

Though Ymiron was a fierce warrior, Odyn was angered that Ymiron had sold out his people to the Lich King and denied him entrance to the Halls of Valor. Ymiron's soul was instead sent to Helya's Maw of Souls.[3] Many years later, Odyn's mortal champion led an assault on the Maw of Souls and struck Ymiron down. The warrior returned to the Halls of Valor and asked the keeper to allow Ymiron's soul into the Halls of Valor to aid them in battle against the Burning Legion. Though Odyn initially refused, he was swayed by the warrior's suggestion that there could be no better punishment for Ymiron than eternal servitude.

So Ymiron can return to Northrend to wake the sleeping Vrykuls there.

That would be just like Pandas. You wouldn't really be able to tell who is who, and they wouldn't be able to really do any unique lore. If you want to admit you really just want Vrykul to join the Horde go ahead. But that doesn't mean it would be good for the game or make sense
    Hmmm...their lore is already set up for something like this. One side would ally with humans because they're descendants from Vrykuls while the other side would ally with non-humans because of their half-giant lore. And these is allies races, most of them doesn't make sense to being with. Like Void elves and Vulperas, if they are playable!

And yes, I do want Vrykuls in the Horde. Why, because they would fit in better then the Alliance's civilize nature. It would be like vikings joining the British empire. That's why Alliance should only get Kul'Trian and the Horde should get the Vrykuls. But if a neutral Vrykul race can happen, then I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by The BrewCity Monk; 2018-03-13 at 05:14 PM.

Though Ymiron was a fierce warrior, Odyn was angered that Ymiron had sold out his people to the Lich King and denied him entrance to the Halls of Valor. Ymiron's soul was instead sent to Helya's Maw of Souls.[3] Many years later, Odyn's mortal champion led an assault on the Maw of Souls and struck Ymiron down. The warrior returned to the Halls of Valor and asked the keeper to allow Ymiron's soul into the Halls of Valor to aid them in battle against the Burning Legion. Though Odyn initially refused, he was swayed by the warrior's suggestion that there could be no better punishment for Ymiron than eternal servitude.

How? You missing the point Ymiron from now and until forever is going to be Odyn's lapdog.

he was swayed by the warrior's suggestion that there could be no better punishment for Ymiron than eternal servitude.

Hmmm...their lore is already set up for something like this. One side would ally with humans because they're descendants from Vrykuls while the other side would ally with non-humans because of their half-giant lore. And these is allies races, most of them doesn't make sense to being with. Like Void elves and Vulperas, if they are playable!

And yes, I do want Vrykuls in the Horde. Why, because they would fit in better then the Alliance's civilize nature. It would be like vikings joining the British empire. That's why Alliance should only get Kul'Trian and the Horde should get the Vrykuls. But if a neutral Vrykul race can happen, then I'm fine with that.
    No, its specifically says eternal servitude. He is essentially a slave.

You're basing your whole idea on something that can't happen and wouldn't even make sense. Neutral races didn't work out well.

And yes, I do want Vrykuls in the Horde. Why, because they would fit in better then the Alliance's civilize nature. It would be like vikings joining the British empire.
    I mean, you already have werewolves in the British empire.

How? You missing the point Ymiron from now and until forever is going to be Odyn's lapdog.
    I'm pretty sure Ymiron can find a way to return to Northrend. He won't be Oydn's lackey forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I mean, you already have werewolves in the British empire.
    Yeah, because werewolves are mostly British people. While vikings are not British nor civilize at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    ...You just took my metaphor and applied it literally.
    That's what I do! LOL

But seriously, I don't care if they become Alliance ally. That means I have a race to play on the Alliance that's not boring or cringy.