Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Funny you should mention that, the reference video I took after started off their encounter in boomkin form. (Balance affinity talent) I'm trying that as well while extending the range on thrash, but I lack the luffa legendary to make it work efficiently.
    I mean, yeah balance affinity+thrash, but tbqh Latc+FoN is the best combo for the encounter. I was moonkin mainspec so I had those legendaries, but yeah. Basically if you use moonfire as your main damage ability you never have to worry about getting hit by anything outside of when you need to interrupt. For P1 anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Thing about the tank challenges is it's not really a tank challenge at all, it's just a hard dps challenge. It has almost zero relevance to dungeon/raid tanking at all.
    Interrupting/threating several targets, using cd for annihilate, not standing in poop. Idk seems like dungeon tanking to me.

Op should of made a poll but yeah healing hands down. Jarrod is the worst tank ever and theirs been other healing challenges in the game before but like people have said the whole thing takes about 20-30 mins and if at any point somebody dies you fail and its right back at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Oh shit I never thought of that! I have those as well... I'm MS boomkin and have all the boomkin legendaries. But... I was lucky enough to get velen's trinket as one of my only healing legendaries as well as FoN cloak to go with my moonfire shoulders so I can memebear for fun. Just looking for the feral ring now and I can play all my specs :P
    **meant to say bear affinity as resto but I'm sure you knew what I meant.

Also, SotA is good for feral, if you have that.

From what I did, Prot Warrior was the hardest. Will try Prot Pally to compare on next Mage tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Interrupting/threating several targets, using cd for annihilate, not standing in poop. Idk seems like dungeon tanking to me.
    So you are saying Xylem is actually a tank challenge? It even follows the same outline: P1 is about mechanics, P2 is a DPS race.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    From what I did, Prot Warrior was the hardest. Will try Prot Pally to compare on next Mage tower.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying Xylem is actually a tank challenge? It even follows the same outline: P1 is about mechanics, P2 is a DPS race.
    If you want to be silly about it, sure.
    The healing challenge has you dpsing/interrupting/not standing in poop too. Gee, it's almost like those are core mechanics of the game.

But on the tank challenge you have to actually keep threat because the mobs gank velen, you have to use defensive cooldowns to react to mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...in my humble opinion.... Protection Paladin. I got Kruul on every other tank, but I just can't seem to DPS things down fast enough before I end up with like 3 Infernals and everything goes to shit. I think I'm just doing something wrong because I'm like 20 ilevels higher than when I did it on my DK, DH and Druid.

So even if you haven't tried them all, what is the hardest one so far for you?

What?

- - - Updated - - -

Also the hardest challenge I did was my outlaw rogue, Im a shit outlaw rogue (7/10 Mythic NH Assassination, what up!) 910 ilvl, all the BiS leggos (only ones left were gloves and cloak for outlaw). Went with Class Ring and Belt. After 70+ attempts, I finally did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin was the most difficult for many people when we only had access to ToS gear. Now they're all easy as fuck. They probably should have set the ilvl scaling higher to account for the netherlight crucible.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Dunno; only completed 2 of them... i'm just too lazy.

Overall prot paladin does seem harder than ret paladin was.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegerts View Post
    What?
    What is that supposed to prove?
    You having it equipped at ilvl 908 only proves it was doable back in the day with that gear. It says nothing about the difficulty and attempts you went trough...

I personally did it in about 5 attempts... but that's at ilvl 965, so it really doesn't count.

The tank scenario is much harder than the others imo. Only managed to get it on my DH so far.

To be fair I'm a pretty mediocre tank. It's the role I do the least.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I was kinda struggling with MW one, especially with last phase. That was hardest for me

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    I was kinda struggling with MW one, especially with last phase. That was hardest for me
    secret is to blow basically all your mana on the ghosts, tbh

Hmm. I don't think I've sunk more than 20 attempts into any specs yet, and I'm 34/36 appearances done (missing Holy and Prot Pal which I've heard are quite rough - we'll see when I get some relics).

So far the ones that gave me the most trouble were Havoc and Frost Mage, but once I got more familiar with the specs and my approach to the challenge they went down soon after.

Most challenges I completed around 900-915 ilvl since I wasn't bothered gearing alts further, the lowest I did was Fire at 890, 1 legendary and no NLC traits (rofl agatha).

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I just started working on prot warrior and I can already tell this is going to be a nightmare compared to Blood.
    A small tip just on twisted reflections at Kruul dont interapt,spell reflect it and the boss will heal YOU with every hit !

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Highlord Kruul is absolutely the hardest I've tried. I finally beat it on my Guardian Druid on try number 43. Then I beat Agatha as a Feral Druid in literally 3 attempts; such a pushover after doing Kruul.
    Feral really doesn't work as a challenge anymore, because it was tuned pre-7.3 rework, meaning it was tuned around giving up singletarget for AoE, rather than getting BrS essentially for free. Overgearing/more traits/NLC only add to that, but even at appropriate gear level the Feral challenge is a complete joke now.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Generally the tank one is the hardest imho, it has barely anything to do with tanking and is more a dps AND foot race across that damn rock. Of the DPS challenges I did so far he frost DK one was the most annoying to me, because the fight is clearly made for classes with mobility (DH, warrior) and as a DK you have everything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    The tank scenario is much harder than the others imo. Only managed to get it on my DH so far.

To be fair I'm a pretty mediocre tank. It's the role I do the least.
    It's completely free on half the tank specs at this point, because there is no DPS check in current gear(and if you don't have 940+ at this point, that's your problem) and because Vengeance/Guardian/Prot Warrior can all negate the knockback even if you do fuck up.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

When the mage tower challenges were originally released the class/spec with the lowest clear % was outlaw rogue. Not sure about now, but that's some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindMask View Post
    When the mage tower challenges were originally released the class/spec with the lowest clear % was outlaw rogue. Not sure about now, but that's some food for thought.
    Pretty sure that's wrong, considering only 1 person(iirc) was able to do the prot paladin one pre-nerf.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Isn't the healing one default the hardest? Since it has absolutely nothing to do with healing but CC and damage?
    No, that one is the easiest one of them all. It just takes time to do.

Imp Mother is by far the easiest challenge.