Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, but its state senate so he can only screw up Tennessee.
    Didn't Country Music already do that? :-D
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Sorry you aren't progressive in my opinion and sure as hell not as progressive as it gets. No we do not need Pro Gun, or Pro Life advocates and I am both, along with being a Christian.

I do NOT want someone running for office biased by their personal demons or convictions, I am alright with people being human, I am less ok with a person deciding for everyone what they personally decided for themselves. That isn't how government should work.

Howard Dean was a great leader of the DNC, but his 50 State Strategy also brought us the Blue Dogs that obstructed Obama as much as Republicans did. It's a big reason why when Democrats like Obama actually governed and was DOING something you has Democrats who had the house, going against him.
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. But the Dems having a majority where progressives have some (if not complete) say is better than having a minority where progressives have absolutely no say, as it is right now. Although ideally it would be like Macaquerie said where the Dems could nominate people who can appeal to moderate/conservative voters in the election, but vote mostly along progressive lines when it comes to actually getting stuff done.

Which states specifically, Not disagreeing, but which states where are you getting this from. Because as far as I know Trump hasn't lost anything in fact, I would say he has even picked up in the last couple of months.

Make no mistake I would love nothing better than to see this fat cheeto nazi sweat. I just like to see Democrats being smart instead of over confident.
    So far the only seat they've failed to retain is Alabama's Senate seat. However Trump has not picked up any seats either.

https://ballotpedia.org/Special_elec...ss_(2017-2018)

What's really the point of interest is the margin by which they're winning, and Republican margins seem to be shrinking markedly. It's not so much the seats that are important (not in the House anyway, Senate seats are considerably more valuable since there's only 100 of them and only 1/3 are up for re-election this year) but rather what they indicate about 2018 and 2020.

However I should point out that that link just looks at Congressional wins, ie the federal Senate and House, I think there's been more state, local and gubernatorial elections (where the Democrats might be picking up seats) and that may be what Hobb was referring to. In that case, again it's more about the trend rather than the seats themselves. Although state level politics are also important because of gerrymandering the districts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    A lot of elections are like that. Take the 2016 election compared to the 2012 and 2008 ones. In 2016 the democrat voter turn out was low compared to the other two, Hilary just didn't energize them to get out and vote. So basically they slept in and let the republicans win. Granted also Trump had on top of that 57% approval from the independent voters of which has since dropped to 32%.
    Yeah, and I don't really see that as a win, as much as I see that as gaming, and it's WHY government as a whole sucks. It's not the parties it's the people ALL the people that do that.

I can hate someone for who they choose to be, a little less if that is who they truly feel they are, however convictions are important. Politicians should have them but set them aside, but voters convictions, values beliefs should be what it's all about.

How do you want this country run, really run, enough with I don't really care and can't be bothered bullshit, or rolling the dice. I wouldn't vote for Trump if her personally came to my fucking house, and offered me a billion dollars and a victoria secret model every day for the rest of my life.

I wouldn't vote for Trump even if he swapped and became a Democrat WHY? Because he is a fucking moron more importantly than anything, he is also not fucking qualified, he is a loud mouth con man and game show host that's it!

i am not pissed at him because Hillary lost, I am pissd because we live in a country that this mother fucker could ever get elected, on top of all the other issues like him being a racist, sexist, homophobic white supremacist.

That's my opinion and my convictions are based on evidence and facts. Not because I simply dislike is hair cut or someone famous I like thinks he is icky!

People in the rust belt blaming Hillary for not voting in their best interest, I am sorry, but I am not interested in tricking these people into voting for a Democrat. People need to vote Democrat because they need to do some fucking soul searching and reality check. Trump doesn't care about them, and the Republicans that support him now neither do they.

That is why Republicans should be getting their asses kicked, anything else, like say taking on maybe a few more people that can pretend to be moderate on issues isn't a win in my book. It will backfire, just like it will for the GOP. Only another entire generation will be lost before the next one shows up fooled by the same BS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. But the Dems having a majority where progressives have some (if not complete) say is better than having a minority where progressives have absolutely no say, as it is right now. Although ideally it would be like Macaquerie said where the Dems could nominate people who can appeal to moderate/conservative voters in the election, but vote mostly along progressive lines when it comes to actually getting stuff done.
    Yeah, and that will backfire, because when they do that, and those who voted for them feel lied to, guess what the GOP are going to claim. Enough with the BS politics as usual that shit needs to stop.

Win because we won people over really, stop selling them shit they don't really want, otherwise they are simply going to be bitter and pissed off. and vote the other way or not at all next time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah, and that will backfire, because when they do that, and those who voted for them feel lied to, guess what the GOP are going to claim. Enough with the BS politics as usual that shit needs to stop.

Win because we won people over really, stop selling them shit they don't really want, otherwise they are simply going to be bitter and pissed off. and vote the other way or not at all next time.
    Well, that's a lot easier said than done. It's not going to happen overnight, it's going to be done in small steps. And hopefully instead of people being bitter because the guy they voted for didn't do exactly what they want, they'll think to themselves, "Well he/she didn't do what he/she said he was going to do, but it actually turned out better this way".

I know, it's a pipe dream. I'm probably the wrong person to be talking to about this because I do think the country is doomed. When you have about 40% of the population that hates the other side so much, they're willing to screw themselves over just to screw the other side over too, it's not sustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can tell this Lamb dude is pro-life for personal moral reasons but is pro choice in his politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So far the only seat they've failed to retain is Alabama's Senate seat. However Trump has not picked up any seats either.

https://ballotpedia.org/Special_elec...ss_(2017-2018)

What's really the point of interest is the margin by which they're winning, and Republican margins seem to be shrinking markedly. It's not so much the seats that are important (not in the House anyway, Senate seats are considerably more valuable since there's only 100 of them and only 1/3 are up for re-election this year) but rather what they indicate about 2018 and 2020.

However I should point out that that link just looks at Congressional wins, ie the federal Senate and House, I think there's been more state, local and gubernatorial elections (where the Democrats might be picking up seats) and that may be what Hobb was referring to. In that case, again it's more about the trend rather than the seats themselves. Although state level politics are also important because of gerrymandering the districts...
    Yeah checking out the link, seeing Frankens name there just pisses me off, he shouldn't have had to step down. But yeah, I personally don't think 2018 is going to be a win for Democrats in any send of the word, but I do think bringing the house closer to a more even split could be helpful. I hope, HOPE I am WRONG!

But I am of the mind that unless or until civil unrest happens or a nuke hits one of the states, people aren't going to take Trump being completely unqualified seriously enough. Maybe when it becomes as clear as a brick to the face Trump has no business in the white house, I don't think 2018 will hold much upset for the GOP.

2020 I am not so sure, but I think Trump could get re-elected, but lose both the house and and Senate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Well, that's a lot easier said than done. It's not going to happen overnight, it's going to be done in small steps. And hopefully instead of people being bitter because the guy they voted for didn't do exactly what they want, they'll think to themselves, "Well he/she didn't do what he/she said he was going to do, but it actually turned out better this way".

I know, it's a pipe dream. I'm probably the wrong person to be talking to about this because I do think the country is doomed. When you have about 40% of the population that hates the other side so much, they're willing to screw themselves over just to screw the other side over too, it's not sustainable.
    Yeah no more baby steps Soul that is what got us into this mess. Enough, if we live in a age where people don't want to be PC ok fine, Stupid people need to be called out hard then, this age of where everyone agrees to disagree NEEDS to END.

We can't all be right, and if it requires some arguments to come to a head then so be it, because some attitudes some beliefs need to fucking DIE already!

And we need to it to be real clear why they died, instead of every 20 years someone stupid trying to bring old bad ideas back in some kind of cult fashion like these conspiracy nuts do now.

Left or right, that needs to change, as for people sick and tired and willing to burn the other end, yeah, I am already there, I no longer want to be patient or reasonable with greedy, narcissistic racist, sexist, morons. Sorry, this shit isn't funny anymore, the fact we have people willfully ignorant of Science man, Science!

I am a Christian and PROUD of it, I support the I hate abortions even if I wouldn't vote to make it illegal, I am totally in support of the 2nd Amendment, and I believe capitalism is the best thing going, but even IT needs to have limits. No amount of money should be allowed to anyone at the expense of ALL of our futures, including the unborn.

I vote Democrat not because it's the lesser of two evils, I vote Democrat because it's the ONLY option, because Republicans just don't seem to get it, some Democrats don't either, but I do believe that Democrats are our core values is a party that is about everyone having a seat at the table, and about putting our best forward, not our worst.

Every person I know even some who are Republicans aren't too far from that either, however the biggest problem I hear or used to is that Both parties are the same, meaning willing to tell people things sometimes they don't want to hear.

And as much as I hate Trump, Bill Maher was right, about Trump and Bernie, both were willing to tell people things they didn't want to hear or like. Trump won over enough to do just that, and that is why he is in the White House.

It's also why he won't be taken out. Until someone on the left starts standing up for the Democrat principles and beliefs, the values we champion whether we like it's liked or not.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    As far as I can tell this Lamb dude is pro-life for personal moral reasons but is pro choice in his politics.
    He is, which is the same as about every democrat. People are just spreading bullshit to defend Trump... here is reality:

Meet Conor Lamb: The Handpicked Choice For The Democrat Flock
    https://www.gop.com/meet-conor-lamb-...rat-flock-rsr/

Trump: Don't Fall for Democrat Lamb's Moderate Talk
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-us-trump.html

This is what GOP and Trump said about Lamb before the election. Seeing people claim he was like GOP, is reactionary to the loss and wanting some ideological hope in it. If he is so moderate... why was Trump and GOP lying to us?

This seems to be the theme in Trump age... before 2016 election... Trump is one of the two worst candidates ever! Day after... Trump is the best and only hope for my ideology!... This pro-choice is the same turd sandwitch... Lamb is hand picked by Poloci and is a liar! Day after... he is a moderate, who supports GOP on some issues.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-14 at 01:42 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

That's how I am that's how a lot of people are I feel, peopel aren't exactly for ending pregnancies i mean maybe some are...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The Democrat was a openly professed atheist.
    If that's the case why even run? Athiests are hated even more than Democrats in bible belt. The moment that word leaves his mouth, it doesn't matter what his policies are, he's evil and will never be elected.

It's more that being pro-choice is the significantly lesser of both evils.

Like yeah, frivolous abortions are bad, but the vulnerable not being able to abort to save themselves and the unborn child of misery is much worse.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is literally how any politicians should be.

Can you believe this, not letting your personal beliefs influence policy making?? HOW REVOLUTIONARY

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of elections are like that. Take the 2016 election compared to the 2012 and 2008 ones. In 2016 the democrat voter turn out was low compared to the other two, Hilary just didn't energize them to get out and vote. So basically they slept in and let the republicans win. Granted also Trump had on top of that 57% approval from the independent voters of which has since dropped to 32%.
    Don't forget gerrymandering too. Quite a few states are HEAVILY gerrymandered in favor of republicans. PA is a great example of this. The lines were drawn specifically for the purpose of making it much more difficult for black people to vote. Court rulings have happened and the gerrymandering is being undone as we speak.

And you can't understate how amazing it is that a democrat won, WHILE THE GERRYMANDERING WAS STILL THERE. The republicans blatantly cheated, and STILL lost. People are waking up to the fact that the republican party is basically the nazi party now. Soon they'll only have their die-hard followers left.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also it was a republican replacing another republican, thus nothing gained.

It's all about which side is flipping seats over to their side. Which is something the republican have yet to do. So far they've only held onto or lost their seats while the democrats have been keeping and flipping them over to their side.
    Still does not do away with the fact the Democrats lost a chance to win a republican held seat there. Yes, I am well aware of the Democrat momentum. And have mentioned it several times on this forum.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    My hope is that optimism on the side of Democrats or the anti-Trump faction means I can talk policy and politics again without being called an alt-right animal torturer who wishes school shootings would produce higher death counts.

Anyway, way off topic. More power to you guys if Lamb wins. This is a democracy, and if he wins, that's what the people decided.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd actually love a truly moderate president for a cycle or two, just to let us all heal.
    Oh, so you're exaggerating your supposed victimization because there is no actual victimization. You just tend to associate yourself with negative things. Got it.

If by power to "you guys" you mean people of any political stripe who don't like the absolute incompetence, drama, and stupidity of what it means to be Trump, then thanks, I guess.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    As it should be, I find it a slippery slope in my personal life deciding between pro-life/pro-choice, but on a legality standpoint? Pro-choice is an easy decision. Politics should not be about person convictions, but based on governance and equality.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    If that's the case why even run? Athiests are hated even more than Democrats in bible belt. The moment that word leaves his mouth, it doesn't matter what his policies are, he's evil and will never be elected.
    Good point. But it also illustrates why Lamb won. You need to put forth a candidate who has a good chance to win. In Tenn, it was dumb to run a Democrat candidate ( maybe any candidate ) who openly professes to be a atheist. Just as it would have been dumb to have a Pelosi radicalism candidate to run in that part of Penn.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good point. But it also illustrates why Lamb won. You need to put forth a candidate who has a good chance to win. In Tenn, it was dumb to run a Democrat candidate ( maybe any candidate ) who openly professes to be a atheist. Just as it would have been dumb to have a Pelosi radicalism candidate to run in that part of Penn.
    I linked both GOP and Trump calling Lamb a Pelosi radical... why were they lying?

Edit: The links:
    Meet Conor Lamb: The Handpicked Choice For The Democrat Flock
    https://www.gop.com/meet-conor-lamb-...rat-flock-rsr/

Trump: Don't Fall for Democrat Lamb's Moderate Talk
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-us-trump.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I linked both GOP and Trump calling Lamb a Pelosi radical... why were they lying?
    They were lying, because they were producing words. It's what they do.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    They were lying, because they were producing words. It's what they do.
    Yeah, I know you’d say that. But, you are not the one who will vote for them regardless and is trying to misrepresent what happened.