Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope Elon Musk hurries up and gets a few of us to Mars. Maybe we'll do better next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I think you do us a service, you quite brilliantly prove why the left keeps losing elections.
    You should move to America you'd fit in with your Left v Right BS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Considering Lauren Southern isn't a far right activist and tries to equally interview people on their opinions whilst having a conversation with them and regularly gets attacked and attempted censor of filming in public places by people who claim to fight and protest for equality, free speech and anti-fascism then I'd say the UK is definitely in a sad state of affairs.
    She probably shouldn't hang around with far-right criminals and thugs then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They aren't "facts". It's bullshit you've made up to make yourself feel better about the hate you're expressing. I'm not interested in playing hateful games to try and determine exactly where the line is; you're making stuff up that is inflammatory and is not true, and that's all that needs to be said.
    There we have it folks. All the minority mistreatment, women being stoned to death, gays being murdered in islam majority countries are all bullshit and made up by me because Endus says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Isn't Brittany Pettibone's boyfriend a leader of Generation Identity and National Action? The latter being a now banned neo-nazi organization considered to be a terrorist group by the UK government.

I mean the UK has also banned Louis Farrakhan, Robert Mugabe and plenty of people from other countries with different, radical political beliefs.
    Deriving power from a monarch leaves much more space for arguably arbitrary acts. Nifty.

Considering Lauren Southern isn't a far right activist and tries to equally interview people on their opinions whilst having a conversation with them and regularly gets attacked and attempted censor of filming in public places by people who claim to fight and protest for equality, free speech and anti-fascism then I'd say the UK is definitely in a sad state of affairs.
    She was on a boat that was trying to block a rescue vessel that, you know, tends to save people from drowning. Now, if you do not consider refugees people, then it might be hard to see it as 'far-right' but even leaving your feelings about immigrants aside for a moment - people who participate in politically and ideologically loaded acts (which she did) are usually considered activists. But don't let your ignorance to stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I do not agree that racism, xenophobia, sexism and other similar ideas should be tolerated for the greater good of free speech.
    Then you do not support the idea of free speech. Racism, xenophobia and sexism are vague term that (these days certainly) are used to dismiss arguments. A racist argument may be a bad one, but it should still be addressed. Once again, you won't stop these ideas from spreading by trying to ban them.

Simple as. If you enable people to use sensational claims they will just find scapegoats for their issues (e.g. 'immigrants taking all our jobs') that other people who are prone to simplistic solutions will hop on the board with (and that will attract even more attention). A large number of people are not interested in finding faults in their own doings and when there's someone who makes truthful looking claims that blames some group of 'others', then well, you get plenty of examples from the past how wrong things have gone.
    Yes, people tend not to think a lot about what they believe and why. But I think you over overstating the effect of bad ideas. These right wing populist aren't nazis in disguise and the people aren't sheep that will morally collapse the moment some idealogue comes around. You really give people too little credit, certainly those of Britain, a culture steeped in anti-authoritarianism. We have laws against inciting violence, laws against discriminiation. Talking about it doesn't hurt anyone, doing it does and you already can't. Also refer to my point about the good ideas being weak.

The (actual) nazis didn't get so much support just because Hitler was great at giving speeches. A generation of lost souls, damaged by the previous war. Resentment of the enemy and national embarrassment. A crumbling economy. Same for Italy. It takes a lot to get to that point and we are nowhere near it. You wanna know where the real nazis are now? They are a few thousand only loud on the internet. Their ideas are ridiculed by the public and their strongest weapons are spicy memes. They are a non-issue, and anti-immigration sentiment won't give them any real power.

Besides I can't help but wonder, if you are so concerned with the country decending into facism because the people are so easily manipulated, WHY would you be in favour of giving the government the ability to censor the speech it doesn't like? I feel like your slippery slope is a lot less slippery than mine.

Being passive about controversial beliefs is effectively enabling them.
    What is controversial, who gets to decide? What will you say when they claim this of you? Will you agree that your rights are forfeit and shut up? Don't think so.
    Last edited by Cradyz; 2018-03-14 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The amount of obtuseness that occurs on here is akin to trying to have an intelligent conversation with a toddler buzzing on blue Smarties
    Yes, because everyone who doesn't agree with you is a mouth-breather. Got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Yes, because everyone who doesn't agree with you is a mouth-breather. Got it.
    They are when they're intentionally obtuse just to argue like many in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Islam isn't a "culture". It's a religion that crosses a wide swatch of distinct cultural groups, many of which don't remotely reflect the prejudice you're expressing here.
    Of course, it does not help that many of those cultural motives, like honour killings among the Pashtu and female genital mutilation in Africa, are now practiced and defended in the name of Islam.

I'm going to assume that they are now wishing that all that rhetoric about open borders was actually true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    She probably shouldn't hang around with far-right criminals and thugs then
    So does that count the people at women's marches, Antifa protests and other protests she's done interviews with or is this double standard time and she can only be a terrible person because she tries to report and discuss opinions on all sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    She was on a boat that was trying to block a rescue vessel that, you know, tends to save people from drowning. Now, if you do not consider refugees people, then it might be hard to see it as 'far-right' but even leaving your feelings about immigrants aside for a moment - people who participate in politically and ideologically loaded acts (which she did) are usually considered activists. But don't let your ignorance to stop you.
    I'll grant you she's an activist but trying to stop a returning vessel helping illegal immigrants (being ferried via human trafficking) to arrive at their destination as opposed to returning to them point of origin is nowhere near far right. I'm hardly being ignorant if I think people standing up against basic disregard for border policies are not in the wrong especially when said illegal immigrants are not returned and are dumped into an already troubled refugee program.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    So does that count the people at women's marches, Antifa protests and other protests she's done interviews with or is this double standard time and she can only be a terrible person because she tries to report and discuss opinions on all sides?
    No but been caught with far-right propaganda doesn't help

So under a centre-right conservative government the British authorities denied some bigots entry to the UK, but according to these mmoc-clowns it's all because of "leftist propaganda", "SJWs", and "communist dictatorship". Goons are losing the plot.

Tolerance is dead, long reign intolerance for of all who disagree.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    So under a centre-right conservative government the British authorities denied some bigots entry to the UK, but according to these mmoc-clowns it's all because of "leftist propaganda", "SJWs", and "communist dictatorship". Goons are losing the plot.
    to be fair you are being nice calling them centre right this is the furtherst right government the UK has had since Thatcher. But the sentiment is right, there are some fucking donuts on this board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    There we have it folks. All the minority mistreatment, women being stoned to death, gays being murdered in islam majority countries are all bullshit and made up by me because Endus says so.
    No, those things do happen. Similar things happen in non-Muslim countries, too. And the big difference is that, unlike you, I don't blame literally all Muslims for those things, I blame the individuals who did those things for doing them.

Would you be okay with all men being incarcerated because we're so rapey as a gender? No? That's why your argument makes no sense. Because that's the same kind of prejudice you're demonstrating, here.

And calling out that prejudice doesn't mean you're claiming rapes don't happen. It means the people who should be blamed for the rapes are the rapists, and not "all men".

This thread is hilarious as fuck, please keep going.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that these people have a following, it's safe to assume that these people have support and there are people who agree with them. It frustrates me that people are getting their platforms removed because of their political and social leanings. Trying to silence these people just leads to more frustration and heavier push back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering that these people have a following, it's safe to assume that these people have support and there are people who agree with them. It frustrates me that people are getting their platforms removed because of their political and social leanings. Trying to silence these people just leads to more frustration and heavier push back.
    That's just what the left does, man. "Agree with me or stfu, no I don't want to talk about it I only want you to be 100% supportive of everything I believe in, no not neutral, you HAVE TO BE ON MY SIDE OR ELSE I HATE YOOOOUUUUUUUU!"

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    That's just what the left does, man. "Agree with me or stfu, no I don't want to talk about it I only want you to be 100% supportive of everything I believe in, no not neutral, you HAVE TO BE ON MY SIDE OR ELSE I HATE YOOOOUUUUUUUU!"
    You want to disagree about social safety nets or funding libraries and we'll talk.

You want to disagree about people's basic rights to exist and you stand to have troubles.