Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For the most part it's been pretty consistent with item level.

I've completed:

Mage (all)
    Rogue (all)
    Priest (all)
    Druid (all)
    Shaman (all)
    WW/BrM monk
    Ret pala

I've completed 19 out of the 36 challenges and by a massive, massive margin the hardest was the first I did it on; frost mage

Done at 894 Ilvl with a lack of traits in my weapon (not having instant blizzard made it way harder) and lack-luster legendaries, I just did not have the damage to deal with the mechanics - Didn't realize you could move your pet onto the void zones at the time either. Took me over 100 tries, nothing past that has took me more than 20 and have not attempted a challenge with higher than 920 ilvl (cbf gearing alts, just want the mog in case I main them in the future).

Out of the list above the hardest were probably the healing ones, it just drains you mentally having to start it over when it's that long. Easiest has definitely been any Tugar fight and the ret/assassin/enhance Sigryn challenges. Ironically, I struggled a lot more on my mage (which was my main, and had more gear) with Sigryn than I did on any of my undergeared melee alts. I feel like the tank challenge is nowhere as bad as people make it out to be, I've not done the dreaded prot war/pala ones yet but having done Guardian and BrM fairly painlessly with 1 random legendary each and < 910 ilvl, I feel like i'll not struggle too much.

As a side note for those wanting to do the affli challenge, you don't need to have the ring or cheese it. I recently watched my friend do it without either simply by making good use of self healing and burning rush; You don't need to cheese it, pretty sure there's a few videos online. Just thought i'd throw that out there as I've seen it mentioned here a few times that it's impossible otherwise.

Can't wait to get the rest of the challenges done, be cool if there was a feat of strength for it, just need to get a little bit more gear on my alts (half of them sat at like 870, gearing up a new alt kills me).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2018-03-14 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Depends on the legendary you have.

Did you have the healing pants, or prydaz? Then yes.

If not? Have fun.

Otherwise, Windwalker monks have the same exact challenge, with a FAR better kit for it. Definitely easier than BM.
    I didn't have either of those. I can see why they would trivialize it, but they weren't necessary at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw hurts...I want my rapier. T_T
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yep. Tugar is very close to impossible without a healing legendary, to the point of "lol dont bother if you cant execute this perfectly for 5 mins"

You can do it with *any* self healing legendary, though. Helmet/prydaz/roots.
    I did it at a 915 ilvl with the Aspect bracers and the survival ring. Healing legendaries? Maybe just don't get hit by things.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I've managed to finish all of them. Shadow Priest was a nightmare because you had to line up all the mobs in the final phase just right to generate enough insanity to not fall out of your final void form while Surrender to Madness was up. 150 or so tries on that one.

Outside of that one, the healing one was probably the most frustrating to deal with. Just because it is a long fight to begin with, learning the fight for each spec was daunting, and some specs *cough* holy priest *cough* just didn't have the outright throughput like other specs had to deal with the healing adds phase.

And here I thought it was just me that was having issues on the healing challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...in my humble opinion.... Protection Paladin. I got Kruul on every other tank, but I just can't seem to DPS things down fast enough before I end up with like 3 Infernals and everything goes to shit. I think I'm just doing something wrong because I'm like 20 ilevels higher than when I did it on my DK, DH and Druid.

So even if you haven't tried them all, what is the hardest one so far for you?
    2 tips, as I just got this one done last night:
    1. Never stop moving once things start spawning. If you're constantly strafing and jumping around it's much easier to avoid getting knocked off by infernals
    2. Use DPS trinkets. On the pull, pop everything dmg wise you can(except drums, don't use them yet). Putting on DPS trinkets made the difference for me. It allowed me to get through p1 with only 2 infernals up. CD's lined up so I could pop my dps cd's about 20 seconds into p2 and it ended beautifully. As in, I died with the boss @ 0.5% hp, and Kor finished him off before he could kill Velen(who ended up with 150k hp left).
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    2 tips, as I just got this one done last night:
    1. Never stop moving once things start spawning. If you're constantly strafing and jumping around it's much easier to avoid getting knocked off by infernals
    2. Use DPS trinkets. On the pull, pop everything dmg wise you can(except drums, don't use them yet). Putting on DPS trinkets made the difference for me. It allowed me to get through p1 with only 2 infernals up. CD's lined up so I could pop my dps cd's about 20 seconds into p2 and it ended beautifully. As in, I died with the boss @ 0.5% hp, and Kor finished him off before he could kill Velen(who ended up with 150k hp left).
    Thanks dude will definitely try those.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've done prot pali and prot warrior but can't do Havoc DH for some reason, lol. I get to shadow phase and die instantly unless I just stay in a bubble. People say to fel rush twice right away but he's always way too far away for that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Spiced Falcosaur Omelet, Light potion thingies, easy win. Basically gives you lust 100% of the fight and extra demon damage.

The tank one in general.

I've done 10 of these already, and without a doubt, Krull is a fucking nightmare of a fight, regardless of class (With the exception of DHs, that fight seems like it was made almost entirely for that spec).

I suffered horribly doing it as blood, and as prot warrior, still haven't been able to get past phase 1 on my BrM monk, and haven't even bothered to try on my paladin. As a tank DH though, I beat it in six attempts. Crazy OP spec.

The easiest boss has to be that highmountain tauren dude and the worm (So far killed him as BM hunter, and WW Monk). Really easy fight. Agatha was also super easy as Unholy.

But Krull is something else in terms of difficulty. By far the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life on wow.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I've only done Agatha, Twins, Tugar and attempting Xylem and i'm finding Xylem the most unforgiving. The mirror image phase when it starts randomly occurring is awful, even if I hop slowly from add to add half the time it knocks me back and in a split second i'm dead. The first time is fine since you have time to prepare. I'm sure i'll master it next time the tower is up but for now it is my nemesis.

Def the Outlaw one with select tank specs close behind it. That being said I think the outlaw one is easier to outgear.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    What ilvl are you? I oneshot it at 918 iirc. are you using slice and dice instead of shit the bones?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It's quite hard to say because it depends a lot on how familiar with the spec, what legendary items you have and the gear of your character but for me out of the 25 specs i've done so far frost mage was probably the most difficult. Took me around 30 tries and frost is the spec i've been playing on that alt all xpac. Resto shaman also gave me some trouble but i'd never played the spec before trying the challenge. Was basically learning as I did the challenge (and was probably still doing it all wrong when I won).

The easiest by far was unholy DK. I only had 1 legendary (acherus drapes), had never played unholy, hadn't really researched how the spec worked and didn't use any consumables. I got it done on the 2nd try...

The only tank challenge i've tried so far is the druid 1 so maybe i'd have said 1 of the other tank challenges if i'd tried them yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Spiced Falcosaur Omelet, Light potion thingies, easy win. Basically gives you lust 100% of the fight and extra demon damage.
    Do the Lightblood elixirs work inside Artifact scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Do the Lightblood elixirs work inside Artifact scenarios?
    JUST in the impossible foe one

I reckon the hardest challenge is bothering to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What ilvl are you? I oneshot it at 918 iirc. are you using slice and dice instead of shit the bones?
    Yea, she's an alt at like 890. I know it's a gear issue. Some minor coordination issues on my part too.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I did it at a 915 ilvl with the Aspect bracers and the survival ring. Healing legendaries? Maybe just don't get hit by things.
    The worm does unavoidable aoe but sure

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The worm does unavoidable aoe but sure
    "unavoidable" - you have turtle, self healing from exhilaration and the small heal from that one ability I forget the name of... and crucially, if you stun/incapacitate the wurm it doesn't cast.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation