Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I were American I'd pick Trump over Clinton any day of the week. Clinton reeks of utter insanity, especially considering her opinions on Russia, Syria, Egypt and Lybia.

Trump`s foreign policy appears moderate, and overall despite some funny moments likely attributed to his temperamental nature, his presidential decisions so far seemed pretty reasonable.

Again, this is coming from a non American. Looks like the democrats shot themselves in the foot with Clinton from here.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If I were American I'd pick Trump over Clinton any day of the week. Clinton reeks of utter insanity, especially considering her opinions on Russia, Syria, Egypt and Lybia.

Trump`s foreign policy appears moderate, and overall despite some funny moments likely attributed to his temperamental nature, his presidential decisions so far seemed pretty reasonable.

Again, this is coming from a non American. Looks like the democrats shot themselves in the foot with Clinton from here.
    Starting a random trade war with allies and appointing someone under investigation for human rights violations and evidence tampering are what you consider reasonable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Starting a random trade war with allies and appointing someone under investigation for human rights violations and evidence tampering are what you consider reasonable?
    A random trade war with allies is grossly exaggerated.

Appointing someone with a shadowy past under investigation still falls under the innocent until proven guilty narrative.

On the other hand you have Clinton cheering happily the fact they killed a leader of a country who was also incidentally the only stabilizing factor of a volatile region.

I'd rather have someone who makes questionable but not overly wrong decisions leading than a complete psychopath who has questionable funding herself.

A random trade war with allies is grossly exaggerated.

Appointing someone with a shadowy past under investigation still falls under the innocent until proven guilty narrative.

On the other hand you have Clinton cheering happily the fact they killed a leader of a country who was also incidentally the only stabilizing factor of a volatile region.

I'd rather have someone who makes questionable but not overly wrong decisions leading than a complete psychopath who has questionable funding herself.
    Trump seeks to put tariffs on the goods of allies, allies promise tariffs in retaliation. That is by all definitions I know a trade war.

Appointing someone for whom a warrant is requested to the head of the CIA is not reasonable. If she is innocent and cleared, then she should be hired. The US government should not have laxer standards than my local supermarket, let alone the police.

Frankly, I don't care what Clinton did or did not do. I am simply taking issue with declaring Trump's policies reasonable, just because you think that the other person would have been crazier. Especially when that reasonable person wants to murder children for the sins of their fathers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump seeks to put tariffs on the goods of allies, allies promise tariffs in retaliation. That is by all definitions I know a trade war.

Appointing someone for whom a warrant is requested to the head of the CIA is not reasonable. If she is innocent and cleared, then she should be hired. The US government should not have laxer standards than my local supermarket, let alone the police.

Frankly, I don't care what Clinton did or did not do. I am simply taking issue with declaring Trump's policies reasonable, just because you think that the other person would have been crazier. Especially when that reasonable person wants to murder children for the sins of their fathers.
    This post is an exaggeration.

Is it tho? lmao

I saw a news story on it. They interviewed a moderate woman in a coal mining town, some stereotype redneck dude, and a small business owner bimbo in Florida, I think. The mining town woman voted Trump just to preserve their community, thought he would change for the better, but has realized she's made a mistake and would not vote again. The redneck dude thought it was cool how Trump shits on other countries in public, and is all about God and guns, so there is no way he would vote democrat. The bimbo loves the tax breaks and worships Trump because he's a successful business man and would vote again. I don't think there are many that would change sides because of Trump, but there are some moderates that gave Trump the benefit of the doubt during the election, but has later changed their opinion. If the election was today, I think Trump would lose (and not just the popular vote).
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Agreed. And once again, I'll just link today's Times cartoon. It's arguably about the poisoned spy, but could well be about team Trump's shenanigans...

I have this odd craving to connect the dots now...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Did I represent things as better than they actually are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I represent things as better than they actually are?
    Making things appear more serious than they are is the definition of an exaggeration.

Making things appear more serious than they are is the definition of an exaggeration.
    So... it's not serious at all that Trump is doing the opposite of saving the steel/coal jobs, while inviting retaliation from the EU.
    Or putting people that break ratified conventions (possibly also a war crime) in agency leadership positions.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-03-15 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So... it's not serious at all that Trump is doing the opposite of saving the steel/coal jobs, while inviting retaliation from the EU.
    Or putting people that break ratified conventions (possibly also a war crime) in agency leadership positions.
    Let's see what happens exactly before jumping to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I think the pervading justification for that one was "the left tricked him" or some such nonsense.

Which I shouldn't be supprised but here I am.
    The line I keep seeing is "Well now the libruls should love Trump because they wanted to destroy video games in the first place!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's see what happens exactly before jumping to conclusions.
    Uh, couple of things.

Gina Haspel is his pick for C.I.A director. If she's not confirmed, that's not for a lack of Trump wanting her in the position.

With his proposed tariffs how is he not inviting retaliation. If the leaders of the countries this was impacting were like Trump, this would prompt a response. If a trade war doesn't happen, again it's not because Trump isn't essentially daring them.

Not sure what we are waiting to see, or which part of those are overblown. We already know how Trump actually feels on both those matters, because he's already acted and done his part. Now it's up to every one else to be the better man and the grownup in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Nope, nobody that voted for him regrets it, that is just a line some Liberals like to believe, me not being one of them. There might be some not willing to brag about it, but Trump is Rock Solid with his voters.
    I keep around some "conservatives" on my FB friend list/feed just so I can see what they are posting and sharing. It helps to not be in your own echo chamber and break the FB bubble that only shows you articles that you are aligned with.
    Bias is expect but sadly some of the arguments they are making are so weak and some articles they share are so factually incorrect that I barely hold myself from starting a pointless argument in the comment section or unfriending them.

exaggeration
    NOUN
    1A statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is.

I think you and I define words very differently. Mine is based upon the dictionary, since this is my second language.
    Mind you, I am not throwing around definitions because I want to be a smart butt, I am only bringing this up because you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just complained about Hillary being a Warhawk, while Trump campaigned on “bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon”... while boasting about his red button to Rocketman, as president. Your whole starting post is based on extreme exaggeration. How many international conflicts does Trump have to create, before your unfounded assumption about Hillary fade? Why don’t you tell us about how her no fly zone was going to start WW3, but then explain how Russia doing exactly that a few months later, was a great success.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-15 at 02:05 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I keep around some "conservatives" on my FB friend list/feed just so I can see what they are posting and sharing. It helps to not be in your own echo chamber and break the FB bubble that only shows you articles that you are aligned with.
    Bias is expect but sadly some of the arguments they are making are so weak and some articles they share are so factually incorrect that I barely hold myself from starting a pointless argument in the comment section or unfriending them.
    Yeah I hear what you’re saying and I do keep pretty up to date. I’ll argue with anyone who can be honest. I’ve yet to meet an honest Alt righter.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    You complained about people exaggerating, but your reason for picking Trump, is that Hillary reeks of utter insanity. Have you seen Trump’s twitter?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yeah I hear what you’re saying and I do keep pretty up to date. I’ll argue with anyone who can be honest. I’ve yet to meet an honest Alt righter.
    The problem is, they spout some bullshit or repeat a nonsense case or repeat some other conservative spokesperson's statement as if it was their own point and look at you proudly like "here is my flawless argument, what you gonna say now!".. meanwhile you are thinking, if he is so proud of that incoherent nonsense of a statement, should I even bother arguing with him.