Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I do both raiding and M+. My life is not as busy as you. But I can tell you that M+ geared me way faster than raiding. I got to like 962 with basically only M+ and then lowered that ilvl by getting tier pieces that were all lower than my M+ gear (but in the end it's an upgrade because of set bonus obviously).
    What I'm saying is M+ can get your ilvl up pretty fast you just have to do it right and do it a lot. Raiding is extremely limited, you only have 1 heroic raid a week (I doubt you do mythic based on what you're saying, and normal gives shit ilvl so heroic is the only viable option in this situation) but you have an amount of M+ only limited by the amount of time you play.

Join the groups you can join and you'll get stuff eventually, do LFR and hope for titanforge shit, try to replace your lowest piece with argulite items in the vindicaar, see what boss drops the better upgrades for you and use your seals there to give you an extra chance. There's a bunch of different little things you can do, nothing is miraculous and we can't get everything in life. You may not have a 970+ ilvl character but you have kids, that counts for more than ilvl that will be irrelevant in the next xpack lol.
    For me it was the other way around: Raiding gears much faster than M+. Weekly N/HC clears take almost no time, and the TF proc coefficient for raid bosses seems to be much higher than in M+ (understandable, as that is endlessly repeatable content whereas the raid is gated). With M+ topping out at 940, you have to run a boatload of them (I did) to get some upgrade. (think I was 973 in bags before I went on break a month ago).

do a mythic MoS just to get a low level key and then make a group to level up the key, granted that does take a bit longer than just joining a +15 but it allows you to circumvent the requirement set by pugs.

If we had an in game community like in vanilla wow, you would just go to global chat and ask for alts with low ilvl that want to push keys. If blizzard social was fully integrated into wow (instead of cut off from the game by being tied to the launcher) youd just create a social circle for alts that want to push keys. The social tools in Legion are absolutely terrible so the answer is to create a new m+ event in dungeon finder titled “looking for alts who want to push keys” and just hope some people notice it.

I could fix the issue in a day but im not the lead wow dev.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-03-15 at 11:37 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I've got an alt nearly 950ilvl. I barely log it, I only do emissaries, did LFR antorus 4 times skipping a couple of bosses and cleared antorus nm twice. Done m+15 once and +12 like 2-3 times. Due to fucked up TF and legionaries you're basically forcing high ilvl gains each week even if you do virtually nothing so I don't see where's your problem OP. NM pug raid takes around 2h on average and you can split it anyway. If you're in any guild that does not consist of full time retards you're able to clear it pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i see that a lot of you are completly missing the point of why people play mmorpgs

the core and main attraction to mmorpgs since very begining was alwayd gear progression - it could be slow but it always had to be steady

it wasnt untill last 3 years when blizzard changed its paradygm completly to push people into "chalenging themsleves" instead of "progressing your toons" (mop chalenge modes failed , wod chalenge modes failed , legion mythic + didnt fail only because raiders supplement their raid gear with them - without mythic raiders they would fail hugely too - and i bet you right now that BfA "ai scenarios" will fail too - since most people playing games dont want to deal with chalenges on daily basis

people play mmorpgs to feel "overpowered" not to feel "chalenged"

thats why legion although it should be doin much better is doin as bad if not worse then wod

people dont want to play "grouped action rpg" people want to play mmorpgs like they were at its inception . thats why such demand for classic servers of anything (hell even ultima online classic servers are popular nowadays"
    But grinding out lfr, tokens, and slowly working your way up mythics IS the slow and steady way? Doing this the OP will eventually rise in ilevel easy. Apparently they are looking for a shortcut and it doesnt exist. You can also get gear from the random weekly questions or from your class hall missions that have you kill a raid boss to get a loot chest. You can do lfr for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Not really, it has nothing to do with 971 ilvl but everything to do with M+ score being too low.
    Read my comment once again:
    But in the second part of the comment I said that I had done the dungeon they're looking DPS for on higher levels than they need to...
    They wanted DPS for MoS +15, while I had MoS done on the +18 - but they didn't invite me because my M+ score was low. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If we had an in game community like in vanilla wow, you would just go to global chat and ask for alts with low ilvl that want to push keys. If blizzard social was fully integrated into wow (instead of cut off from the game by being tied to the launcher) youd just create a social circle for alts that want to push keys. The social tools in Legion are absolutely terrible so the answer is to create a new m+ event in dungeon finder titled “looking for alts who want to push keys” and just hope some people notice it.

I could fix the issue in a day but im not the lead wow dev.
    No you couldnt, i doubt there is much you can fix in a day, please...

They have it tied to the launcher because they want it working for all thier games and not just wow. They do have like 4 other major titles. Creating a custom thing for each one is alot of work so they went the launcher route.

The main social tool of wow is guilds.

There are discords they can join for this, like the mythic plus friends discord. They can go there and do the whole alt looking to push keys and such.
    Thats a workable solution instead of your imaginary fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._plus_friends/

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    wrong. your time commitment determines your progress in these types of games unless you pay to be carried. classic servers will be the same thing. you will hit a wall with your gear progression there also.
    Nonsense. I played vanilla. You had in game communities so you could actually talk to people and form groups fast for anything. In legion, the group finder tool is fast....but ONLY for specific things. The group finder tool is actually much SLOWER at building groups for a wide range of tasks such as “glory of the” achievements or alt runs. Its frustrating. The group finder tool is garbage and causes the problems OP has. The tool narrows the scope of the game and undoubtedly has cost blizzard millions of subs because people like OP cant play in a way theyd like to.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

They wanted DPS for MoS +15, while I had MoS done on the +18 - but they didn't invite me because my M+ score was low. What's the point?
    How many times have you done MoS? Did you complete it in time? How do they know you werent carried by the team?
    High scores simply show your willing to put the effort into getting your score up there, so there is a better chance you bothered to put the effort into knowing your class and dungeon. Please dont act like that one time occurrence means your automatically qualified to join their 15.

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    How do they know you werent carried by the team?
    No score could answer that question.

High scores simply show your willing to put the effort into getting your score up there, so there is a better chance you bothered to put the effort into knowing your class and dungeon.
    I agree to some extent - but high scores are only giving you bigger probability of player being good(just as ilvl - not as good factor as it was before, because of the legendaries/TF items, but still).

Please dont act like that one time occurrence means your automatically qualified to join their 15.
    Of course. Though, for example, I think that after doing one dungeon a few times on the higher difficulties actually make me qualified to join +15... even with low M+ score because I didn't do any other dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Making a group is all about minimising risk with the information at hand.

Because of the limited overall dungeon completions, there is a risk that your MoS completion was more of a luck/carry occurrence. Why take on that extra risk when you can invite a 970 who has mitigated that risk by completing all the dungeons and has demonstrated that their MoS completion wasn't a luck/carry occurrence?

15+ Year Old Account
    You don’t need a +15 invite to break 940. Do some 10s to 14s. You’ll get a guaranteed titanforged piece in your weekly chest and the occassional upgrade during your runs. Also, if people successfully 3 chest there 12s or 13s, they typically ask if the group wants to run the upgraded key. That could be an easy in for you in running the 15.

You can also just upgrade your own keys. Your key will be 1 level lower than whatever you did the previous week, so its easy to boost it right back up to a 15. Good luck and don’t worry so much.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    For me it was the other way around: Raiding gears much faster than M+. Weekly N/HC clears take almost no time, and the TF proc coefficient for raid bosses seems to be much higher than in M+ (understandable, as that is endlessly repeatable content whereas the raid is gated). With M+ topping out at 940, you have to run a boatload of them (I did) to get some upgrade. (think I was 973 in bags before I went on break a month ago).
    In terms of time spent, raiding is more efficient yes. But it's also more limited than M+, so M+ can catch up by just playing more, which is impossible to do with raids. So if you don't have much time to play, raiding is indeed your best bet.

Find a good guild. We have people who log on Monday afternoon specifically to ask ppl if they need their 15 for the week. These are out mythic raiders and will basically carry a 920ish person thru a 15. Just because my guild is that awesome.