Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Bolvar, Malfurion to Neutrality, Rhonin to Neutrality, Khadgar to Neutrality, Tirion to Neutrality, Velen being neutral since introduction, Magni to neutrality.

I love how Horde Fanboys ignore how Alliance factions and heroes always gets stripped away from us so that the Horde can enjoy them.

How many Alliance Kingdoms are former Kingdoms of the Horde? I know 2 that got taken away from the Alliance so that the Horde can have them.
    The fact that you posted that, and you still don't see the problem is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Saurfang never challenged Garrosh to a mak'gora either he just went to the rebels to help overthrow him.

And in terms of confrontation potential, Garrosh never sacked a capital city of the Alliance, did not tell him that honor doesn't matter at all and was using soldiers in a manner that would might help win the battle but was very dismissive of their lives.If Sylvanas did indeed sack Darnassus at the beginning of Legion she has already eclipsed Garrosh.
    But that makes him worse than Sylvanas in this regard. And he nuked Theramore, which was a capital city.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Durotar never killed a draenei child, but he was forever haunted by it.
    so please stop, you are acting as if you have to personally do something to never forget it or feel despair, being there, fighting along side people who kill children, but you yourself not doing it is enough to cause such.
    And yet he uses plural all the time, both in regards to atrocities in general, as well as when specifically talking about the Draenei children.

it was outland ,rise of the horde, it was durotan, not saurfang, but again saurfang can become traumatized by things he personally did not do...

Just because you watch your father killing your mother, does not mean you are not going to be traumatized cause "well i didnt do it"
    Yeah, because if you didn't help him kill your mother you'd say "the horrors we committed" or "Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed".

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Interesting how Vol'jin rebelling against Garrosh was cheered on by Horde fans but Saurfang rebelling against Sylvanas somehow makes him an Alliance sympathizer, prideful asshole, soft traitor, etc.
    Because Vol'jin rebelled after Garrosh tried to have him killed, issued a martial law on Echo Isles and was using other Horde races like canon fodder. And Vol'jin didn't run to the arms of Alliance. And actually rebelled and organized Horde members against Garrosh, as opposed to Saurfang who just packs up his toys and leaves the Horde to its own devices. I'll take "What is nuance?" for $200, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Isenholt View Post
    I realize there is probably a lot of heat in this thread, but I for one am looking forward to seeing what happens with Saurfang. I think a lot of the upset is understandable, but I think it makes sense for Saurfang to be at odds with Sylvanas. They have completely different philosophies and Saurfang, for better or worse, prizes honor above all.
    There's being at odds with Sylvanas and then there's bailing on the Horde. Which isn't remotely in Saurfang's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Isenholt View Post
    As far as what this dialogue will come to mean (if anything) in bfa? We will see. I really can't get behind people getting all pissy and trying to force changes into a universe/story as it's being written. We've all been burned by this game, that's part of what happens when you are invested in something. I almost quit several times over the years with how bad some of the directions they took pissed me off, but never would I think to campaign to force them to change the story to fit my ends. What is that?

Right now all we are seeing are the ingredients and bits of the prep, and some of us are already screaming at the chef to remake the plate?! Just wait and see.
    No one is forcing changes. Blizzard barely pays attention to their own forums. They sure as hell aren't reading this. People are only criticizing them writing horseshit. And when the chef shat all over the plate in each of the previous dishes, that's what the chef gets in return. Blizzard has been consistently atrocious at storytelling for more than a decade. To the point that W3 is an exception so big it begs the question if they outsourced the writing for that one. Blizzard isn't a holy cow. They aren't beyond criticism. Especially when they are serving us hot garbage with a side of dumpster fire covered in a rehash sauce.

so you are complaining they are randomly killing off horde leaders... when in reality they are giving a horde leader and interesting and one of a kind story? (one of a kind in wow atleast)
    Yeah, totally applicable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Durotan did not drink the blood.

What does him stopping have to do with anything?

Saurfang DID drink the blood. He was used to slaughter Draenei in mass. Like I said, it is FAR less likely that he didn't kill any children.
    Not to mention he talks in plural all the time during his speech to Garrosh. Including the part about crimes the Orcs have committed. FelPlague being FelPlague.

- - - Updated - - -

again nerzul's clan were able to control it fine.

(drekthar i mean)
    He's a Frostwolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    I doubt Blizz will kill Sylvanas, one of the last classic WoW icons. I would really like to see some in-fighting in Alliance ranks as well though, to break up hive collective mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    It's in alpha, don't jump the shark so soon. The story isn't all there.
    Also, how isn't it very Saurfang of him to go against Sylvanas? As we've seen in the cinematic (which clearly you've forgotten about already) he's very enthusiastic about chopping up allifags.
    Come back to critique after all the story and context is in place. Surely, you'll find something to nag about. There's always that one thing with you lore warriors.
    Blizzard's sycophants said the same thing about WoD. Would you look at that, it was an atrocity. It's almost as if the premise sucks, the data already datamined sucks and the writers suck like no one ever sucked in the history of sucking, the end product is going to suck too. Cause and effect and sum of its parts type of thing. And sort of a trend at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Blizzard's sycophants said the same thing about WoD. Would you look at that, it was an atrocity. It's almost as if the premise sucks, the data already datamined sucks and the writers suck like no one ever sucked in the history of sucking, the end product is going to suck too. Cause and effect and sum of its parts type of thing. And sort of a trend at this point.
    How's the bandwagon? Or is it even a wagon? Bet you all had to find something else to make do with, as you all usually do when looking for something lore related to cry about.
    You're absolutely silly, and we'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Sylvanas is a freaking literature masterpiece compared to what they're doing with certain characters.
    You probably read bad books. Sylvanas story is anecdote.

Deleted
    Saurfang killed more Alliance than Sylvanas ever did, without mercy. Now he is concerned with honor?

That's the point, they are making Saurfang into a weakling that can't fight for "his" Horde. The posterboy is abandoning the Horde because "feelings".
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2018-03-15 at 08:05 PM.

Don't worry, you will probably go "But Saurfang, you orc, you come back"

Then he will go "You right, LOK'TAR OGAR" and zoom out of stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    That is exactly what they are doing. Sylvanas says she doesn't want to have horde warriors die for nothing. He says using blight is not honorable. She asks for another option. He doesn't provide any. She asks the Horde warriors, including orcs, to retreat and sends forsaken troops to deploy the blight so they buy time for Undercity civilians and military to evacuate through the portal. While Saurfang gets captured for some reason.

That's why people are pissed with him. Plus when the Horde saves him, he refuses. No one would bash Saurfang if he came back home and challenged Sylvanas to Mak'gora. People bash him cause he is not doing anything from what his character should do, or that he doesn't act accordingly to his code of honor.
    My thought was that there was more that we haven't seen yet that would prompt this response to being rescued. I guess we will see! I do understand that feeling though when characters seemingly don't act in concert with their established character (though I think that is also open to some level of interpretation). Thanks for the reply

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    What is difficult to understand about "Compared to what they are doing with certain characters" part ?

That post was sprinkled with sarcasam if it's not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What is difficult to understand about "Compared to what they are doing with certain characters" part ?
    Hmm. Let me name few. Arthas. Darion Mograine. Genn Greymane.

Those three above have more deep and interesting stories (if we talking about Tragedy genre) than Sylvanas's anecdote.

Genn? AHAHAHAHA.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the form Saurfang arc shapes into. I like honorable characters, and even more i like guile heroes who dont let their honor to blind them.
    Saurfang has all my support. I hope sylvanas dickriders wont prevent Blizzard from doing the justice to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Genn? AHAHAHAHA.
    "I was asshole"
    "Now im slighty lesser asshole"

Now thats what i call character development.

"I was asshole"
    "Now im slighty lesser asshole"

Now thats what i call character development.
    Weak bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weak bait.
    Oh ? Do you have something to add ? Or just one liners ?

Oh ? Do you have something to add ? Or just one liners ?
    Just stating the fact. No need to feel opposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stating the fact. No need to feel opposed.
    So all you have is shitty one liners and no real arguments.

Also stating fact btw.

Genn is a low energy and 1 dimensional character with no other story plot except "SHE TOOK MAH SON! GRRRRRR-RAWWRRRR". I honestly can't see how -anyone- likes him.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."