Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I believe personal loot can actually drop MORE loot based on raid size than ML can. Without set bonuses I'm not seeing a lot of point to ML. I have no doubt there will be some fights where a guild may want loot to go to specific individuals but overall more loot without sets will likely equal faster gear progression.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Hey, maybe instead of trying to be a snarky asshole, you could put two and two together and see that OP editted in the link at 8:39 PM, and I posted my response at 8:01 PM. But next time I'll wait 40 minutes from reading a question till I answer it, just incase it gets updated with more specific information later on, in order to please you. Sound good?

As for the second bit, it works just fine at the moment in our mythic alt raids, but that's partly due to everyone having a level 1000 in every slot due to legendaries. Either way it'll be happening, easy or not - if the item is tradeable, it's being distributed.
    Instead of being a snarky asshole read the entirety of what I said "even if it requires effort on their part". You put in no effort to form a critical opinion of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Said in the Q&A from today.

Most raids used master loot for tier which is not in BfA.
    Just shows you how little Blizz understands the players of their game. Master loot has been used by every raiding guild I've been, and continues to be used to this day to help distribute loot to those that can use it. Trying to substitute that with "you can trade it" makes it far more unwieldy than it needs to be.

Furthermore, there is no legitimate reason to remove it (at least none that they are offering). They can just set the default to personal loot and still allow for the selection of master loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifelol View Post
    This change wont stop splits entirely. Guilds are going to start requiring 3-5 of the same class so you can chain run raids and then whatever character had the best luck will be your main. Another option would be to stack raids by armor type such as a full leather run or full plate run etc to trade pieces of gear around. It's never going to stop guilds from doing things to give themselves an advantage, if anything it's going to encourage this type of behavior even more. These are just examples obviously and I'm sure top guilds will find even better ways to keep getting ahead of everyone else, gear wise.
    I think there’d be a point where running M+ (depending on how they do the rewards for it) is more time efficient than split running raids.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifelol View Post
    This change wont stop splits entirely. Guilds are going to start requiring 3-5 of the same class so you can chain run raids and then whatever character had the best luck will be your main. Another option would be to stack raids by armor type such as a full leather run or full plate run etc to trade pieces of gear around. It's never going to stop guilds from doing things to give themselves an advantage, if anything it's going to encourage this type of behavior even more. These are just examples obviously and I'm sure top guilds will find even better ways to keep getting ahead of everyone else, gear wise.
    It's not possible to appease everyone and people going for records, will break the game if they can, when it means getting ahead of the competition. Minimizing the suffering of those who's been (and are going to be) on the bad end of loot-councils and ninjas, must take precedent. Loot-drama is one of the old constant complaints that has yet to be solved when people can't play nice and solve it themselves for various reasons. Blizz is just following the majority as always along with their own best intentions for the future of the game and betterment of it.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-16 at 12:10 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Instead of being a snarky asshole read the entirety of what I said "even if it requires effort on their part".
    Deflect all you want; I'm not going to spend my time finding a VOD, watching through it till I find the correct segment, then respond when OP has typed out both the question+answer and is asking for clarification for what that specific wording means. I'm going to answer what that specific wording means.
    You had to put in a bare minimum of effort to check if the post had been updated with a video link after I'd posted, but you didn't. I had no reason to believe the OP didn't give the full information. Right now you're the one being lazy and not putting in effort.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    5% or less of us raid Mythic, we're the only ones that actually use ML. I mean if you're in a Heroic guild and it's using ML instead of PL something is horribly wrong there. So if they removed ML it would only impact us. And I actually don't care, not having ML would probably deter us from some of the annoying bullshit we do. It would change the way we do split runs, and they wouldn't have as much incentive anymore anyway. And it would stop the insanely annoying "LOL GEAR X ROLE FIRST!" that we've been doing since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    5% or less of us raid Mythic, we're the only ones that actually use ML. I mean if you're in a Heroic guild and it's using ML instead of PL something is horribly wrong there. So if they removed ML it would only impact us. And I actually don't care, not having ML would probably deter us from some of the annoying bullshit we do. It would change the way we do split runs, and they wouldn't have as much incentive anymore anyway. And it would stop the insanely annoying "LOL GEAR X ROLE FIRST!" that we've been doing since forever.
    ML is a part of raiding, it has Zero to do with what level you raid at. Seeing the gear on the boss and going about your loot system IS part of what makes raiding raiding to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    ML is a part of raiding, it has Zero to do with what level you raid at. Seeing the gear on the boss and going about your loot system IS part of what makes raiding raiding to some people.
    I can understand this if you're someone that helps run the loot council but at the same time I'm not sure if Blizzard should go out of their way to support this. I feel like raiding should be about actually playing the game rather than how people receive their loot.

I'd much prefer an automated loot system that denied idiots the ability to have any input and sped up the part of the game that's actually intended to be the main draw, you know, actually playing it and killing bosses
    Last edited by Erolian; 2018-03-16 at 12:18 AM.

if ML goes i will follow.

How does this take a huge chunk of the game away? It doesn't say less loot.. for the love of GOD. This could actually be a good change if you just stop and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I can understand this if you're someone that helps run the loot council but at the same time I'm not sure if Blizzard should go out of their way to support this. I feel like raiding should be about actually playing the game rather than how people receive their loot
    Because it has been part of of raiding, PL makes raiding seem fake to me. I'm with @Morgaith on this one, 13 years I've been playing this game, and 13 years I've (mostly) enjoyed it, but this would be the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back"

If it'll keep people playing longer, ofc they will remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deflect all you want; I'm not going to spend my time finding a VOD, watching through it till I find the correct segment, then respond when OP has typed out both the question+answer and is asking for clarification for what that specific wording means. I'm going to answer what that specific wording means.
    You had to put in a bare minimum of effort to check if the post had been updated with a video link after I'd posted, but you didn't. I had no reason to believe the OP didn't give the full information. Right now you're the one being lazy and not putting in effort.
    lol I never asked for clarification on the wording, I asked if we'll be seeing the departure of ML based on the topic from the Q&A today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

They never said they are taking away master looter..... They only said that tier gear does not exist in bfa.

I didn't need to. I said that you didn't even put in a minimal amount of effort to confirm something. That's 100% on you. That isn't deflecting, that's fact. You saying that you're too lazy to look for the facts, just to follow through with an incorrect critical opinion, just makes you look like an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post

As for the second bit, that won't be entirely possible because you can't trade something that's an IL upgrade for you, which in itself causes a new load of problems.
    Yes... someone getting a piece of gear that they cant trade..because its an upgrade... will cause a new load of problems...

((in the same Q&A they are also addressing ilvls+ being an actual upgrade..))

Quote Originally Posted by zanderken3 View Post
    They never said they are taking away master looter..... They only said that tier gear does not exist in bfa.
    ... Ion said it would be a reasonable assumption that PL would be the only loot method going forward, hence the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    I get that they put a lot of work into developing personal loot, but to push for it being the only option is absurd.

With master loot, you can distribute loot based on need and merit, neither of which are taken into account by personal loot.

People were complaining about loot ninjas in the past. Solution: Don't join master loot pugs if you don't think the master looter is trustworthy.
    On the contrary: Master Loot allows guilds to abuse themselves and the game with shit like split runs that makes them all cry like whiny bitches about having to work too hard to raid and then about burnout.

PL kills all that, or at least the incentive to do it. It's a genius move to shut down one more idiotic complaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderken3 View Post
    maybe you should read the entire post and watch the sources before posting next time

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting