Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a fine system for pug but people don't want it to become the main system for guild raids. When raiding with a guild there are a number of factors to who you gie loot to. For example you don't want a trail to get the BIS highly warforged trinket that dropped when they killed a boss on a reclear over the main stay raider who wiped on that boss 50 times to get your guild the kill. As long as they don't destroy every non-personal loot system then it's fine. Personal loot is great in pugs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Its heroic casuals who are the most toxic players. Worst experience is in heroic....
    And you know fuck all about me how?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should force PL on anything but Mythic raids. That will remove or at least reduce the incentive to do spilt runs while still allow the guilds to funnel high lvl items to specific players.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    My biggest problem with PL going forward is that, in the future, raids that don't have a non-PL threshold will be a lot more difficult to farm for xmog gear when it's no longer relevant. That may not be a big deal to some, but I can all but guarantee you that it's a pretty important thing for a large amount of the player base.
    Well they said they are introducing "Legacy Loot Mode" for raids where every one in group outgears them, to get gear for transmog easier, there wont be personal loot for those.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Horrible change if they force people to do PL.
    I don't get the people crying about loot council or ML. Simply don't join a guild who uses it. Asking why so many guilds use it? Because it's superior compared to any other loot method. Of course it CAN get abused, but cases like that are in the minority. The guilds I have been in never or seldomly had a problem with it.

And the players crying about not getting loot immediatly were mostly the people who had no loyality towards the guild, or who were simply selfish baddies never pulling their weight.

I don't get this approach by Blizzard forcing people to do stuff in a specific way. Just let them have the choice and people will find their like-minded players.

ITT: people who don't understand how personal loot works. That "shit trial" isn't stealing your "pro mage's" trinket. The loot that your "pro mage" is getting is not affected by the loot that your "shit trial" is getting. It's entirely random. Just tell your "pro mage" to quit his childish bitching and wait until it's his turn to get a lucky drop. Or better yet kick him from the guild and get people that don't throw temper tantrums because of loot. They are going to tune the raids around the fact that you can't channel gear to certain people anymore.

This change will save time and more importantly remove one of the leading causes of guild drama. The only people that are whining about the change are "pro mages" that are getting 1337 loot fed to them by the loot council and running around with 985 ilvl.

ITT people who haven't fucking raided in a halfway decent guild who have no idea how loot council works in 99% of decent progression guilds assume that there is shitloads of drama in said guilds because apparently master looters in said guilds want to rape their progression to feed one player (who isn't a tank). Said assumption being based off the chip on their shoulder from 3 expansions ago when they were in a trash guild with a trash master looter who gave a piece of loot they wanted to someone else before they promptly spat the fucking dummy and gquit in a frothing rage.

Yeah, this is not a great change. Master loot is better in every way.

Can we please just go back to when people would just roll for items they were eligible with and that was it

If tier is getting removed i prefer PL anyway. ML just forces raids to hoard stuff to certain people, at the end some people will always end up having much more lover ilvl gear and it isnt related with luck at all. Every high end item goes to certain individuals to benefit more as raid. I just think it should be fair for all who are there for the same purpose and spending same amount of time for the content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    Well they said they are introducing "Legacy Loot Mode" for raids where every one in group outgears them, to get gear for transmog easier, there wont be personal loot for those.
    Which generally mean that you have to wait for the next expansion in the cases of Titanforged.

With that said I don't get the problems that this thread is talking about. Master Looter will stay the same and not be removed from what I've read so far. So what is the problem with Blizzard pushing more towards Personal Loot? Nothing is changed. You can choose Master Looter if you want, you can choose Personal Loot if you want. Both will still be an option.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksun80 View Post
    If tier is getting removed i prefer PL anyway. ML just forces raids to hoard stuff to certain people, at the end some people will always end up having much more lover ilvl gear and it isnt related with luck at all. Every high end item goes to certain individuals to benefit more as raid. I just think it should be fair for all who are there for the same purpose and spending same amount of time for the content.
    The reason why I hate personal loot is this. It took me 20 coins to get the trinket from Gul'dan heroic!! I have gotten the same ring twice, every other item in the loot table, and used 6 coins/week only on gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by dudas View Post
    the reason why i hate personal loot is this. It took me 20 coins to get the trinket from gul'dan heroic!! I have gotten the same ring twice, every other item in the loot table, and used 6 coins/week only on gul'dan.
    you mean you dont like this fair and enjoyable gameplay?????????????? What is wrong with you??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Normal & hc guild runs also need ML. I have better and worse ppl in group. Some players are always when raid start, others aren't. What if PL will give loot to that worse with lower attendance?
    Lower attendance people are present at fewer kills and thus get fewer rolls under the personal loot system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    This plus the whole "secondaries should be worse than ilvl" is depressing.

Why not just remove secondaries and make everything a flat ilvl, and ilvl determines your power?

Why even have loot anymore?

This game is getting depressingly simplified, and there is no good alternative raiding game. It sucks.
    Hyperbole much?

A 985 should never be worse than a 950, and yet in the games current iteration that's a possibility, some times even lower if its a tier piece and you need it for your set bonus(for most classes). All they are doing is changing it so Primary Stats are so desirable that they will always outweigh secondary, it does not mean in any way, shape, or form that secondary stats no longer have value. The shift is just intended to make it so situations like stated above don't happen.

You will still have secondary stat priority on items of equal ilvl, so gearing is still important its just the situation of "Oh golly gee wiz, I got this CRAZY awesome titanforged piece but its my two worst stats, guess I will just keep wearing something fifty item levels lower..."

Stop doomsaying as if itemization is dead, its not. This is just a much needed fix to what was clearly broken in legion.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3cadent View Post
    ITT people who haven't fucking raided in a halfway decent guild who have no idea how loot council works in 99% of decent progression guilds assume that there is shitloads of drama in said guilds because apparently master looters in said guilds want to rape their progression to feed one player (who isn't a tank). Said assumption being based off the chip on their shoulder from 3 expansions ago when they were in a trash guild with a trash master looter who gave a piece of loot they wanted to someone else before they promptly spat the fucking dummy and gquit in a frothing rage.
    Exactly this.
    People seem to not understand that a loot council is there to push progression and not selfishly distribute items. I also liked how loot council is also a good way to detect bad/selfish players who complain about it. You know instantly whom you don't want to have in your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    That's a paltry 1k DPS difference. Except for the <0.1% of guilds who are hard pushing the hardest of content, that will virtually never make for the difference between a wipe and a kill. Be realistic.

There are problems with Personal vs Master loot, but "guilds will wipe because they can't squeeze an extra <0.001% DPS out of their raid by funneling tier to the mages over the hunters" isn't a terribly compelling one.
    But it still is the way to kill bosses easier. If you want to progress in a raid you're going to distribute the loot so that it benefits the raid the most, often it is the player that gets the most benefit out of it. Also even if the difference is only 0.001% from that one piece, you're going to be stacking loot that increases if further. After a week or two the dps difference can be up to 10% whether you distributed the loot beneficially or not.

If the guild is abusing the system, favoring friends over the benefit of the guild, then you're just gonna have to find a new guild that isn't douchey, or create your own where you can force your loot habits as you wish.

If I had known that this was the direction that real (heroic / mythic) raiding was heading.. I would've never been for it. It's great for difficulties you want to fly through. But, now if you get an upgrade rests solo-y in the hands of a prson who got the drop and doesn't mind giving it up...

Guilds would not use ml when tier tokens drop as tokens and not as actuall items. With pl the wasted items are much less because outside of the tier pieces someone always can need something.

Yesterday we cleared mythic again and aggramar dropped 2 shami tokens and the dps trinket.
    We had 2 people on that token and both rolled only 960 version. The trinkets got disenchanted.

Pl in bfa will be the goto loot. Maybe in the first few ids ml will still be used, but when enough people already have good eq, pl will be ahead of ml in useable loot.

More loot and less wasted loot.
    Dying could endanger your health!

This also removes the the ability for dick guild leads to take shit that they should not, good change I think.