Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    But Jujudrood.... <puts hands dramatically on you shoulders and looks at you intently>.... WoW is dying.
    <sobbing uncontrollably> But...but...but... SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    <sobbing uncontrollably> But...but...but... SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!
    It's been a long-time-worry and they're prepping the defibs as we speak. You know... just in case.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    You level up
    Gear up
    Do raids or PvP. - Pretty much the whole core of Wow since 2004.

Leveling process of each new expansion is the same, you do quests, finish a zone go to a different one and repeat til you reach max level. This is now boring. Majority of the players don’t even read quest text and rush through the leveling content as quickly as possible. The fact that people rush through leveling content needs to be adressed and changed.
    I’ll admit, bonus objectives and chests were fun when they got introduced in WoD, but the rewards they give is just bad and this repeated in Legion.

Back in the ol’ days gearing was the most fun part of this game, now its so easy to get gear that created a mindset of "*sigh* lets get this over with" I believe this mindset developed over time. Gearing up was the staple of Wow’s experience, but it continued for many years and I think it needs to change. The cycle of repetition caused this mindset.

Raiding / PVP was always the end game, why not introduce something different? Do you guys ever wonder why subs are declining since cata? Well some left because the hardcore crowed hated the casual changes, but the problem is that even if this game is all time casual, casual players are still qutting the game, so making the game even more casual will not change attraction of the audience.

The core philosophy of WoW needs to change, because what worked in 2004 will not work now. God Of War is coming out in a month or two and seeing by the interviews etc, they changed quite a bit,almost a different game, but the story is the
    same. Companies are adapting to the 2018 audience and thats how a game will be a successful.
    So... something that millions of people still play and enjoy should be changed because YOU think its boring? Lol.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Look what I'm doing now:
    I don't enjoy wow at the moment, so I stopped playing it. Instead of crying how the game is bad/boring or whatever I started playing a new game that I find enjoying atm (PUBG). Later, when the new expansion comes out, or I start missing wow I will return and enjoy it again. You should try that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Look what I'm doing now:
    I don't enjoy wow at the moment, so I stopped playing it. Instead of crying how the game is bad/boring or whatever I started playing a new game that I find enjoying atm (PUBG). Later, when the new expansion comes out, or I start missing wow I will return and enjoy it again. You should try that too.
    ^ A drop of rationale and logic in a sea of whine (these forums).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    It is true that levelling hasn't been rewarding since pre-MoP.

Nobody says "ding!" anymore because there's nothing to be excited about. No abilities learned while levelling. No new talents opened up.

With action bars as empty as they are currently, I hope they return to that model at least for a while. Little late for BFA to do that though.

Actually in vanilla and bc, the point of the game is to socialize in a vast rpg world, to laugh and have fun with good friends and have a great time. The losers were pushing bleeding edge content and raging at people for lack of performance. Whelps left side!

Around wrath they started catering to the jerks and killed the in game community so yah it became all about gear and power.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Another thing worthy of note, you can't simply change the core of a live, ongoing game.
    When other publishers do this (think GTA II to GTA III, top-down to 3D world), it's because of a new game, possibly with new hardware specs etc.
    But the key is, it's new.
    Completely new codebase, rules, whole nine.

To change WoW would be a fatal mistake because it works as is.
    Now, if they made a new game to "redefine what an mmorpg is", then fine, that's all good and they can go for it.
    But to change the core of WoW would essentially be to create a new game, and you wouldn't sacrifice the existing one in the process and get rid of the cash cow for a single burger.

A lot of what would be considered a big enough change to warrant the shift in
    You level up
    Gear up
    would be a new game on its own. Changing faction layouts or major elements of how we play would become WoW 2.0 not the current WoW. You mentioned Gods of War coming out as an example of adaption, but that's a brand new game. A sequel.

You are essentially asking Blizzard to let WoW die and build a new WoW 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Actually in vanilla and bc, the point of the game is to socialize in a vast rpg world, to laugh and have fun with good friends and have a great time. The losers were pushing bleeding edge content and raging at people for lack of performance. Whelps left side!

Around wrath they started catering to the jerks and killed the in game community so yah it became all about gear and power.
    This hasn't changed. This is nostalgia talking.

People play the game to socialize, laugh, and have fun now. And people played for gear and power alone back then.

You level up
    Gear up

Leveling process of each new expansion is the same, you do quests, finish a zone go to a different one and repeat til you reach max level. This is now boring. Majority of the players don’t even read quest text and rush through the leveling content as quickly as possible. The fact that people rush through leveling content needs to be adressed and changed.
    I’ll admit, bonus objectives and chests were fun when they got introduced in WoD, but the rewards they give is just bad and this repeated in Legion.

Back in the ol’ days gearing was the most fun part of this game, now its so easy to get gear that created a mindset of "*sigh* lets get this over with" I believe this mindset developed over time. Gearing up was the staple of Wow’s experience, but it continued for many years and I think it needs to change. The cycle of repetition caused this mindset.

Raiding / PVP was always the end game, why not introduce something different? Do you guys ever wonder why subs are declining since cata? Well some left because the hardcore crowed hated the casual changes, but the problem is that even if this game is all time casual, casual players are still qutting the game, so making the game even more casual will not change attraction of the audience.

The core philosophy of WoW needs to change, because what worked in 2004 will not work now. God Of War is coming out in a month or two and seeing by the interviews etc, they changed quite a bit,almost a different game, but the story is the
    same. Companies are adapting to the 2018 audience and thats how a game will be a successful.
    Didn't even need to read your shitpost to see you're someone who thinks WoW is a part of your life and it cannot be remove. Wrong. It can be removed from your life and apparently it has to. Time for you to find another game you want to play instead of playing something you don't want to play just cuz you think it's impossible to do anything else with your time.

WoW is fine. I think OP needs to play something else for a while and regain their gaming momentum.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    People feels at home in Wow since forever! You change the core, you'll loose everybody!

BTW, what worked in 2004 STILL work now.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

10+ Year Old Account
    The core philosophy of WoW needs to change, because what worked in 2004 will not work now.
    So please, do tell. What are your ideas about what would replace all of this without alienating a large part of their current players?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Literally every game: Eventually more people stop playing it than play.
    Difference is... 10 million come back each expansion hoping for some return to quality gameplay that used to exist... and drop of less than 3 months later.

By far, there are more people who long for the old WoW game development to return and are easily bored with the garbage being churned out now than stick around to play and are "happy" with it.

The game being boring to you =/= the game is boring for a fact.

It's a 14-year old title which pulls in billion-dollar revenues. You saying it "needs a different direction", holds absolutely no weight at all.

While I disagree with the OP that the end game needs to change... I do agree that Blizzard gearing has become an after thought in Wow. How can I say that, when literally everything you do now gives you gear? Exactly, you just stated my point. When everything you do in game rewards you with gear, the thought of gear goes away. It's much more complicated than this little one liner I've given.

Since wow's inception, in my mind, it was always "let's get this over with" with regards to gear, the difference back then was the mechanism and pace at which you could acquire gear. The pace of content didn't have to be so extreme back then, because it took time to traverse through the progression of the game. When BWL came out, I was just dinging 60. While some people were in T2, I was doing my dungeon progression for my blue sets, I was doing my attunement for MC. I think it's a shame that the game has morphed into a "single state machine" for everyone in the game. The guy that just dinged max level, and the most progressed player on the realm. I think it was much more enjoyable when groups of people in a similar place in the game could come together and experience all the content the game has at their own pace. Sure, they could still do that, but the mechanism of least resistance (LFR of the new raid tier topping all other gear progression in the game) is always going to be the way people follow, whether they like it or not.

Of course I have to state this is all opinion, and others may feel completely the opposite. There are negatives to not having catch up mechanics... I just don't enjoy the fact that all previous tiers of an xpac become obsolete when a new raid comes out. I think part of what made WoW so inspiring was the amount of content it had, the reason it had so much was because the content of previous patches did not become obsolete when a new patch dropped. To fill the gap of raid content becoming obsolete, they give us boring singe player content, give them one day timers, and tell us to do that everyday. I do not like single player content in an MMO. I want to experience content with others.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2018-03-16 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    LoL/Dota needs a diffrent direction,the old one is boring
    You just buy items
    Kill other people
    Win/lose games

Changing for change is bad. I played, and enjoyed, every C&C game, up until 4 where the changed the game completely from the games i loved, now I would never touch another c&c game.

I play wow because it is, level, gear, raid, gear, raid, etc, because that is what I find fun.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..we have been over the "number xyz and reasons are true because I think so" game for ages. But you can rejoice, because you know what will now happen as seen in your sig. WoW retail will die by the end of BfA and meanwhile you can play Classic happily with a strong and active community.
    LOL oh man, I hadn't looked that close at that sig before.

Here's the thing, everyone's view of what Classic servers should be is different. Everyone's pair of rose-tinted glasses that they use to look at the past is different. The "good old days" always seem like they were great even when they weren't.

Classic is going to be just as "contentious" as the current game because humans are humans. I'm sure Blizzard will do their best to implement Classic servers in a way that keeps the effort on them to maintain it as minimal as possible because they know this.