Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Straight up steal them from EQ - They need something like this - As a main Barbarian Warrior from the EQ days i miss my old race.

Hail Lord Bjor!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Sorry no offence but how this can be "barbarian"?

More like Teletubbies Attack on McDonalds.

Have you any idea how many daily calories that people like the Mountain actor from GoT eat? It's a lot.
    I wouldn't doubt if MacDonalds wouldn't also be in their daily menus.

Also: you can also dress the mountain with Swan Lake ballet clothes... and he wouldn't look fierce at all.
    So it really depends on how you dress and chose your character visual to make him look fierce or peaceful.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-16 at 04:59 PM.

As long as it's not some BS about adding a race that's supposed to be Horde affiliated, I don't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    Jesus you people need to get your anatomy straight. Nobody fat will remotely look like this.

They're muscular as hell. Yes, they have a fair amount of fat, but look at people going at "world's strongest person" contest. They all carry that shape and there's a reason for it.
    Last time i checked heavy lifters don't have beer belly. This KT human have bigger beer belly than fcking dwarf.

Also female heavy lifters don't looks like this abomination you call female KT. Looks like the heaviest thing she lifted in her life was bowl.

Deleted
    As I've point out, the Male Kul'tirans are fine (also note you used the more refined hair and moustache on the Male, which without it looks like a thug). They have the physique of a Strongman. Most professional power lifters and competitive strongmen look like the Kultirans. That belly is normally mostly all muscle, it's just that doing shit tons of squats and deadlifts massively strengthens that area (this is the reason back braces cover the area where that belly develops, to aid with the muscles there).

So no, the Kultiran males aren't fat, infact they probably have very little fat on them, what they are is physically dense, shit tons of working muscle as opposed to the pretty boy muscle that body builders have.

Now the females on the other hand ARE fat, their arms and legs have very little muscle definition. While this definition is nowhere near as extreme as it is on males it should still be apparent. However the thing with female power lifters is that their physique can run the gamete from something like this:

(Winner of the World's strongest Woman contest 2017).
    to this:

What you see on all of them is very muscular arms and legs while on the first example she has the body of the Kultiran female.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

Have you any idea how many daily calories that people like the Mountain actor from GoT eat? It's a lot.
    I wouldn't doubt if MacDonalds wouldn't also be in their daily menus.
    Mountain looks like default human model minus height. Height its only thing that KT humans share with Mountain.

Also how KT facials looks barbarian? All we see about them screams conquistador like.

Deleted
    Scroll up so you can see what I mean about the female Kultiran models though Jack Black. I have yet to see people argue that they aren't just chubby. At least with the males you CAN argue about their build.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I haven't played alpha, so I can't bring up ingame lore.

This is what i can see:

- Physical appearance: It is clear that the models are a mixture between humans and Vrykul, including face, musclature and body size.
    - They also have Vrykul habits, they are sea people. They are also Pirates, which many vrykul are (and you've placed them in the barbarian category).
    - Brutish aspect: I believe that their cosmetic form is purposely brutish to fill the Ruthless Alliance race that it is missing (appart from the Worgen).

Lol... after checking this image above, i just noticed the arm veins are identical from both bodies, the legs are almost identical, and the pants just differ on the black strips
    Kul Tirans represent strongmen, but there's nothing very barbarian about them, on a cultural level. They're seafaring, but that's not really a trait that can be associated with barbarism. At least from the alpha footage I've seen, the bulky Kul Tirans aren't that culturally dimorphic from 'normal' Kul Tirans and they seem to readily intermix with no clear distinctions drawn.

A barbarian is a human who is perceived to be either uncivilized or primitive. The designation is usually applied as generalization based on a popular stereotype; barbarians can be any member of a nation judged by some to be less civilized or orderly (such as a tribal society), but may also be part of a certain "primitive" cultural group (such as nomads) or social class (such as bandits) both within and outside one's own nation. Alternatively, they may instead be admired and romanticised as noble savages.
    There may be Kul Tirans that do savage things, but they are not savages in the romanticized sense. They're less Conan the Barbarian and more Andre the Giant from The Princess Bride.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-16 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    What you see on all of them is very muscular arms and legs while on the first example she has the body of the Kultiran female.
    And this doesn't make women sexy at all... which is what everyone is complaining (the female cookie and macdonald eaters...)

Well, their contest isn't about beauty, it is about strength and muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by MythDanish View Post
    Straight up steal them from EQ - They need something like this - As a main Barbarian Warrior from the EQ days i miss my old race.

I think Wildhammer Dwarves definitely fill that Celtic-Pict aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    There may be Kul Tirans that do savage things, but they are not savages in the romanticized sense. They're less Conan the Barbarian and more Andre the Giant from The Princess Bride.
    Well, I can't deny that. The savagest race you have in wow are Orcs, and that was the main horde theme until Blood elves were introduced in the BC xpac.

Maybe other races might fill that spot. Saberon could be a good race for what you want, and they would be the Worgen 2.0 version.

Deleted
    TLDR you think you want barbarians. But what you really want is kobalds as a analogue to upright orcs.

I think at this point you're honestly just sacrificing artistic integrity for the benefit of a loud minority.
    Who would rather see the Warcraft franchise entirely removed from its origins as a Warhammer game that had its license removed.

From a entirely functional standpoint the only race really suited to be the token alliance barbarian race would be wild hammer dwarves.
    vrykul in practice would probably remain distanced from the alliance because of cultural differences and while humans are descended from them.
    They'd probably be insulted by the idea, in a kind of Creationist way. But, I mean nobody ever considers the cultural realities of the fact that just because one guy helped your village wouldn't mean his way of life is practical for your people. They'd probably also introduce a lot of internal conflict into the alliance due to them being marauder/traders. having them join the alliance would likely lead to increased piracy and many background issues we'd only have loosest mentions of in game.

What the alliance really needs is a race that can't be summarised as white guys of varying height and tree Asians.
    Something like the Draenei but a little edgier. Something Deformed to be visual analogue to forsaken considering this topic can be read as 'Plz up right orcs for alliance', What you need are Kobalds. they're perfect! ugly the like the forsaken, they technically barbarians in the sense that they're a people without written language and they're dumb enough to join the alliance in exchange for large candle, they start at the fargodeep mine it'll be great. I mean hey screw all the cultural stuff I said earlier we both know this whole thing was a narrative to I say "I care" but really i give every thing i love up for what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    TLDR you think you want barbarians. But what you really want is kobalds as a analogue to upright orcs.

I think at this point you're honestly just sacrificing artistic integrity for the benefit of a loud minority.
    Who would rather see the Warcraft franchise entirely removed from its origins as a Warhammer game that had its license removed.

From a entirely functional standpoint the only race really suited to be the token alliance barbarian race would be wild hammer dwarves.
    vrykul in practice would probably remain distanced from the alliance because of cultural differences and while humans are descended from them.
    They'd probably be insulted by the idea, in a kind of Creationist way. But, I mean nobody ever considers the cultural realities of the fact that just because one guy helped your village wouldn't mean his way of life is practical for your people. They'd probably also introduce a lot of internal conflict into the alliance due to them being marauder/traders. having them join the alliance would likely lead to increased piracy and many background issues we'd only have loosest mentions of in game.

What the alliance really needs is a race that can't be summarised as white guys of varying height and tree Asians.
    Something like the Draenei but a little edgier. Something Deformed to be visual analogue to forsaken considering this topic can be read as 'Plz up right orcs for alliance', What you need are Kobalds. they're perfect! ugly the like the forsaken, they technically barbarians in the sense that they're a people without written language and they're dumb enough to join the alliance in exchange for large candle, they start at the fargodeep mine it'll be great. I mean hey screw all the cultural stuff I said earlier we both know this whole thing was a narrative to I say "I care" but really i give every thing i love up for what I want.
    The idea is to have a race that does clash with the Alliance. The Alliance of recent has become way too homogenous to the point where a lot of people refer to it as the "human faction" because most of the races just fall into whatever the human protagonist says.

Deleted
    The idea is to have a race that does clash with the Alliance. The Alliance of recent has become way too homogenous to the point where a lot of people refer to it as the "human faction" because most of the races just fall into whatever the human protagonist says.
    the alliance isn't about clashing races if you want that go horde.
    The alliance's theme is order/homogeneity.

come to think of it by your own logic you really want those kobalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    the alliance isn't about clashing races if you want that go horde.
    The alliance's theme is order/homogeneity.
    The Alliance consists of powerful cultures and groups bound not by desperation or necessity, but by their deep commitments to abstract concepts like nobility and justice
    There's nothing in the Alliance that states/implies homogeneity. What would be interesting is if there was a more barbaric race that joined the Alliance and had different ideals of nobility and justice.

Height isn't really a problem as it can be readily changed/retconned. Similar to how Zandalari average 10' in-lore and like 7'-ish in-game. Same applies to tauren and ogres, which are both around 10' in lore with tauren be shrunken down to 8' for gameplay purposes.
    Should double check your numbers. They got a size increase last alpha build.

Deleted
    Drust or Vrykul or both!

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Should double check your numbers. They got a size increase last alpha build.
    Yeah, I wasn't aware of that until yesterday. Still doesn't mean much, considering in-lore tauren and Zandalari are taller than their in-game heights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say the Alliance NEEDS a barbarian race, but it's easy to imagine the Wildhammer or Vrykul joining them. I don't really see the Broken as barbarians either but I also feel like they'd make a natural fit.

Deleted
    Let's see: besides Humans, Alliance already has 1 short race (soon 2), 1 tiny race, 1 animal race, 2 weird/demon/spacegoat races, 2 Elven races (just like Horde).
    Frankly I don't see any "need" to diversify, and Kul'Tirans look "barbarian" enough to me.
    Alliance doesn't "need" any race added, it's just the OP looking for reasons to get Vrykul added because he happens to like them, but I believe their chances to become playable are close to zero because of their size causing obvious problems.
    And frankly, I don't think a giant human would add any more value to the game than a fat human.