Exclamation Monk, Rogue, Shammy

Hello,

I am returning to wow for epac and I want this time to be different. By different I mean; don't have alts, get really great with one class, and actually do stuff in a good guild (That may never happen -- can't find one).

Now before my question: I love being able to do my own thing most of the time since I am up a lot and playing. I love sustain -- wich I find lacks on Monk and Rogue -- mb even Shammy these days -- been a while. I want to be very viable in a raiding guild: but not interested in tanking since I lose my direction very easily lol. I would love to heal but in dungeons healing becomes a nervous breakdown for me as people love to rush.

I love rogue because while doing things I can avoid needless/pointless NPC interactions. When this game came out I started as a rogue.

I love being a Monk because I started one and stuck to it through most of mop; and teal rules!

I love being a shammy because the burst of Enhancement was insane (Played in LK era)

I love melee, I feel like I am in more control when I am in the mobs face.

I hate casters because I feel like I have to do a lot (Kiting/blinking) that a melee just handles without worry.

I get bored really easily. I hate this about me, and this usually leads to me wanting to heal, but then my fears kick in about dungeon healing and people freaking out when everyone dies because they rush and I freeze up because I don't have enough time under my belt to react to things or LoS.

Most of all, I want to have fun and be able to help others enjoy the game in the process.

LF Guild Proudmoore.

Have a wonderful week all!

P.S.
    Alliance but I can reroll -- no biggie.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never asked the question. Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    You never asked the question. Druid.
    Lol, you're right.

My question was, based on info above, out of those three classes, what seems like the best pick for me.
    ty

None of the information you've given really points towards one class over another.

By "sustain", do you mean "sustained dps over time", or the ability to sustain yourself (your HP) while soloing in the open world or pvp? If it's the second one, WW has a lot of self-healing thanks to the Afterlife passive which gives you healing bubbles when you kill mobs. Not that it matters in the end as you'll quickly get so geared that any spec will be fine for soloing.

If you mean sustained dps on the other hand, enhancement shaman and assassination rogue are quite consistent while WW and sub rogue are quite bursty. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter much in most PvE content except perhaps some encounters where being bursty allows you to abuse vulnerability windows to get a relative advantage over more consistent specs. Note that enhancement is quite distinct from rogue and WW in Legion because their short-term damage is dictated more by RNG while sub/assassination rogue and WW have a lot of control over their DPS.

Any spec is going to be wanted for guilds unless you're in a high-end mythic raiding guild which you're clearly not. Rogue has had a tendency of being wanted in Legion due to their relative utility and rarity compared to other melee specs, however that may not be the case in BFA, and in any case it won't matter for casual raiding guilds.

Hey homegurl,

There's tons of guilds on Proudmoore! Go check out wowprogress com/pve/us/proudmoore to get a feel for some of the dozens of guilds, and then go join one of the Eternal Kingdom raid groups. They're nice folks and pretty newbie friendly.