Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does no one talk about Anduin? Anyone here care about Anduin's character arc?

All I see are Sylvanas threads, now Saurfang threads because he's interacting with Sylvanas.

When Genn is talked about, they only talk about him because of his interactions with Sylvanas, Vol'jins closing & upcoming arc are brought up on the the Forums with...you guessed it, Sylvanas.

Does anyone care about Anduin? Is anyone curious as to what he will do in this expansion at all, of how he'll interact with the other leaders? Or are Alliance players actually more interested in the Horde narrative and Sylvanas than thier own stories and central characters?

Is it a fault of his character not being interesting in the least or what exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What’s to say about him? His reign has been boring and he’s easily manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What’s to say about him? His reign has been boring and he’s easily manipulated.
    But that's actually compelling storytelling. The Alliance went from a strong, battle-hardened, and charismatic if brash king to an untested boy who so relies on his advisors that he's willing to risk the very world he KNOWS the Void wants to corrupt in order to sate Genn's misguided bloodlust.

Anduin is a deeply flawed character. The question becomes: Will he rise above them, or damn us all?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Anduin was interesting when his flaws actually were flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But that's actually compelling storytelling. The Alliance went from a strong, battle-hardened, and charismatic if brash king to an untested boy who so relies on his advisors that he's willing to risk the very world he KNOWS the Void wants to corrupt in order to sate Genn's misguided bloodlust.

Anduin is a deeply flawed character. The question becomes: Will he rise above them, or damn us all?
    They haven't shown any of his flaws in a visible and meaningful way. They actually show him as easily manipulated and then just drop the subject as if they never intended to make him look that way.

There is actual story occurring between Sylvanas and Saurfang that can be discussed. At this point, to talk about Anduin would be largely speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just a dull, Mary sueish character. Least his dad had flaws that made him interesting.

Varian stood on his own in making decisions, if he were alive he'd be able to relate to someone like Saurfang better then any other ruler. As people have noticed, Anduin to heavily dependent on other leaders telling him what to do, so even now he's not developed enough to stand his ground
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-03-17 at 08:58 PM.
    #boycottchina

What's there to discuss? Generic good guy does generic good guy things and never, ever shows moral ambiguity or any reasoning behind his actions beyond "I am the goodest boy-king!"
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    All I see are Sylvanas threads, now Saurfang threads because he's interacting with Sylvanas.

When Genn is talked about, they only talk about him because of his interactions with Sylvanas, Vol'jins closing & upcoming arc are brought up on the the Forums with...you guessed it, Sylvanas.

Does anyone care about Anduin? Is anyone curious as to what he will do in this expansion at all, of how he'll interact with the other leaders? Or are Alliance players actually more interested in the Horde narrative and Sylvanas than thier own stories and central characters?

Is it a fault of his character not being interesting in the least or what exactly?

I have nothing against Anduin.

He just hasn't done anything interesting lately.
    Here is something to believe in!

Your question is answered in his comic.

I like Anduin and always have but there's nothing to talk about with him until he either fucks up in a big way that gets somebody important and/or a lot of people killed or the few flaws he has are brought to the forefront.

I did like him a lot more in MoP as a cripple though. He should have been like FDR. A lover of peace that's a surprisingly effective wartime leader, inspirational as fuck public speaker, and overall great guy that could barely walk or do much of anything on his own. Not running around in heavy armor dropping mooks like it's going out of style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced blizzard doesn't know what to do with him. That's why they had someone make a comic with a future glimpse of him as an old king, to create the pretence they have it all worked out.
    #boycottchina

when blizzard gives you this

but then gets bored and gives you this

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Your question is answered in his comic.
    The expectation of the vision was that the fight against the Legion when it finally returned would take decades, but the Legion is now done for. Velen's vision was for a future that now will never happen.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-03-17 at 09:19 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The expectation of the vision was that the fight against the Legion when it finally returned would take decades, but the Legion is done for now. Velen's vision was for a future that now will never happen.
    It wasn’t a vision. It was a time skip. It was also heavily implied to have been a moment before the last fight with Void.

Whats there to talk about some boring, whiny, generic ''everyone must love each other!'' kid who has no experience in both fighting and politics, ending up letting other people do everything for him. Actually, people will talk about him when his relationship with Wrathion is brought up...

From what we seen from the spoilers Anduin is and will be a very very important character in wow universe, in the future he will be the leader or one of the leaders of Army of the light against the void, will he do some mistakes till he learn and get experience ? 100% but one thing is a fact, he will rise above all the challenges he will face and lead Alliance till old age

Never understood this hate for Anduin, I presume he been young and naive in a world of war is one of the reason, in my eyes that is a fresh breath of air in this ugly yet beautiful world we call worldofwarcraft, i find Anduin an interesting character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    FDR.
    lover of peace
    Lol, just lol.

OT: Anduin is really the epitome of everything I hate about Warcraft. He's just a boring character in general, with few, if any, intentional flaws. If the Alliance are happy with him, that's fine I guess; however, as a Horde player, I want nothing to do with him. He's just boring, and he can't be salvaged at this point.

I love Anduin, so yes there is one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I have enjoyed watching Anduin grow up. I feel like I know him as well as I know any character in WoW. I remember when he was a kid at Bolvar's knee. I remember when he his father first trusted me to guide him around Stormwind. I remember chasing him across Pandaria. And I remember his crisis of confidence when his father died.

The growth of Anduin is one of the things I feel they are doing right so far. I hope they can continue to strike a balance. Let him make mistakes, but let him grow into a very effective king as well. I don't want him to be perfect, and I don't want him to be weak either. I want him to learn from mistakes and continue to grow over time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"