Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That T column is looking like a solid place to bet for a winner at this point.
    Was my thoughts, with P being the least likely to go.

McCabe kept memos on Trump conversations
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ump-fbi-469097

Andrew McCabe, the former FBI deputy director fired on Friday night, kept memos detailing his interactions with President Donald Trump, according to a source familiar with the matter.

McCabe was terminated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions ahead of a forthcoming inspector general's report that has found he lacked candor when speaking with investigators about his disclosures to the media. But McCabe has connected his firing to what he describes as a broader campaign to discredit him given his likely cooperation with Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe of Russian electoral meddling and Trump's firing of former FBI Director James Comey.

The 49-year-old bureau veteran's move to memorialize his interactions with the president adds a new wrinkle to the circumstances behind his firing, which leaves McCabe's pension in jeopardy and raises the still-unanswered question of whether he will pursue legal action. The news was first reported by the Associated Press.

McCabe has passed the memos on to Mueller’s team, according to a second source briefed on his decisionmaking.

In an interview with POLITICO before his firing, McCabe recalled "a series of interactions with the president" in May — "the night that Director Comey was fired, the next morning on the phone, that afternoon in person, and then about a few days later when I was interviewed for the job of permanent director. In every one of those interactions, the president brought up my wife."
    Jill McCabe lost a 2015 campaign for Virginia state Senate in which she received nearly $500,000 in contributions from the political action committee of then-Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D-Va.), an ally of Hillary Clinton. The media disclosures at the heart of the inspector general report into Andrew McCabe's actions stem from reporting that discussed whether McCabe should have recused himself from Clinton-related investigations in light of the contributions.

"In one notable case, [Trump] referred to her as a 'loser'," McCabe said earlier this month of the president's comments concerning his wife. That reference was made on the phone, according to a January NBC News report.

"But typically he would say, he would refer to her and her campaign as ‘that problem’ I had, ‘that mistake’ I made. And of course I disagreed with him each time he referred to it that way, which I’m sure he did not appreciate."

Comey also kept memos of his interactions with Trump, which sparked a court challenge from media organizations seeking their public release.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-17 at 11:37 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    So homeboy learned fuck all from when he fired Comey. You would think there was just one person in the room that was like "okay fire him, but did you check him for memos yet?"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So homeboy learned fuck all from when he fired Comey. You would think there was just one person in the room that was like "okay fire him, but did you check him for memos yet?"
    Right, Trump has just fast tracked his ass to getting impeached/arrested.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    "okay fire him, but did you check him for memos yet?"
    Should have been more like "Before you fire him, try to remember: did you threaten him at any point? Say, suggest you were going after his wife? Because that would be obstruction of justice."

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Well shit

He's not even on my Bingo card

You're screwed on the bottom row, and the right column. Kelly might happen, but Sarah Sanders is the best thing Trump could have possibly asked for. She's everything Trump wanted Spicer to be but wasn't.

I'm not kidding, she's in the top three in the category of "People in the administration doing what Trump wants them to do," maybe even number one.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-03-18 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You're screwed on the bottom row. Kelly might happen, but Sarah Sanders is the best thing Trump could have possibly asked for. She's everything Trump wanted Spicer to be but wasn't.
    I.e. "facile idiot".

Here's the thing about being an idiot; you're invariably going to fuck up in such a way that your stupidity is no longer an asset. Once Sanders says or does the wrong thing under pressure then she'll be out like her predecessors.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2018-03-18 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Here's the thing about being an idiot; you're invariably going to fuck up in such a way that your stupidity is no longer an asset. Once Sanders says or does the wrong thing under pressure then she'll be out like her predecessors.
    She seems to nail her role perfectly. Even under pressure and unpredictable questions.

I think she'll be here to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    She seems to nail her role perfectly. Even under pressure and unpredictable questions.

Yeah, you said as much about the Trump administration being good for the country right up until the debt spiked. So I'm not going to take your 'assessment' with any degree of seriousness.

Leave political science to liberals, sweetheart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

I say in my Morgan Freeman voice "I agree with the second part."

Sanders knows she's a professional liar. Sometimes she retreats behind "the tweet speaks for itself" sometimes she tries to pass the question to another source. However, the true test is What He Meant Was. She's put herself in a position, when Trump says something like "let's raise the age of gun ownership to 21" or "let's have universal background checks" or "shithole countries" she has to get between Trump's words and reality, and try to form a bridge between them. Bridges only work well when they have a firm anchor on both ends. Sanders is making some half-decent piers, diving boards, and a cul-de-sac. But if you watch her press conferences, and you actually listen to how reporters ask questions, there's more and more "But that can't be right" or "But that's not what he said" coming from the press.

She's not leaving. She has something to prove to Daddy. But she knows this is the last job she'll ever have.

So, she's paid to lie? Because every time she opens her fat mouth, she lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not enough cyanide?
    No one found his phylactery.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    "Rules for the but not for me."

"I don't recall" sessions statement should of been followed by his resignation.
    McCabe would still have his job if he said "I don't recall/let me get back to you" and didn't leak to the media about active investigations. Also, see: How many liberals opposed to Trump actually post lauding an Obama appointee/appointees investigating and recommending the firing. It's just "rules for nobody" on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    McCabe would still have his job if he said "I don't recall/let me get back to you" and didn't leak to the media about active investigations. Also, see: How many liberals opposed to Trump actually post lauding an Obama appointee/appointees investigating and recommending the firing. It's just "rules for nobody" on the left.
    Sessions in his interview did the same and worse, simple unquestionable fact. But now another person his being fired for it now? who (not so) coincidentally is one of the three people comey spoke to about his meetings with Trump all which have been removed.

Keep spinning mr alt bot account.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way that the Trump administration reaches 2020 unscathed (indictments/forced resignations) with some very strategic blocking of Muellers investigation...and I mean the GOP wouldve have to planned something no one wouldve imagined because public outcry alone would be tough for them to silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I say in my Morgan Freeman voice "I agree with the second part."

Sanders knows she's a professional liar. Sometimes she retreats behind "the tweet speaks for itself" sometimes she tries to pass the question to another source. However, the true test is What He Meant Was. She's put herself in a position, when Trump says something like "let's raise the age of gun ownership to 21" or "let's have universal background checks" or "shithole countries" she has to get between Trump's words and reality, and try to form a bridge between them. Bridges only work well when they have a firm anchor on both ends. Sanders is making some half-decent piers, diving boards, and a cul-de-sac. But if you watch her press conferences, and you actually listen to how reporters ask questions, there's more and more "But that can't be right" or "But that's not what he said" coming from the press.

She's not leaving. She has something to prove to Daddy. But she knows this is the last job she'll ever have.
    Can crop all of this but theres a reason why Sanders lasted longer than Spicey. Spicey is a shill but he still has a conscience to contend with. Im not sure if Sanders even has a soul. She gets off on combating the press regardless of context.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm sure fucking McCabe over like that, just to be a dick, won't backfire by pissing off the FBI even more.

Trump continues to prove that he's a complete childish douchenugget.
    this is kinda funny. Obamas guy, the FBI inspector general recommended that McCabe gets fired, but hey lets BLAME TRUMP!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    this is kinda funny. Obamas guy, the FBI inspector general recommended that McCabe gets fired, but hey lets BLAME TRUMP!
    Why not let him retire 26 hours later. Once retired, he would no longer be a threat to Trump. And in 26 hours, probably nothing would have happened. The the firing is a pure vindictive act. You don't use the power of your office to enact vindictive act like that. That's petty, douche and probably illegal.

She only nails the lying part, and even that isn't perfect. If she does what she did with Stormy again she'll definitely be out, so she isn't infallible nor unfirable.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Given that we don't know what's in the report of the inspector let alone what the inspector recommanded the whole case is a huge farce.

Second: Given the track-record of this administration that fires everybody that doesn't bend the knee any Obama era appointed holdover at this point might just be backstabber that are yes men and just emulate the big boss.

In any case the firing of McCabe falls in the same pattern of a vindictive President that goes to goes to a how own 2020 campaign rally and attacks dozen or so people.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be an impossible task for you, but try to think and analyze the situation at hand.

McCabe would have been gone -without incident- in two days.

This was purely retaliatory by Trump to deny him his pension. But here's the problem: Mueller now has full cooperation from McCabe, and there's a looming legal battle, due to the U.S. having these little things called "Labor Laws". Crazy I know.