Lightbulb Theorycrafting - The Wakening of Azeroth and A New Home

(Reposted here, because the main forum apparently doesn't read)

All the following is just theory mind you. Blizzard could throw a curveball at us at any time and is likely to do so. I'm just sharing my thoughts for what can happen in the future after BFA.

We all know that as the story goes, Azeroth is a Titan World Soul like Argus was. She is said to be the most powerful Titan Soul and Sargeras wanted to corrupt her with the Fel and use her against the Old Gods/Void Lords. Weather she's just a living sphere of energy deep beneath the crust of the world or some pseudo-magical 'egg' waiting to hatch, in the end we, her inhabitants are doomed.

We will either die from the war that is inevitably coming from the Shadow / Void and she'll be born or die anyway, OR she will be born or die with us upon her surface and we'll die anyway because I'm sure it's going to be an explosive hyper-magical event. If she does awaken or 'hatch' I'd like this to be called the "Wakening of Azeroth".

Now some even deeper theorycrafting... Whatever Blizz decides to do, if we do survive the next (after BFA) expansion, here's what I think could / should happen.

Remember that we still have a completely live-able, non-world soul planet out there that has yet to be consumed by the Old Gods. (Or as I like to call them "parasites from the shadow" since that's what they are now.) That world is Draenor.

Now, I know the expansion left a bad taste in a lot of mouths because it was rushed and very underdeveloped but hear me out! What if Blizzard finished Draenor and eventually included the entire continent that was the homeland of the Ogres? What if there was more land-mass on Draenor, enough to house the remainder of Azeroth's inhabitants?

I propose that before the Wakening of Azeroth, in a fit of glorious irony, we peoples of Azeroth who were all affected by the invasion of the Orcs, now have to make a new home on Draenor, and share it with the native Orcs? What if we have to conquer the land of the Ogres to survive? Blizzard has some marvelous opportunity here to give us a really cool story.

Now, could they just say, WoW is ending, so let's go out with a bang and blow up the planet? Absolutely, but that would be a real stab in the belly from them. Could Blizz make Azeroth hatch and repel the void lords, giving us all a chance to escape to Draenor and forge a new narrative? Absolutely, but that would require them to make some really hard choices, like abandoning all the work done to Azeroth over 14+ years or repurposing all that space into something on Draenor, like the new continent of the Ogres maybe.

I know this sounds bad for some people because it's not their fantasy, but I do want to hear what you think about MY idea of this end to Azeroth and the new beginning on Draenor.

Why not Outland? I would prefer Outland because I dont like AU concept. Blood Elves were planning to migrate Outland in TBC then their leader lost it (why you would ask...why indeed-TBC Lore scked)

So you would want to make your new home on a floating, radiation soaked husk of a world rather then a thriving, healthy environment?

Deleted
    It's unlikely that the birth of the world soul destroys the planet. Argus didn't destroy Argus. And Titans are all about creation, not destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It's unlikely that the birth of the world soul destroys the planet. Argus didn't destroy Argus. And Titans are all about creation, not destruction.
    argus didn't normally awaken. he was forced out early, after having his power sapped for eons to fuel the legion, in an avatar sized body.

that being said, i would also believe that the planet of a titan doesn't get destroyed. they likely manifest without damaging the planet. but i do feel like the lack of the lifeblood of the planet would negatively effect it.

i would be ok with moving to draenor though. but i'd rather see a new world, elunaria or bonich, or an all new world we've never seen before.

I posted this on another thread a while ago, but it fits with this discussion.

Do we really WANT to save Azeroth / are the Titans' intentions actually evil?
    Azeroth is a Titan. In the lore, Titans are described as "walking worlds...living worlds, their bodies covered in mountain peaks and rivers", meaning when they awaken, they do so as a planet coming to life and then, presumably, reforming into a humanoid shape. If Azeroth wakes up, wouldn't that mean the end of life on the planet and everyone/everything would die?

As for the second part of the title, the Titans' crusade has been to search the universe for more Titans and to "rouse them from their slumber". To do this they would:
    - pacify the world's raging elemental populations.
    - reshape the world.
    - seed myriad life forms across the newly ordered world hoping to call forth the world-soul.

It's this last point that troubles me. Assuming everything does die when a Titan wakes, aren't the Titans knowingly and willingly committing massive genocide by using the life forms that they seed on the planet as fuel to bring one of their own kind into being? That seems awfully sinister to me.

Based on all of this, I predict that we will fail in our attempts to save Azeroth over the course of BfA so that we still have a world to call home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Now, could they just say, WoW is ending, so let's go out with a bang and blow up the planet? Absolutely, but that would be a real stab in the belly from them. Could Blizz make Azeroth hatch and repel the void lords, giving us all a chance to escape to Draenor and forge a new narrative? Absolutely, but that would require them to make some really hard choices, like abandoning all the work done to Azeroth over 14+ years or repurposing all that space into something on Draenor, like the new continent of the Ogres maybe.

I know this sounds bad for some people because it's not their fantasy, but I do want to hear what you think about MY idea of this end to Azeroth and the new beginning on Draenor.
    Honestly, this would be a good place to end WoW and start WoW2 on a new planet with new stories, fresh new graphics, new engine, and all of that. Not sure if it would work for them, from a business standpoint though, as MMO sequels don't typically do that well.

7+ Year Old Account
    We'd go to Draenor!

/WoDPTSDengaged

Deleted
    No please.

I'd rather have Azeroth just building us a new planet to call home or SMH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if she emerged as a pure titan we will be safe, I think our planet would still be normal...titans seem to be able to disembody themselves or they seem to have the ability to simply be a physical body when they need one and that their cradle or home is just a base or sorts like Azeroth titan and Azeroth planet. I wonder what Sargeras's planet looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I think if she emerged as a pure titan we will be safe, I think our planet would still be normal...titans seem to be able to disembody themselves or they seem to have the ability to simply be a physical body when they need one and that their cradle or home is just a base or sorts like Azeroth titan and Azeroth planet. I wonder what Sargeras's planet looks like?
    Yeah this is a good point. Is the mechanism for which titans are born totally established as destroying the world they are born from? Was Argus destroyed (I can't remember)?

It think that they can just come out of the planet and it still remains.

I always pictured it like this. The titan souls existed within these planets floating about creation. Each planet that DOES have a world soul (or alternatively, we'll reach the other possibility momentarily), is seeded with life which acts as it's immune system. Thinking about these worlds as giant eggs or bodies, it makes sense that it provides for it's own immune system, the sentient beings who protect it. Now that Azeroth is wounded by the sword, and after the many ravages of war and cataclysms, she may either die or be born scarred and wrathful. However the story plays out, we're all doomed if she's born in the expansion after BFA. She either emerges as a colossal titan entity like Sargeras out of the planet's very form itself, OR she is a spirit that is born and departs the world as energy like the pantheon.

This leads me to the other possibility that EVERY world has had a titan soul, including Draenor, but Draenor has departed, leaving the world as a gift to it's inhabitants. That's entirely possible.

NOW, as for us. If the planet IS left intact by the birth / wakening of Azeroth, then blizz has a means to keep the world and just end the game / let it fizzle out. I would hate for that to happen and there's A TON of opportunity for us to explore the rest of Draenor or even for them to reveal a new continent on Azeroth, maybe even a third faction. Just saying, I would HATE for us to not explore the rest of Draenor or Azeroth / see them reimagined as new living spaces for existing races. And I personally would like to see a new faction. Azeroth may still have her secrets on the "dark side" of the planet (so to speak).