Poll: How do you feel about playable vulpera?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    First of all, where do you see that they have been confirmed? While I do feel there is a decent chance they will eventually be...there is absolutely NOTHING but speculation on players parts about them becoming an allied race.

-snip-
    The biggest evidence is actually the ChrRaces.dbc database file, which is a database file that contains the full listing of playable and non-playable "character races," as well as flags to determine whether or not they're playable, and, if so, which character creation and selection screens they use and what their customization options are.

None of the strictly NPC races are flagged with character creation details; not even the confirmed Kul Tiran races has character creation details yet.

However, back in early February, the Vulpera race was added to the ChrRaces.dbc database with flags for character creation and selection including customization options and more importantly the Horde character creation glue screen (ID 623714, the Orgrimmar backdrop) as both their CreateScreenFile and SelectScreenFile ID.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Don't ever play an Elder Scrolls game.
    To be fair, before Elder Scrolls Online, the Mer used to be the odd looking races and not the beautiful ones

On topic: I think the model looks amazing, but I'm not really into small races. So I don't really care about them. They feel a little out of place, but I think, that's because we don't know them and their culture. All other races were somewhat familiar, when they were added.

They’re not nearly confirmed at all. Blizzard actually even came out and said that they were adding variety to races and not to read too much into datamining. Is it more likely to happen than Broken at this point? Yes, but Kul’Titans just now got past the possible phase. Vulpera still have a long way to go. I just don’t want people acting like Blizzard cancelled or took something away if it doesn’t happen. You’ve been around this forum... you know that would happen. We have 8 confirmed allied races. That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Yes, but Kul’Titans just now got past the possible phase. Vulpera still have a long way to go.
    Vulpera are arguably already closer to being in a playable state than Kul Tirans. They started getting customization options and even character create and select screen flags in the ChrRaces database back in February, while the Kul Tirans still don't have them yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm an Ally, I dont care.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware litteraly every race has zero grounding in warcraft until that grounding is made right?
    Sigh... the whooshing sound? Point. Flying over your head.

Of course it's all made up. But for 12 years of WoW and however many of the RTS, we had NO FUCKING IDEA there were little fox people. This race is nothing more than an ass-pull because some of you will jack off to anything cute and remotely anime-like.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

Of course it's all made up. But for 12 years of WoW and however many of the RTS, we had NO FUCKING IDEA there were little fox people. This race is nothing more than an ass-pull because some of you will jack off to anything cute and remotely anime-like.
    The problem with your point is that your point isn't very convincing. We've had dozens of races we didn't know about before they were introduced. Why are the Vulpera special?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Secretly hoping they reason they haven't updated Gnolls yet, is to surprise us with Gnoll Allied Race ... of course a joke but if 1 humanoid-ish race needs an update, it's Gnolls...

We got Vulpera, they updated Hyenas, supposedly are in the process of working on Worgen... Gnolls need some love too.

Recently played through Dwarf/Gnome lands and those new Troggs/Yetis make the rest look real bad
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-20 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they stay Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I mean a theme of allied races is giving models to the opposing factions (void elves = blood elves, nightborne = night elves) Vulpera use Goblin models and they frankly feel more Alliance-y to me for some reason, I reckon they will be Alliance, but I don't mind much either way

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it would make sense for Sethrak (who use worgen models for the most part) to go to the Horde
    I wouldn't really say it's a "theme," given that it's only true for two of the eight allied races.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do not care what so ever, but the outrage over it is absolutely irritating with all the nasty behavior being spewed out.

Pretty much this. It's not the furry thing or even the cute thing (though that's a negative to me... things shouldnt be added just because 'omg CUTE'). It's that they have zero grounding in the WoW world and if added it's pretty much a move to cater to the cuteness brigade. Adding existing animal races? Sure because they have grounding in WoW. Dreaming up stuff and adding them... eh.

EVERY expansion LOADS of stuff that has no basis is added to the game. That's how the story of a game progress, by making new lore. That's always been the case. Why do people freak out when something is new and cute.

- - - Updated - - -

And? We are going to new locations, makes sense there will be things there that we haven't encountered before. Those blood sucking tick things? Those are new, why arne't people throwing a fit over that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

They are alliance right?

Wouldnt make any sense for horde imo.

I think they are a bit over the top, we already have gnomes, was there a need for foxes? Would have preferred a better sub race

im happy but honestly who cares if they hate a fox goblin?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd make a few to make some people irrationally angry
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    I'd make a few to make some people irrationally angry
    What would you name them to enhance the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'd play one if they can be hunters with a mechagnome pet. Give survival a wrench transmog, and I might even play that.
    Ok now I am sold
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like them but instead of complaining about them/asking for them to be removed, I'll do the normal thing and just not make one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between them living in the deserts of voldun, being small humanoid furry creatures, and the datamined caravan models they remind me of khajiit. Khajiit are awesome, therefore vulpera will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    They are alliance right?

Wouldnt make any sense for horde imo.

I think they are a bit over the top, we already have gnomes, was there a need for foxes? Would have preferred a better sub race
    From the data-mining so far, everything points to a very possible Horde allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoo View Post
    Between them living in the deserts of voldun, being small humanoid furry creatures, and the datamined caravan models they remind me of khajiit. Khajiit are awesome, therefore vulpera will be awesome.
    Don't forget Argonians (Sethrak).
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals