Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cheap ass vodka and Sunny Delight.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Cheap ass vodka and Sunny Delight.

[IMG]https://tyronetribulations.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/sunny-delight.jpg[/IM]
    Bro thats cheating. Like mixing with Gatorade or Pedialyte

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    It's St. Patrick's Day, and I'm in the mood to get plastered. Trouble is, I have enough cash for exactly one bottle of cheap booze ($10 or less) and 1 or 2 juices/sodas to water it down enough so I don't gag. I can't drink booze straight - if I try, I will immediately puke it up. I have to trick my gullet into accepting it, and that means watering it down with something sweet and/or fruity.

I need some new ideas; yes, there is Google and plenty of sites that have cocktail recipes, but the problem is, I can't tell by reading a recipe if it'll mask the bite of the booze enough to go down smooth enough for me. I'd like some personal recommendations. Does anyone have some ideas for decent, affordable cocktails that will absolutely have me good and hammered and drunk-smack-talking trade chat by 1am, but not kneeling over a toilet bowl and puking?
    Doesnt sound like the healthiest endevour but...

Bottom shelf vodka + pineapple juice, mix it 20% vodka to 80% pineapple, you wont taste even a hint of booze :P Just make sure its grain and not potato vodka. Ofc that also requires you to like the taste of pineapple But nothing masks alocohol quite like it.

Source: Pointless diploma in coctail bartending :P One of the first tricks we learnt were what masks what in terms of taste :P

and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Cheapest drunk is vodka and oj/cranberry juice. Cheap vodka you can make tolerable by using coffee filters and pouring slowly through them. It won't taste great, but better than before.
    First time I hear this, can you explain me the thing with the coffee filter?

Blue Curaçao + Sprite, tastes like a piece of heaven, usually you'd mix in tequila/vodka but you can skip that bit

10+ Year Old Account
    For cheap? Vodka, coffee, chocolate milk. Sweeten to taste if necessary, but I suggest using natural sweeteners -- some kind of sugar or honey -- and not something like Aspartame. Since you aren't going for subtlety, go with a stronger vodka, or if rum is cheap in your area consider rum instead. Depending on what you have on hand, you can fancy it up with chocolate syrup, coconut milk, even a slice of ginger.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Getting all 3 with less then 10 bucks isn't too easy. Even super cheap bottle of gin is going to eat up almost half if not more. Now you could go with some shitty Tang type of OJ and maybe spend a buck or two, so that leaves you trying to find vermouth for under 3 bucks, good luck. They also said they needed it to taste good because booze makes them vomit, which runs counter to cheap OJ and gin. Of course with 10 bucks cheap is the only option.
    oh, I thought you meant for just a glass haha. Yeah full bottle of good gin is like $40, with vermouth running $12-15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    Once again: Very few (meds) actually clash with alcohol.
    The ones that do (e.g. acetaminophen) are exceedingly common though.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I'd say a mojito, but that's a few extra ingredients despite white rum being the only expensive ingredient (and OTC mint syrup usually tastes awful, make my own with fresh mint). Someone did mention Fireball whiskey and apple juice, that's pretty decent for a budget drink... they even sell this mixture at Disney World!

10+ Year Old Account
    1x Bottle of Cheap Vodka 1 liter - $8.99
    1x Pack of Green (Lime) kool-aid - $.25
    1x gas station hot dog - $.75 (Grab a bunch of sugar packets while there for the kool-aid)

That's about the best you're going to do with ten bucks.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Grain alchohol
    Kool-aid mix
    Water
    1:4 grain:water, add kool-aid until supersaturated (can't dissolve any more powder).

Scales up very nicely, in my college days one of my neighbors stole a Gatorade dispenser from one of the events, and mixed an entire vat of it. Had half the campus drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    @jimboa24 Inquiring minds must know! What did you try and how did it work?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Jack (or Capt, Johnny, Jameson, Kraken - any Whiskey/rum) + Coke. Rinse and Repeat.
    I second this. My poison is Rum and Coke.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Grain alchohol
    Kool-aid mix
    Water
    1:4 grain:water, add kool-aid until supersaturated (can't dissolve any more powder).

Scales up very nicely, in my college days one of my neighbors stole a Gatorade dispenser from one of the events, and mixed an entire vat of it. Had half the campus drunk.

Don't you have to worry about poisoning with industrial grain alcohol?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Purple Jesus ,grape juice and vodka!
    Of course if you wanna get smashed without drinking you could always go the whole alcohol Enema route with some weak spirits

If you mean alchohol poisoning, yes, which is why you dilute 1:4 with water.

If you mean poisoning like "It will make you blind", no, that is not the type of grain alchohol I am talking about - I am talking about grain alchohol for human consumption, sold in a liquor store.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see them saying anything about industrial. Stuff like Everclear, etc. is termed "neutral grain alcohol".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I don't see them saying anything about industrial. Stuff like Everclear, etc. is termed "neutral grain alcohol".
    This.

The drink is commonly known as jungle juice, at least in the local parlance here.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @jimboa24 Inquiring minds must know! What did you try and how did it work?
    I ended up getting some bottom shelf vodka and mixing it with orange soda and pineapple juice. It went down pretty good; I got a nice drunk off it and no hangover or puking.