Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't laugh at things like this, but sometimes life can be really ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm not saying he expected to get anyone in particular in this case. I'm just arguing against your suggestion that he targeted any white people in his attacks when all his specific targeting was of minorities.

I'm not sure why you care so much if it was racially motivated and are so adamant at arguing that it wasn't. Really says a lot about you as a person.
    What does it say, tell me with words Mr. High and Mighty.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

If it's true then good riddance, but it would be more prudent to wait and be sure and to also catch any copycats...so I'm a little disappointed they released his identity so soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Eyeball Sanders -- the bomber was not a terrorist. Nothing to see here people. Just another American who died protecting his country.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...xas-explosions

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/...xas-explosions
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    watch your oxidizers kids
    thanks satan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    In related news, the 5th explosion in Austin was reported to NOT be connected to this bomber. that was just some left over MILITARY ORDINANCE being turned in at a GOODWILL.

Only in fucking Texas man.
    why the fuck would you turn that in to Goodwill? Did they mean to turn in somehting else and forgot it was there?

Otherwise...sheesh. classic backwoods Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    why the fuck would you turn that in to Goodwill? Did they mean to turn in somehting else and forgot it was there?

Its not even the backwoods!! This is Austin, one of the fastest growing, progressive, advanced cities in the country!

./boggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

People use it as decorations. Most likely didn't know it wasn't properly dealt with before becoming a decoration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    People use it as decorations. Most likely didn't know it wasn't properly dealt with before becoming a decoration.
    'Here you can see my family photos, this one is great grandma, heres one of granddad from the war....OH and here are the grenades he carried up the beach, and a landmine he dug up in France...OOOh look at this, this is Billy's first baseball glove.....'

./smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not quite the explosive ending people were wanting.
    Damn... I was beaten to the punch on this one.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Damn... I was beaten to the punch on this one.
    Guess i lit my fuse before you.

Sometime people just have to clean out an apartment after a tenant dies or flees in the night, etc. You just take the boxes or w/e and dump them off at Goodwill, nobody thinks to check.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm not saying he expected to get anyone in particular in this case. I'm just arguing against your suggestion that he targeted any white people in his attacks when all his specific targeting was of minorities.

I'm not sure why you care so much if it was racially motivated and are so adamant at arguing that it wasn't. Really says a lot about you as a person.
    actualy, before he blew himself up, to acknowledge that its not racial motivated was important for a very specific reason. because EVERYONE was in danger and EVERYONE needed to be on guard. if you were white and thought you were safe, just becasue you were white? you would be less cautious and more likely to get hurt.

now that he is dead, danger still remains that he may have sent out more bombs before killing himself. but of course its easier to just accuse people of racism, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Blacks and Hispanics actually.

Considering the bomber was white and all of his targets were minorities it does reek of being a hate crime.
    In before "tragically mentally unwell, we should really improve mental health services".

I'm a little disappointed that he self-detonated... and it didn't go off because he hit a pot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    actualy, before he blew himself up, to acknowledge that its not racial motivated was important for a very specific reason. because EVERYONE was in danger and EVERYONE needed to be on guard. if you were white and thought you were safe, just becasue you were white? you would be less cautious and more likely to get hurt.
    How would people be more on guard? Can't call the police every time you see a package on your doorstep...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    According to Eyeball Sanders -- the bomber was not a terrorist. Nothing to see here people. Just another American who died protecting his country.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...xas-explosions

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/...xas-explosions
    terrorism has a specific definition. this could have been terrorism, but it also might not have been.

until we know his motive, there's no way to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

he didn't seem to have a specific target. he laid a tripwire trap at a location, there's no way he could have known a black or hispanic person would trip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always think death is too good a punishment for these people. If anything he took the easy way out.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    How would people be more on guard? Can't call the police every time you see a package on your doorstep...
    you can not open it and make sure you verify that its something you absolutely positively were expecting. I mean.. i order online all the time, so it would be stupid easy for someone to sneak a package in, becasue i'm almost always expecting packages, and i tend to just open them normally.

you could be a little more careful about watching where you are going in case there are any more trip wires.

the point is. immediate jumping on "its racial hate crime!" does no one favors. and btw, i'm getting a lot of my information from someone who actualy LIVES in Austin, gets LOCAL coverage and is VERY liberal, very VERY black lives matter, etc. not just as a show. for real. there are a lot of racially motivated injustices in US. it doesn't immediately mean that this one was. therein lays danger and complacency.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you can not open it and make sure you verify that its something you absolutely positively were expecting. I mean.. i order online all the time, so it would be stupid easy for someone to sneak a package in, becasue i'm almost always expecting packages, and i tend to just open them normally.

you could be a little more careful about watching where you are going in case there are any more trip wires.

the point is. immediate jumping on "its racial hate crime!" does no one favors. and btw, i'm getting a lot of my information from someone who actualy LIVES in Austin, gets LOCAL coverage and is VERY liberal, very VERY black lives matter, etc. not just as a show. for real. there are a lot of racially motivated injustices in US. it doesn't immediately mean that this one was. therein lays danger and complacency.
    They way you describe how someone in that area needs to act to safeguard themselves. Highlights why this should be considered as terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.