Deleted

How to win Kotmogu

Ok so I am on a realm where Horde normally wins in bgs, the exception seems to be Kotmogu. We just seem to get roflstomped every time. What's the strat here? i have noticed the horde are generally quite 'passive' and don't get the orbs because 'someone else will' and we end up losing.

Everyone gets it the pit. Stay grouped. Try to maintain two orbs. Kill order: healers > orbs > anyone else.

Get the orbs yourself, ask others to do the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    This just happens to be one of the few battlegrounds that seem to be split on who wins. IOC & AV are Alliance dominate while Horde dominate the others. The two with the carts and Kotmogu are the ones that seem to split win rates.

Deleted
    Well in my experience AV is split as is the gold mine valley one, however we dominate silvershard.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    2+ orbs in middle, and teamwork on defending/healing. Instead of 10 people spreading thin in each corner, getting 3 v 1 bursted due to orb extra damage taken.

But it can still be pretty 1 sided depending on amount of healers or "tank" classes per team too, as well as mobility. Or 0 coordination to begin with.

Deleted
    No bullshit, if I play Kotmogu on my Moonkin I can force a victory almost all by myself.
    Just keep running around the edges of the basin and focus hard on the orb carriers, one-shotting them easily.

I win almost every Kotmogu match, unless it's against a Russian premade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always head for orbs and contribute a great deal to my side's victory point total by doing so. Once you have the orb just head to the biggest pile of your own faction's players you can find on the map. Regardless if they are in the middle or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's one I tend to win the majority of the time because I always make sure I have an orb. If you have a team that likes to do the same, you will easily win. It seems like a lot of people are scared to grab one though cause I see many people just walk past them even after its called out to go grab them.

you pretty much own pve, most of pvp and you moan about one battleground? seriously? they should rename this game to world of horde and be done with it.

Deleted
    Pick orbs and keep spamming the bg chat for people to grab orbs. Most people tend to get focused on random fights and ignore the orbs. Also when you have an orb try to stay out of fights when stacks start to build up.

Generally if orbs are up, pick them up, if not kill enemy orb carriers, if your team has all orbs try to protect them.

You lose because people are running past orbs and not picking them up, fighting random dudes around the map and the most funny one, people picking orbs and going straight to the middle, even when middle is controlled by the opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    Ok so I am on a realm where Horde normally wins in bgs, the exception seems to be Kotmogu. We just seem to get roflstomped every time. What's the strat here? i have noticed the horde are generally quite 'passive' and don't get the orbs because 'someone else will' and we end up losing.
    I know your question is geared more toward random BGs, but played at 2.2k+mmr RBGs for the better part of the past 2 months or so while pushing hero, and there really is only a few strats that can work consistantly, but depend on both your team and the enemy teams comp. I wont get into the minutiae of what classes to bring and how to counter x,y,z, but can provide some basics of what you should be doing, and when. because as we all know, temple games can end real quick if youre caught on an early split rez.

1. may be a bit obvious, but bring 2 dh's to orb carry. the ability to kite and bait between 2nd lvl and the pit is unparalleled. warriors running triple leap are not a terrible pick either, for they can leap out of the pit, and can LoS around flower boxes well

2. once you grab two orbs, push into the enemy team, while your orb carriers chill in the back row. the goal here is to open hard on their team, and have their healers blow CDs, at which point you have your rogue smokebomb a healer, and your DPS HARD switch to an orb carrier. with one of their healers incap'd by your rogue, exploding one orb carrier should be a cake walk, just make sure you are cross-CC'ing the other two healers during kill. at this point, you have essentially won the game...but need to follow a few important things in order to not have the tables turned.

3. get three orbs, and STAY second level, fuck the middle, for now. we will get there soon, but don't rush the mid drop, or else you could really fuck your team and get caught on a nasty perpetual split rez for the remainder of the game(because people like to be heroes, trickle in and die instantly)

4. the goal here now is to kite around the entire second level, while HARD switching to their mindless melee as they try and push into you. Rogues MUST die first, always. DH eye's x2 every 30 second should keep their rogue irrelevant. as you mow down their DPS that is trying to push in, make sure your orb carriers are always one step ahead of the kite, meaning your 3 orb carriers should be in the backrow, pushing the opposite direction they enemy is coming from. again, dont let rogues sneak up on you, and save trinket/darkness for the inevitable bomb you will find yourself in.

5. once you have established a 300-400 point lead and have them wiped, hop into the very middle of the pit with your head on a swivel, and dont let their ranged tee-off on you from the edge. their hero melee will drop in and try to swifty macro you, just delete them as fast as possible in mid. again, with the rogue your top concern. you're TC need to be a boss, recognizing who are the major threats, as well as hero enemy healers that try and solo heal while waiting for their comrades to rez. just delete them, fast.

6. at this point in mid, your attention should be on 3 things. 1, where are they spawning from so you can position your 3 orb carriers on the stairs(with a safe kite path). 2, where their rogue is. and 3, to have your ranged on the second tier ST'ing their balls off, getting ready to peel to orbs IF your orb carrying teammate should drop.

other notes: having a stealthy kill squad in a boomy/rogue is a great idea, just establish it before the game starts so they can be on the same page. if your carrying an orb, and are at high stacks with your cooldowns ready, ffs go AGAINST your better judgement and do NOT jump into the middle of team fight in hopes of getting a one-shot kill. chances are your going to be hard swapped to, nuked, and fuck over your whole team. have seen so many fellow DH's with several stacks try and be a hero and long-meta/blur/darkness into the team fight and get erased. best to just hold onto your CDs, and wait for their trickle and be cheaky and NUKE an over extender instead, if its safe, then quickly LoS the rest of their team. a hero ain't nothin but a sandwhich and you could be the very reason your team loses if you try and be one. witnessed it toooo many times.

thats about it tbh, just be careful when facing insane mongo ST comps like DHx3, MMx2 etc etc, and know that if your are out comp'd teamfight-wise, that you reeeeally need to huddle together for epic peels and CC during your kite.

above all else, make sure you have a competent TC, orb carriers that have spatial awareness and can foresee the next 10 seconds in every direction, literally, or shit could get really weird, really fast, and you'll continue to loathe Temple. I used to hate it, now it's one of my favorite BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Everyone gets it the pit. Stay grouped. Try to maintain two orbs. Kill order: healers > orbs > anyone else.
    no, not at all. this is the common misconception which people religiously THINK is the right thing to do, but will promote your loss faster than anything.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2018-03-22 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    you pretty much own pve, most of pvp and you moan about one battleground? seriously? they should rename this game to world of horde and be done with it.
    How is he/she moaning at all? OP is simply asking for strategy suggestions. Maybe you should read your own comment and stop moaning yourself.

OT: Don't just blinding go into the middle once you get an orb, only enter the middle if your faction controls it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    this depends actually, sometimes killing an orb holder may be way easier than killing the healer due to the insane bonus damage taken holding the orb, especially if they have 2-3 healers.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have less idiots than the opposing team.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

In a random BG stay out of the middle unless you completely dominate the other team.
    There's no way to get out of line of sight down there and it's a LONG way to run to pick up orbs.
    In a Random BG you'll almost always win by having 3 orbs and you'll almost always have 3 orbs if your team stays on the second level and are able to kite around corners and pick up orbs FAST.

get orb, go mid, die, reez, get orb etc. if no orb is up cc healers (unless high stacks) and kill orb carriers.