Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    I cannot see integration ever being possible. Not when i myself had to chase an Arab dude out of my house with my sword, while my mother was laying on the ground nearly dying of a heart attack.
    Why not? My country was founded and made great by integration. The most powerful nation in the history of humanity was made so by dozens of different ethnicities, races, and cultures coexisting.

I cannot see integration ever being possible. Not when i myself had to chase an Arab dude out of my house with my sword, while my mother was laying on the ground nearly dying of a heart attack.
    You probably should have told the tabloids, sounds like just their sort of story
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Generally when people here are talking about immigrants, it's arab or african immigrants they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Refugees who are taken in for purposes of protection? Yeah, when they commit crime it's fucking worse than when others do it, because the reason they're applying for asylum is because of these kind of things being widespread in the regions they've fled from and then they come here and do the same shit they supposedly "fled from"? No, fuck off.
    They fled from "freedom" bombardments not from rape... It is not fair to see it as worse when it is committed by a foreigner or someone local. Because it shows that for you, they are not the equivalent of local people (they do have a different background). But what makes it unfair to see it that way is that you have not contributed to "the greatness" of the country you live in. The only difference between you and a migrant is where you have been born. You assume that all the great land you live in was yours.
    We are all western citizens living in a nice land that has been built by other people so we have no right to see people who was born with less fortunate heritage as inferior. (I still think we should screen them and deport the criminals but we should see them as equal as us). Their luck of getting accepted in our country is the same luck we had of being born here.

My only question is... why does this thread have the Horde icon? Not cool, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Refugees who are taken in for purposes of protection? Yeah, when they commit crime it's fucking worse than when others do it, because the reason they're applying for asylum is because of these kind of things being widespread in the regions they've fled from and then they come here and do the same shit they supposedly "fled from"? No, fuck off.
    Thank you.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No, it's more about someone who is spitting in your face for helping them.

Example, if someone stole my Car I would be pissed
    If I invited a homeless person into my home to help them and they stole my car I would be REALLY pissed.

See the difference?
    The thing is you did not help anyone. You are born in "greatness" (western country) others have been born elsewhere. Greatness gave you a nice quality of life and you have never done nothing to contribute to greatness. Today greatness wants to help other people and you are mad because you assumed greatness was yours. You think you are inviting people and feeding them. but you are not. The only difference between you and a migrant is that you were lucky enough to be born at x place.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    My only question is... why does this thread have the Horde icon? Not cool, man.
    Because i play horde and Every thread i make har that Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You said immigrants, everyone that moves to a country is an immigrant. If I moved there, I would be an immigrant there.
    Yeah,but we all know which origin we're talking about here

If I said immigrants without precising,yeah,I'm in the wrong,but I didn't (I try to be careful with that as it's a dangerous generalisation)

Still,I should have been more precise

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why not? My country was founded and made great by integration. The most powerful nation in the history of humanity was made so by dozens of different ethnicities, races, and cultures coexisting.
    USA ? No offense but your country was made great by Europeans who moved there. All others were slaves until 100 years ago and were still being considered inferior until 40 years ago... All the different races and ethnicities have started co-existing only recently. You also might want to tone down a bit the whole "most powerful nation in the history of humanity". ;p
    For the Glory of Mankind

USA ? No offense but your country was made great by Europeans who moved there. All others were slaves until 100 years ago and were still being considered inferior until 40 years ago... All the different races and ethnicities have started co-existing only recently. You also might want to tone down a bit the whole "most powerful nation in the history of humanity". ;p
    Which nation was more powerful? Now, I may not agree with many of the things my government has done, but their power is undeniable.

As for integration and coexistence, it was those white Europeans who were doing the oppressing. In America's history, they were largely the problem for strife.

Rape everywhere should be met with the death penalty. The post was about a European country and when i hear about our women getting raped in European soil i see red, especially since lately Europe has been under constant attack, because let's face it it is under attack whether we want to call it like that or not.
    The crimes against humanity in Syria and the general surrounding area are atrocious, but their population CANNOT be absorbed by European cities, they cannot suddenly adopt the Western lifestyle, they have been bred to think that women are inferior, they cannot change.
    And that is precisely the kind of rhetoric that prevents us from having constructive conversation about this topic in the first place. It is why you will find many in threads like this seeking to not give too much credit to any such information given.
    Let's just call one side left and one side right, since that is usually how it goes.
    "Refugees have trouble integrating. Crime rates are higher among immigrants. Most recent rape convictions were for immigrants." Those are statements that people should be able to agree on. There is a problem, and it should be solved. However, it is not getting solved because the public discourse has become too mired in those two sides squabbling. Technically, they both agree that an issue exists and needs to be tackled. However, on both sides you will often find extremists. Those who say 'all immigrants have to be good, if something goes wrong, we are to blame'. But also those who say 'all immigrants are evil and we need to get rid of them'. That is just how it is.
    Now, for most on the left side of the issue, their extremists are easy to discard. There is evidence that we have problematic immigrants, so if one is rational enough, it is easy to see how the more extremist statements are wrong.
    However, the latter part is harder for those inclined towards the right side of the issue. Why? Fear. Humans are designed to fear the stranger by default, of course. And when you know that there is a group of people in your country that has rapists in it, but you cannot tell at a glance whether those you see are part of that subgroup, it is simply far easier to be wary of all of them, instead of giving them all the benefit of the doubt.
    And that, then, leads to the popularity of sweeping generalizations. Take yourself for example. Do you really think that absolutely no one can change? Certainly, you know people who have changed, who are acting in ways opposite to what they were raised with. And yet, here you are, asserting that the population of the Middle East, all of it, is unable to change, unable to adopt, and all think that women are inferior.
    I am not trying to be insulting or anything, especially not patronizing. It is far too easy to say these kinds of things with smugness and have everything descends just into bickering. I try not to. I likely fail at it, since I am just human. But I understand, truly understand that it is much easier, instinctive to act that way. Heck, I know that I myself, if I pass a group of hoodlums - immigrants or natives - I check my pockets just in case. We are all just humans.

But, if we let generalizations guide us, we will never have constructive discourse. You will see it here in this thread. We cannot have it until both sides simply agree on the facts. And I mean, really agree.

Those who dislike immigrants need to fully acknowledge that the vast majority of immigrants are just normal people that do not raise a fuss and abide by the law.
    Those who welcome immigrants need to fully acknowledge that not only a minority of immigrants does horrible stuff, but that the ratio of those who do is higher than it is in the native population.
    No Buts, no Ifs, no excuses. We have those facts. If we constantly try to down- or overplay them, we get nowhere. Because we are so focused on either pushing our view of the issue on others, or prevent their view from being pushed onto us, that we cannot actually try to resolve the issue at the heart of all.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You probably should have told the tabloids, sounds like just their sort of story
    I called the police while he was inside our lawn. He was trying to enter through a large glass-door that we have by banging on it with a pot. The moment i saw my mother white as death, i literally lost it, grabbed the katana, which isnt made for use, but it can very easily kill if need be, and went out (dont know what i would have done if he had stayed honestly) to scare him; I started yelling like a fucking madman while showing him the katana and he started running in fear. I'll never forget that day man.
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Yeah, sadly swedes didnt get the memo that they and aftonbladet havent engaged in proper journalism since early 2000's.

Dagens Nyheter, Svenska Dagbladet, Sydsvenskan, Skånska Dagbladet, Hell even Metro. There are better newspapers than those two trainwrecks.

Edit: To be fair to them, they dont report anything that is fake. But they are HEAVILY biased and angled in their reporting :P They basically thrive on reporting as if the sky is falling, because bad stuff sells more than happy stuff.
    That is not fake news though and they are still not even near the levels of many UK and US newspapers.
    Also - Metro? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    The thing is you did not help anyone. You are born in "greatness" (western country) others have been born elsewhere. Greatness gave you a nice quality of life and you have never done nothing to contribute to greatness. Today greatness wants to help other people and you are mad because you assumed greatness was yours. You think you are inviting people and feeding them. but you are not. The only difference between you and a migrant is that you were lucky enough to be born at x place.
    I don't have to be born in a "Great country" to figure out rape is wrong.

Deleted
    I would like to hear these guys trying to explain their thoughts and actions, must be crazy inside their heads. They might be psychopaths, so their brain function in diffrent way or something.
    No idea what Sweden can do with this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't have to be born in a "Great country" to figure out rape is wrong.
    Everyone knows it is wrong. It is as wrong if it is committed by someone or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    Because i play horde and Every thread i make har that Icon
    But this isn't related to the horde... unless you say orcs punting gnomes is also immigrant crime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If I moved to Sweden I'm rather certain I wouldn't need to be taught how to not hurt people nor do most immigrants.
    The typical liberals and multiculturalists only want immigrants who need to be taught such things.

1) intentionally import as troublesome immigrants as possible
    2) defend them ad absurdum to show off how tolerant and progressive you are
    3) call everyone who oppose your idiocy racists

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
    The typical liberals and multiculturalists only want immigrants who need to be taught such things.

1) intentionally import as troublesome immigrants as possible
    2) defend them ad absurdum to show off how tolerant and progressive you are
    3) call everyone who oppose your idiocy racists
    That's a rather bold assertion.

Personally, I just support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. Nationalism runs counter to all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Which nation was more powerful? Now, I may not agree with many of the things my government has done, but their power is undeniable.

As for integration and coexistence, it was those white Europeans who were doing the oppressing. In America's history, they were largely the problem for strife.
    Well yeah it was natural because the rest of the world were undeveloped. I don't condone racism or slavery obviously, but if you are a Spaniard Conqistador or a Dutch Sea Fairer and you find a land full of undeveloped humans so different than you it leads to where it did sadly.
    But the choices especially during the second world war that led the USA into controlling most of the trade routes (the ones that belonged to the British Empire and thus grow into a superpower) weren't made by african americans or asian immigrants and most certainly not arabic immigrants.
    For the Glory of Mankind