Post Am I the only one who was hoping for 10 man raid in BfA ?

Me and my friends are so nostalgic of the 10 man raid format. Do you think there is any chance we see that again in the future ?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, lots of raiders prefered the 10-man mythic simply because it's much better to manage 10 raiders... But we know that Blizzard loves (god knows why) this 20-man thing.

Alas, you can do what the overwhelming majority does and avoid Mythic Raiding like the plague that it is. Maybe if it's playerbase shrinks even more they'll look at the format again and adjust to 15 or 10-man or whatever.

As long as they don't pull another coven and agrammar type fight, you could easily do 10-12 man groups next expac probably. We did lots of split tomb runs. For mythic, I also hope for 10 man. Would make progression a lot easier, more personal

Well, I was hoping to go back to 40 but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Swap View Post
    Me and my friends are so nostalgic of the 10 man raid format. Do you think there is any chance we see that again in the future ?
    I mean, you can grab 2 tanks, 2-3 healers, and a smattering of dps and do that today with flex. The system supports it. Except you don't have to sit that one extra friend who wanted to come along if you happen to have 11. Flex is fantastic.

Obviously that doesn't count for mythic, but mythic is a different animal anyways.

Probably not. Not enough people working on that content to find time to balance it.

Deleted
    Yeah literally the only one.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping you from raiding with ten or however many people? Mythic isn't for you, Mythic was never for you. Go do Heroic, same experience as 10m raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What's stopping you from raiding with ten or however many people? Mythic isn't for you, Mythic was never for you. Go do Heroic, same experience as 10m raiding.
    Did you not play before WoD? Are you high? Some people want the higher difficulty but with a more tight group of 10 people instead of having to have 20 with 6-7 people that are essentially carries.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Did you not play before WoD? Are you high? Some people want the higher difficulty but with a more tight group of 10 people instead of having to have 20 with 6-7 people that are essentially carries.
    Yeah I did play before WoD. 10m was always a joke compared to 25m beyond some oddities with a tier or two back in WLK days. Mythic is so far beyond anything that was ever 10m. If you want an experience similar to 10m raids just go do Heroic with 10.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Well, lots of raiders prefered the 10-man mythic simply because it's much better to manage 10 raiders... But we know that Blizzard loves (god knows why) this 20-man thing.
    Because they can make certain assumptions about raid composition that simply don't work for 10 man. Like they told us.

It's not some big mystery.

Deleted
    10m was way better to play than with 200 pets and shit melee that makes your dps drop by 50.

Yeah I did play before WoD. 10m was always a joke compared to 25m beyond some oddities with a tier or two back in WLK days. Mythic is so far beyond anything that was ever 10m. If you want an experience similar to 10m raids just go do Heroic with 10.
    ??? Why was 10 man a joke? Was it a joke because you didnt have 8 people being carried in order to reach the 25 man number? Some fights were harder on 10 man and some were harder on 25. So what?

I think 15 is a good middle number. Enough to have every class and can use a 2-4-9 comp which is usually pretty popular by heroic pugs and is 3 party groups.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-03-22 at 08:15 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ??? Why was 10 man a joke? Was it a joke because you didnt have 8 people being carried in order to reach the 25 man number?
    It was a joke because it was hilariously easy compared to 25m. Remember that time that really great Finnish guild couldn't field enough people for 25m so they decided to faceroll 10m and became completely irrelevant and faded into obscurity because 10m wasn't competitive at all?

It was a joke because it was hilariously easy compared to 25m. Remember that time that really great Finnish guild couldn't field enough people for 25m so they decided to faceroll 10m and became completely irrelevant and faded into obscurity because 10m wasn't competitive at all?
    "couldn't field enough people"

"great guild"

Now do you see the problem? If one raid was "faceroll" then that was a balancing issue.

I should have specified that our group is all about end game content and as always be. For some reasons a roster of 10 - 15 players is just much more manageable.

Yes, you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

Alas, you can do what the overwhelming majority does and avoid Mythic Raiding like the plague that it is. Maybe if it's playerbase shrinks even more they'll look at the format again and adjust to 15 or 10-man or whatever.
    It has been explained a fkton of times why bigger and fixed raidsize is better. If you still don't get it...fine. But please don't blame blizzard again for something that actually makes sense.
    Also this is a MMORPG. Like MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER you know? Sure, it is work to keep a 20-ppl-raid going. Sure recruitment means NOT just spam the forum, but to browse sites like wowprogress and actually recruit the players you need. Sure, it means you have to communicate and put some work into it. And that's absolutely fine.
    If you are not willing to do this just accept not to raid mythic. It is so easy to raid nm/hc even with pugs. Just imagine how it was when there was NO LFR, no nm/hc and just 40-ppl-raids.

*drops mic*

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

"great guild"

Now do you see the problem? If one raid was "faceroll" then that was a balancing issue.
    Aww that's cute. They were pretty much the best guild in the world for quite some time, their problem was that they only wanted Finnish players which is why they couldn't field enough. So they swapped to 10m rather than change their recruitment requirements, and then they faded into obscurity because 10m was faceroll. Nowhere did I say that only one tier or only a couple tiers of 10m were faceroll. They all were. 10m raiding was basically what today's heroic pugs are.

I should have specified that our group is all about end game content and as always be. For some reasons a roster of 10 - 15 players is just much more manageable.
    End game content, 10m raiding. Pick one. This game has never had 10m raiding as challenging content. If you wanted challenging endgame content when 10m raiding was an option you raided 25m. If you want 10m raiding that's roughly on par with how it used to be, just raid heroic with 10 people. There you go. Problem solved. Mythic isn't for you, it's tuned for the people that were doing actual difficult endgame content at the time ... 25m heroic raiders.