Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Today, Donald Trump will betray you by signing this budget. This is the end of the wall, you do realize? It puts a pittance towards some wooden and wire fences and zero dollars towards concrete fortifications. Far from $20 billion or $50 billion, its $1.6 billion for some politically popular agreed upon security miscellany.
    Gotta go one step further.

The budget contains $641 million for fences. Not The Wall. Fences. Should cover about 33 miles.

The rest goes to non-barrier tech including culverts, like the culvert that fucking murdered an ICE agent.

Even by Trump's best estimates, The Wall will take over 3 years and he's asking $25 billion. There is nothing even remotely like that in the budget deal he will sign.

"But he threatened to veto -- "

That he will sign.

Government shut down would be this Saturday... The 24th? 1 day before the stormy Daniels 60 minutes interview... Donald Trump's sock puppet ain't ready for this. Set your DVRs
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    Government shut down would be this Saturday... The 24th? 1 day before the stormy Daniels 60 minutes interview... Donald Trump's sock puppet ain't ready for this. Set your DVRs
    Trump's going to whine prior to signing it. On TV.

He wanted attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    Expect a full weekend of Trump tweeting from the toilet while eating cheeseburgers.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Expect a full weekend of Trump tweeting from the toilet while eating cheeseburgers.
    we should get a poll going on what we believe will be revealed
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

AP reporting that he's going to sign this. As expected the baby wanted attention

https://twitter.com/AP/status/977228314753544192

BREAKING: White House official: Trump to sign $1.3 trillion spending bill hours after tweeting he was considering veto.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    AP reporting that he's going to sign this. As expected the baby wanted attention

https://twitter.com/AP/status/977228314753544192
    @Ghostpanther and @Stormdash

Your President has betrayed you. Your President' the weakest President in the last 120 years, is probably not even in the top 10 of most powerful people in Washington at this point. He said deal making was easy. He was not involved in this bipartisan budget deal and hates the results. How did that happen? Because he's a conman that you bought into.

The Wall is dead. And good riddance to that racist as fuck, premodern idea.

*pisses on its grave*.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What are the odds of them doing a 180 and say they didn't want the wall at all?
    Trump said he's signing it "due to national security concerns"

10+ Year Old Account
    He was not involved in this bipartisan budget deal and hates the results.
    Could not be more important.

Trump did nothing, nothing, but try to blame Democrats for the DACA he ended, and still insists The Wall is warranted. He did nothing to make either happen except tweet about it.

Deleted
    The budget passed Congress by huge margins. 246-167 in the house, and 65-32 in the Senate. Close enough in both houses for an easy Veto override if Ryan, Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell twist some arms. And that should not be surprising, because the 2018 omnibus is the exact same as the budget bills of the past 7 years, just plussed up for a few things here and there.

In fact, if anything, it resembles the Democratic/Republican 2 year deal struck in late 2015 that this Omnibus, the first step in the more recent 2 year struck last month, suceeds.

These budgets represents the consensus of Congress, which rules the purse.
    This is key. Congress will not hand over budgetary power to the POTUS. If Trump does slam down his veto, I'll be damned if Congress doesn't overrule that veto with a resounding majority to show the public that they are their own power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Trump said he's signing it "due to national security concerns"
    Making him either a liar, or IMPOTUS. Pick one. Neither trait is redeeming.

Deleted

Your President' the weakest President in the last 120 years
    What makes you think he's not the weakest in 240 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He did nothing to make either happen except tweet about it.
    I'll take it, just stick to tweeting, 24 hours a day of "executive time".

They've already tried to shift gears from the actual concrete Great Wall of Trump to a "virtual wall" that is cameras and drones in some parts, despite being earlier informed that such a "wall" would be vastly more effective than their envisioned concrete monument to xenophobic racism. They went there when it became clear that the great concrete affront to humanity and american ideals would never be built.

So pretty damn good chances of that I'd say. These are extraordinarily dishonest people.

The wall's always been one and one thing only as we decent folk know - a monument to keeping America White as it browns. It was never about it "working", only about the symbolism of a great big closed door that says "Whites only" being built around the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh yeah also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    How is Breitbart going to react to Trump wanting more DACA support and spending?
    Breitbart is dead. Their visitor statistics are racing to the bottom even faster than Trump his approval ratings.

Actually, they have already taken the next step, by saying that the wall was never an actual wall, and was just border security and immigration reform. That play was already made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What makes you think he's not the weakest in 240 years?
    Presidents from Andrew Johnson until McKinley were extraordinarily weak while Congress was extraordinarily strong in the post-Civil War period. New technology, increased wealth, and continued centralization in the decades after the Civil War gave birth to the "strong" Presidency around the turn of the 20th century.

Prior to this, Lincoln was famously strong, but Presidents 30 years prior to him were weak as well as Congress was strong.

It's entirely possible that, historically speaking, the events I mentioned in my prior posts, as well as the mismanagement of the War in Iraq, Katrina and Financial Crisis was the start of a shift back in power from the Executive Branch to the Legislative after a century of strong Presidencies, particularly since the Great Depression. It is likely that whoever was President #45 would have been comparably weak, but THIS weak is very unexpected, and a state of affairs because Donald Trump has no idea how to mass and wield power.

I think it would be a very good thing for the country to see decades of a weak President and a strong Congress.

Make ALL the stupid, idle threats you don't deliver on!

Watching Trump talk now.

This man is beaten and weak. This Presidency is a joke. His supporters are... I don't even have a word for it.

Trump supporters, you now back a man who legitimately allowed himself to have his balls cut off on international television in the last few hours by two Democratic and two Republican legislators who made decisions on behalf the country absent involvement of the President.

These are all the excuses and whines of a man who is a prisoner of his position, at the mercy of greater powers, who doesn't want you to realize the great neutering that just happened..

And to make things even better, this Omnibus has more Russia sanctions in it too.

Lastly, I say "allowed" because by taking a position that was a loser from the get go, Donald Trump set himself up to lose. There were about fifty different better political angles to do this from than the way he did.

Oh hey and a cameo from SecDef Mattis, for whom this is Christmas.

Deleted
    https://www.politico.com/livestream1

For those who want to join in on the fun.