10+ Year Old Account
    Overstock of the 88? I know fuck all how gas pricing works

https://www.tmj4.com/news/i-team/new...on-at-the-pump

KwikTrip markets E15 under the name "Unleaded 88," a reference to the octane level of this blend of fuel.
    On the pumps at KwikTrip, E15 is sold in the space that used to dispense 89 octane gas.
    But "Unleaded 88" actually sells for a few cents less than the 87 octane fuel that comes out of the same pump.
    The only thing explaining all this is a little orange sticker identifying "Unleaded 88" as E15.

Crap I drive a car made in 2000. Hope I didn't fck my car up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    The orange warning label clearly states E15 is only for cars made after 2001.
    But a warning letter from the Wisconsin DNR goes further, telling consumers to "consult the vehicle's owner manual to determine whether using E15 will affect its warranty."
    Adding to the confusion is a federal law makes it flat-out illegal to use E15 gas in a list of engines.
    E15 is off limits to motorcycles, buses and delivery trucks, off road vehicles, boats and snowmobiles, as well as yard tools like chainsaws, snowblowers and lawnmowers.

ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely. Problems with ethanol are largely confined to small engines (where the issue is usually the fuel tank) and marine (same thing).

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Fuck I'm so glad I drive a penis around town.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The orange warning label clearly states E15 is only for cars made after 2001.
    But a warning letter from the Wisconsin DNR goes further, telling consumers to "consult the vehicle's owner manual to determine whether using E15 will affect its warranty."
    Adding to the confusion is a federal law makes it flat-out illegal to use E15 gas in a list of engines.
    E15 is off limits to motorcycles, buses and delivery trucks, off road vehicles, boats and snowmobiles, as well as yard tools like chainsaws, snowblowers and lawnmowers.

ouch.
    Heh, the worst that (will probably) happen is the Check Engine light turns on.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

As someone that's dealt with engine issues before...(like a lot of us I guess) I hope so for his/her sake.

most older cars run better on diesel. It lubricates the internals better than regular gas.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I would not say it's that straightforward that only after '01 it works with no issues and earlier models become time bombs. As far as I know the capability to handle higher ethanol concentrations depends vastly on the manufacturer and model of the car (or engine, if you wish to nitpick). I guess the biggest possible concern is the fuel line, mainly the hoses and gaskets on it, whether they handle the ethanol well. There should be some compatibility charts available around the internet to see if your model is suitable for this kind of petrol.
    Legal matters are different discussion then, however hardly going to be a problem unless the E15 has some color additive (doubt that).

88 is a lucky number for Chinese motorists .

Is there lots of Chinese immigrants in your town ?

Normal Americans can go to 87 as well