Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyu make sense in terms of themes and the general feel of them for Alliance. Only thing that might be against them is the skeleton they use(Night Elves). I mean if they could tweak them to be slightly different I'm ok with that). If the Horde equiv of them is Hozen. It might be jarring at first for the Horde but I think ppl got over it in Mist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    I knew I missed a class, editing it in now.

Also I don't see why they can't ride both mounts. The crab can just be the big war mount they use and obviously doesn't tred on the fishing mount's toes with the unique water walking aspect.

I'm not sure what Hunter pet they would start with, water strider seems obvious but they are BM only which wouldn't work. Goblins already get crabs, Pandaren get turtles, maybe a croclisk?
    They could easily start with a water strider. Nightbourne start with a cat that is usually bm only so they have shown willingness to make an exception

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    A lot of fish don't have sexual dimorphism anyways, they could just use those for the females, too. Fish really don't need boobs, thanks.
    They'll halve the width of the limbs, smear fish lipstick on their faces, pierce their fins and have tits the size of their head if Blizz added female jinyu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappyzilla View Post
    They could easily start with a water strider. Nightbourne start with a cat that is usually bm only so they have shown willingness to make an exception
    Actually the Nightborne use a 'Cat' version of the mana saber, it's not a BM spirit beast.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=saber2_blue

Manasaber 20
    Nightborne hunters start with this pet. This is the only mana saber that isn't classed as a Spirit Beast.

This in itself proves the BM only limitation on starter pets.

There is nothing even remotely similar that the Water Strider could be classed as other than itself.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-03-25 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    They're probably on development. It's too bad to miss that opportunity.

First, they're evolved murlocs that can communicate. Second, they're sea creatures with legs, unlike nagas. Third, they have a consistent appearance, unless nagas (Lorewise, they're abominations and each naga individual is an amalgamation of deformations)

They are already in Alliance's ranks and are known enemies of the Horde. Hozen are its parallel, and they appear in Island expedition, so they're highly probable to come off as the next pair of allied races in the first or second big content patch.

Deleted
    They would be able to speak Murloc aswell

mrgllmrgllmrrglll

I don't understand some players obsession with wanting to add races that less than 2% of the playerbase would ever want to play.

With Jinyu on the Alliance surely Gorlocs wont be far behind!
    and Wolvar for the Horde of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I don't understand some players obsession with wanting to add races that less than 2% of the playerbase would ever want to play.
    Better than adding elves. Also sorry, but speak for yourself. Jinyu is the only race that makes me overthink playing BFA. It's the race i've always wanted in WoW, and with Allied Races they would fit perfectly.

And no, Hozen is not possible, because of the skeleton.

I don't see the Hozen happening, they're just not humanoid enough.

The Jinyu would just spark more of the "eeew furries!!" and "pandering to SJW's!!!"-crap, but I wouldn't be opposed to having them. The difference between the genders could be fins, skin color options, some facial differences etc. No tits needed, although the males clearly have features associated with humans...

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    And who exactly do you think would play that ugly thing?

Especially without a pair of big bouncing tiddies.
    Well, I don't know about playing as a Jinyu, but I would re-roll as a Hozen.

I don't understand some people's obsession with trying to determine how many would like X based in nothing but their own feels.

Do we REALLY need more Blood Elf variants or Humans? Because those are the most played... Pandering to a majority =/= doing what's good for the game long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Better than adding elves. Also sorry, but speak for yourself. Jinyu is the only race that makes me overthink playing BFA. It's the race i've always wanted in WoW, and with Allied Races they would fit perfectly.

And no, Hozen is not possible, because of the skeleton.
    Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Blizz adding hundreds of different races for players to choose from. Choice is a wonderful thing. My concern is for every new race that has a completely different skeleton requires Blizz to update every single existing armour piece to fit it. That's a huge amount of hours spent creating extra armour sets that could be spent elsewhere. Not to mention all the extra different racials they have to consider when skill balancing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't see the Hozen happening, they're just not humanoid enough.

The Jinyu would just spark more of the "eeew furries!!" and "pandering to SJW's!!!"-crap, but I wouldn't be opposed to having them. The difference between the genders could be fins, skin color options, some facial differences etc. No tits needed, although the males clearly have features associated with humans...
    You can still give female Jinyu feminine bodies without breasts.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Blizz adding hundreds of different races for players to choose from. Choice is a wonderful thing. My concern is for every new race that has a completely different skeleton requires Blizz to update every single existing armour piece to fit it. That's a huge amount of hours spent creating extra armour sets that could be spent elsewhere. Not to mention all the extra different racials they have to consider when skill balancing etc.
    Racials are unbalanced anyway, so no need to balance anything. Armor Fits... i don't think it's as hard as you think. I think the main work for armor fits are the skeletons, not the races. Since they use existing skeletons, they can reduce the work to a minimum. For example: Dark Iron Dwarves or Void elves: no need to refit anything.

Jinyu might a bit work to do, especially for the helmets, but beside of this i don't see much need of refits.

They no longer use the same old systems, so I don't think you have to worry about their efficiency. Look at the Vulpera. Based on the Goblin skeletons, yet with differences in animations, symmetry and face rigging. No entirely new skeleton built needed.

But furthermore, they do what they want with their game, and they clearly feel that going all out on art assets and giving players options for how to customize their character is worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think is the one race I wouldn't want to play if made playable =/ Just not excited about having a goldfish (yes I know it's actually a koi) head on a night elf body. Especially night elf male body if the requests in here to not have a separate female model were to happen. Curious what it is people like so much about the Jinyu though so feel free to educate me on the hype.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Any Ideas on racials?

The obvious ones are water breathing and swim speed.

Maybe a passive that gives you Xalatath like whispers periodically when touching rivers/sea/ocean (water speakers). And probably a targeted bubble that grants levitation and waterbreathing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I think is the one race I wouldn't want to play if made playable =/ Just not excited about having a goldfish (yes I know it's actually a koi) head on a night elf body. Especially night elf male body if the requests in here to not have a separate female model were to happen. Curious what it is people like so much about the Jinyu though so feel free to educate me on the hype.
    They have interesting lore, they are Murlocs, they are an aquatic race, they look cool, they have a voice modulation, water based themes are very rare for playable characters.

Give these to the Alliance and the Sethrak to the Horde. That'd be p sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Racials are unbalanced anyway, so no need to balance anything. Armor Fits... i don't think it's as hard as you think. I think the main work for armor fits are the skeletons, not the races. Since they use existing skeletons, they can reduce the work to a minimum. For example: Dark Iron Dwarves or Void elves: no need to refit anything.

Jinyu might a bit work to do, especially for the helmets, but beside of this i don't see much need of refits.
    Yep I'm no expert on drawing armour for models, but just thinking about the multitude of existing armour that's already in game and they are adding more every year seems like a hell of a lot of work. Imagine all the clipping if it's not done right. Think about every single animation the character does when fighting, dancing or casting. Every armour has to fit perfectly for every movement, if there is the slightest clipping then players lose their shit.

Of course, I'm referring to brand new models like Jinyu or Vrykul. Not the cheap ass reskins like void elves and dark iron dwarves which would take no work at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They no longer use the same old systems, so I don't think you have to worry about their efficiency. Look at the Vulpera. Based on the Goblin skeletons, yet with differences in animations, symmetry and face rigging. No entirely new skeleton built needed.

But furthermore, they do what they want with their game, and they clearly feel that going all out on art assets and giving players options for how to customize their character is worthwhile.
    Okay then that's fair enough. If it's not a big deal then yeah, more races the better.