Poll: What do you think will be the reactions?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    You know that there is a thing called transmog, right?
    That's a piss poor excuse and one that Blizzard doesn't even hold themselves to. A big issue brought up back in cata when tmog was introduced was "Why would I ever wear new gear?" and the response was they would continue to make new and better items.

This is feedback, certain people don't like the idea of one visual set per armor type, the solution is not "use older stuff" the solution is don't regress to this. We want new class unique armor. I especially want it for my Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Back in wod blizzard decided to remove tier sets from lfr, it was a failure, less peoples did it and many complained about it to the point that in legion it was swiftly reintroduced; now fast forward another new xpack seem that blizzard completely disregarded this experience and feedback and pushed the change a step ahead removing tier sets completely from the game.

What do you think will be the reaction from peoples this time?
    what a hillarious try to push your negative point of view to ppl. lol.

where is the „ppl will be happy, to have more than 4 slots open for variance“ option, heh ???
    where is the „ppl will be happy, to not be miles behind in dps, just of bad luck with 4pc“ option, heh ???

most ppl i know, HATE gaering in Legion because of:
    - head locked 4pc
    - neck locked Legendary1
    - shoulder locked 4pc
    - back locked Legendary2
    - chest locked 4pc
    - wrist free
    - hands locked 4pc
    - legs free
    - feets free
    - ring1 locked with mostly only 1 BiS option
    - ring2 locked with mostly only 1 second BiS option
    - trinket1 locked BiS without question
    - trinket2 locked BiS without question
    - wpn locked Artifact

3-5 slots where you can have variance. what is fun about that ? nothing.

dying of set bonus is maybe the best change in raiding since vanilla.

hillarious.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-03-26 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    We'll probably still have set appearances, just not bonuses, hell they can even add class sets as cosmetic appearances that are drops from raids. And I'm actually glad that they're going away.

It's not fun to get gear upgrades for a slot but not be able to utilize it because it breaks a bonus. Or to not be able to use pieces from the current tier until you get 4 pieces because the bonuses from the previous tier are so much better.

People will obviously complain, threaten to quit or to stop raiding. But people already do that with just about any change, nothing new.
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2018-03-26 at 10:48 AM.

I voted "No one will care, nothing change", but there's an option missing: "people will be happy about it".
    I don't like to be forced to use 930-935 tier pieces and keep 945 counterparts in my bank because I need the set bonuses..

It's not fun to drop something better but being unable to equip it because you need a bonus set.. Also come classes need old set bonuses, forcing them to use old gear of 1-2 tiers ago.

Better remove it if they can't manage to keep it balanced

I'm not bothered about the tier set bonuses, but aesthetically I'm going to miss each class having its own themed set.

The art team can incorporate the theme of the raid AND the class into each set. What we have seen so far is pretty bland considering how much less work the art department have to do now (that goes for levelling/dungeon gear too)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I don't mind the removal of set-bonus', but I'd still love to see 'sets'.. As a non-raider / transmog farmer, I pretty much only cared for the looks

On topic, I don't think it'll have much of an impact.
    Same. For most of Legion I have mostly played to gather tier looks and given no thought to actual stats. Removal of tier set bonuses is a good thing.

How thick are you people? It has nothing to do with removing set bonuses, it's so they can churn out vanilla looking sets to reduce development costs.

For those of us who live in the real world, look at the direction WoW has taken in all aspects since the start of Warlords, everything points to reduced budget and costs - understandable given the subs have tanked and other games are more profitable. Blizzard Exec's care about $$ so will invest it where it returns.

Since Ion - who absolutely doesn't dramatize or just blatantly lie on the Q&A streams - took over:

• Let's remove Flying (obviously over-turned)
    • Let's elongate the time it takes to level, no-one argues levelling was bad, but 60% exp increase, mhm.
    • Remove tiers sets, consolidated into 4, one for each armour type.
    • Allied races, which is basically cut and paste with 3 new colours.
    • Ranks to professions, like we really need three ranks of every item.
    • World quests - this does add repeatable content, which is good, but new quests - other than the ones we did to level would help.
    • Rep gains are pitiful, 75 rep per quest.
    • Mounts now come in random loot boxes, hey like a month to get exalted wasn't enough.
    • Two million gold mount - get farmin' yo.
    • Let's release content earlier, in an alpha state to the PTR - so it spends longer on there - we still won't listen to feedback, but it looks like we rolling content out faster.
    • Last year long content drought, promise...
    • Let's add quests where just kill mobs to fill a bar, story is over-rated.
    • Let's put personal loot in raids, so it takes 1/3 longer to gear up.
    • Let's take all your abilities away, then drip feed them back, because we listen!

Pretty sure the motto is "if it ain't broken, fix it!"

tier sets arnt going away just the set bonus

i for one wont really miss them.... as for most, there is too much lockout for gear atm

4x tier
    2x tier
    2x lego
    1x trinket

doesnt leave alot open to upgrade... and makes getting new gear a dissapointment alot of times

for example my ilvl equiped is 968 but bagilvl is 976 , now i have nothing to complain, but its still kinda meh getting gear wich is basicly beter ilvl/beter itemization , but i cant equip it because set bonus too valuable

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they do endanger things to go the way of raids no longer mattering. But it depends a bit on how good rewards you can get from mythic + dungeons. Say current ilvl 940 from them isn't particularly exciting but the titanforging system keeps it relevant to run through many. In BFA they are gutting TF proc-chance (booo!) and should the base ilvl be as crappy as the 940 equivalent in BFA, theres will only be score chasers that will run many m+ dungeons and the rest will go back to raiding.

Deleted
    It is a total bullshit and pure motherfucking anus mundi drift perforated by Lizzard people themselves. They just can't get any more clear with 'oi gits tis be filler exp'. It is cheap and vile like a rainbow that lost one of its colours. Complete bastardisation of beauty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Back in wod blizzard decided to remove tier sets from lfr, it was a failure, less peoples did it and many complained about it to the point that in legion it was swiftly reintroduced; now fast forward another new xpack seem that blizzard completely disregarded this experience and feedback and pushed the change a step ahead removing tier sets completely from the game.

What do you think will be the reaction from peoples this time?
    Worth a note that people complained about lack of lfr tier mostly because blizz uses tier set bonuses to fix underperformed spec's so by locking out tier from lfr they reduced the speed raiders could get there class competitive and locked out a chunk of the player base from having a working spec.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what a hillarious try to push your negative point of view to ppl. lol.

where is the „ppl will be happy, to have more than 4 slots open for variance“ option, heh ???
    where is the „ppl will be happy, to not be miles behind in dps, just of bad luck with 4pc“ option, heh ???

most ppl i know, HATE gaering in Legion because of:
    - head locked 4pc
    - neck locked Legendary1
    - shoulder locked 4pc
    - back locked Legendary2
    - chest locked 4pc
    - wrist free
    - hands locked 4pc
    - legs free
    - feets free
    - ring1 locked with mostly only 1 BiS option
    - ring2 locked with mostly only 1 second BiS option
    - trinket1 locked BiS without question
    - trinket2 locked BiS without question
    - wpn locked Artifact

3-5 slots where you can have variance. what is fun about that ? nothing.

dying of set bonus is maybe the best change in raiding since vanilla.

hillarious.
    Completely agree with you on this, I am so glad to see the end of tier set bonuses.. They were nothing but a pain in the ass made getting an item that was far superior pointless because the loss of the 2/4 set bonus.. And how in some cases some classes previous tier sets would be way better than the newer tier..

And I think that Blizzard were running out of ideas for tier bonuses, when you looked at how crap some of them are/were..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-03-26 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it, but probably won't make much of a difference outside of LFR pop and normal runs.

People complaining about set bonuses tying up slots.. of course they do - that's the fkn point. You have to make a call on what you'd rather have based on a variable bonus which is hard to measure accurately even with sims.

This is not the change that could make me unsub, it's more the series of changes toward the loot system that sucks.

- Reforging gone
    - Gems sockets (nearly) gone
    - Enchants 90% gone
    - Stats oversimplified / One item will have Agi/Str/Int and go fck yourself
    - No tier sets anymore
    - Probably the addition of awesome 2-part dungeon sets like "chance to hit for xx damage when you deal damage"
    - Plus, the interviews we have all around stating that they want to "balance all stats as much as they can to make ilvl more relevant", meaning that whatever stuff you loot, you equip.

That's fast-food stuffing strategy. Stuffing my characters has always been the part I preferred in all games. And this part is becoming so dull I'll probably end up unsubbing.

But it seems that a lot of people are happy with those changes, so I guess it's just me who is out of touch on this one.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-03-26 at 11:40 AM.

I actually unsubscribed because of tier sets. Being a sub rogue at the start of Antorus with ilvl ~950 I had to equip 900 ilvl pants to get the ToS 4 pc. I had items in my bag that were significantly higher ilvl which I wasn't able to wear because the 4pc simmed higher. Wasn't fun at all. Idk what it's like now, though.
    Last edited by dirtyjokes; 2018-03-26 at 12:11 PM.

Instead of removing titanforging RNG slot machine crap and adding back reforging they decided to simply remove the tier sets and dumb down the game even more, nothing surprising. I wonder whats next, selling gear for gold most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Instead of removing titanforging RNG slot machine crap and adding back reforging they decided to simply remove the tier sets and dumb down the game even more, nothing surprising. I wonder whats next, selling gear for gold most likely.
    Sorry but whats the logic behind that? There is a gap the size of grand canyon between removing tier sets and going pay2win.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am glad they are being removed. do you know how bloody frustrating it is to get a massive titanforge on an item from a weekly chest/raid boss/mythic+ chest and not be able to use it because it breaks the 4 set? the only change that Blizz will have to make is factor in the lack of tier into the difficulty of the content and then everything will be sweet
    This is the upsdie for me. However it was nice to switch up your playstyle a bit for each tier, depending on how creatively it was designed. I hope they figure out a way to introduce the set bonuses and diversify them per tier.

Honestly, I've been feeling 'obligated' to get Tier bonuses since about MoP onwards. Before that, the were more fun to get. The Dragon Soul ones in particular stood out, my druid getting a little treant summoned to help with a 'chance on cast' proc, which was fun! An extra 5% damage when X happens, isn't fun or exciting.

I hope that while tier sets are gone, we get some smaller 2-set things (like a ring+trinket) or something with some fun procs. A set bonus that briefly turns you into a raptor or something from a troll raid, for example.

From a gameplay perspective, I think Tier Set bonuses this Expansion have been kinda counter-intuitive to what they're trying to do. Far too many slots have been locked down this expansion, which is a shame considering the addition of Mtyhic+ making 5 man content extremely relevant again. All in all, I think it's an alright change, as it never feels good to downgrade your gear massively and/or never equip a huge upgrade because you need to maintain your 4-Set bonus.

From an aesthetics perspective, I hate it. I'm already bored with the extreme reuse of armor models we've been seeing particularly this expasion, and my worry is that the removal of Class Tier sets will end up with even fewer distinct looks.