Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Everything you just posted sounds terrible and nothing like what WoW is.
    Nice criticism. you didn't post anything though. so I don't care about your opinion.

make the players be at least 18 years old.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would chat with devs the whole time, if my resources were that shitty.

No man is an island. :|
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I have never understood people's irrational dislike of LFR. Seems so silly. If you don't like it, then don't use it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    How I would fix the game.

- new talent system which is the old (classic) talent system with randomized ability and skill-based progression.
    - bring back class identity abilities like corpse explosion on the talent tree, locking these behind very difficult quests.
    - ability to play as a classless hero.
    - pvp servers where you drop your gear upon death.
    - you unlock abilities from dungeons/raids/professions.
    How I would change your "fixes," though:

- old (classic) talent system (for some flavor abilities, gaming world passive effect choices such as +rep, +speed, etc.)
    - bring back class identity abilities like corpse explosion on the talent tree, locking these behind fun & minigame lore-flavored quests.
    - ability to play as a child or citizen.
    - pvp servers where you only have access to one area (continent?) per month.
    - you unlock quests for class identity/flavor abilities from dungeons/raids/professions.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a magic formula, I'm not even smart enough to come up with one, I just want this game to feel like a living world where past xpacs zones aren't forgotten and obsolote and everything that matters is max level content, I think a lot of people that miss vanilla, miss it because even a getting that blue axe at lvl 23 felt great, it wasn't vendor trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Legion's mission table system. I spent maybe 2 minutes max on those a day. Is that really asking too much?
    It likely stems from the WoD garrison table.

That table is going to be hated for the rest of WoWs existence no matter how little time you have to spend on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    make the players be at least 18 years old.
    Shit dude I'll be 33 years old this year and my 13 year old is more mature than me.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I would:

- increase health and damage of all mobs in levelling dungeons (everything up to current mythic) by 50%. Roughly.
    - bring back all class quests and gate abilities behind them
    - bring back class flavour spells eg Thorns, MotW, that mage one that lets you understand all languages
    - rename and remodel the Ashbringer and Doomhammer so that they never get to the player. Instead they pick up some other great Paladin/Shaman weapon. Or they forge a new one
    - have that one portal in the Emerald Dreamway actually function and go to Ashenvale

And most importantly:

- bring back old Sunken Temple
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I love it when super thin skinned people make stupid threads and then throw tantrums about any and all negative responses. It's what keeps me coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don't think I'm smarter than a multi billion corporation that think things through before implementing them. So I will leave that to smart MMO-C posters to fix complicated issues.
    Multibillion dollar corporation: NO MOAR FLYIN EVA!
    *week later*
    Multibillion dollar corporation: Our bad, we'll still have flying

Don't assume people know what's best because of their position.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Legion's mission table system. I spent maybe 2 minutes max on those a day. Is that really asking too much?
    It isn't, but its something people fixate on because of the time-gating (which is annoying, but being removed in BFA) and the over-reliance on missions in Warlords of Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Multibillion dollar corporation: NO MOAR FLYIN EVA!
    *week later*
    Multibillion dollar corporation: Our bad, we'll still have flying

Don't assume people know what's best because of their position.
    Except they never said 'no more flying eva' - your example is hyperbole. They were indecisive about it, and that is a frustrating thing to deal with, but nowhere at any point did they said 'we are never adding flying to Warlords, or to any future expansions.'

And flying was a non-issue in Legion as we were able to start working toward that literally from day 1, and we know that we'll have it in BFA. So its a pretty stupid thing to whine about in 2018.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-04-03 at 09:02 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

There is no magical formula especially now

The game is well and truly in its twilight

Nostalgia wont save it, New players wont save it, Its just a natural aging process and we just need to accept the game is gonna wind itself down even if that winding down process takes years. Nothing blizz can do now will invigorate it unless they do something ground breaking and i got a feeling that must mean VR and us being our characters and swinging our swords and shooting magic out of our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    I have never understood people's irrational dislike of LFR. Seems so silly. If you don't like it, then don't use it.
    *channels the power of a world top 20,000 raider* LFRs presence in the game reduces the number of potential raiders at a higher level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    and i got a feeling that must mean VR and us being our characters and swinging our swords and shooting magic out of our fingers.
    Fuuuuuck no, my lazy ass ain't about to do any kind of arm swinging or leg kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except they never said 'no more flying eva' - your example is hyperbole..
    Actually they did Now I know you'll want me to provide a link and I will, just not right now because I don't feel like it lol.
    My Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    There's this section of the player base that has to scream and cry about any part of the game that they personally do not like. Like children they think if they yell long enough and loud enough, they'll get their way.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Fuuuuuck no, my lazy ass ain't about to do any kind of arm swinging or leg kicking.
    HAHA tbh in 20 years time we wont even need to use our limbs we could just think the moves and the game will be based on how fast our frontal lobes can process the information to take down a boss LOL

the point of the restriction was to limit the scale of changes to things that could be done effortlessly. removing a piece of content could take a day of work removing the creatures, quests, npcs etc related to it. simple.
    Simple yes... maybe.... but NOT free. A day of work would cost a day's wages. Now THAT's simple.

So I don't really care that much about your opinion on the state of the game. If you came into this thread to be angry to the OP at suggesting the game needs fixed then you have serious problems.

Let's say you approached Ion and said "I can fix the game" and he said "Go for it, you have one week"

What would you add/remove/change/bring back to WoW to "fix" the game during this time?

Some ground-rules:

• You have a budget of $0 (free food)
    • You have the internal programs and a week of time on your hands.
    • You can only use assets that exist already, no new assets, music etc.
    • you can bring back features, or create new features from existing features
    • you can use mobs that exist, or modify values and add existing abilities to those that exist.
    • you can change any major part of the game.
    • you can remove or add content as long as it would be a $0 budget

$0 budget = you can't ask for help, you need to do these things yourself. you have access to everything, but nothing new. nobody is going to do anything for you.
    It's not broken it's only broken to people that bitch about it all the time. The game is fine. Y'all need to stop complaining so much. Don't like unsub.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Just wasn't so. Leveling and gearing your "champions"... farming resources in order to do that and send them out. Things locked behind it. .
    This is the key for me personally. There was too much artificial gating - and the "table" was the most used tool to do this. It is especially annoying for alts that may still be levelling up. With all the catchup mechanics around it feels stupid to be at item level 910+ and still be trying to get your champions levelled etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually they did Now I know you'll want me to provide a link and I will, just not right now because I don't feel like it lol.
    I couldn't care less whether or not you provide a link because I know they didn't say that. They never said 'no more flying ever'. They've openly expressed regret at adding flying (and as the game's creators that is their right) and were in doubt about whether or not to add it in Warlords, but they never explicitly said 'yeah this shit's gone moving forward, ya'll need to get used to ground mounts again'.

Literally. Never. Happened.

I don't know if you're trolling, mis-remembering or read some idiot's 'rumor: no more flying' topic and took it as gospel. Its your problem regardless.