Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fucking awesome, expansion release day is on my birthday That'll make taking time off for the launch so much better even, woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tankorr View Post
    Why wouldn't everyone turn PvP mode on when the game releases if the experience gain is better while leveling? What's the risk? Each faction levels on their own continent.
    Because we don't just level on our own continents. You end up going to the other faction's zones around 116 on alpha right now.

Gotta love how the Sky Golem at around 00.07 at the trailer just lags out. Much quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Um, is it going to be ready for it? August 4 is what... 4 months away? Still two first raids missing, unfinished dungeons.

Legion was already testing EN and some NH at this point during it's Beta/Alpha.
    Very nice with it being 4 months out we are probably a month or two before we get the final silithus artifact weapon stuff and then whenever the prepatch comes out probably a month or more before the expansion so should be hardly any content draught at all.

The team isn't 100% sure why players are hesitant to engage in PvP combat. Is it the fact that there is a person on the other end, so they feel pressure and stress, or is it the behavior of the character on the other end.
    How is it you don't have a single person on your development team that understands your PvP community? Is that why it's dying?

People don't like to lose, it's that simple. That's it man.

"I could fight this guy, but I might lose... I'll leave him alone and hope for the same."

And then if they attack you, you have an excuse for losing, "I was leaving him alone! He jumped ME!"

This is why every random-BG match you see then entire team run on the opposite side of the map to get a flag in WSG. Or half the Horde goes Mines in AB because they might lose at LM (ensuring the people going to the Mill DO lose).

You've stripped away so much of the flavor of PvP in order to make it palatable for everyone. Maybe go the other direction?

You will fill up a bar with Conquest Points, earning a weapon or another piece of gear each time you fill it. Every week you earn another piece, and after you completed your set you will build a more powerful set.
    If you are a Gladiator level player, there is still a random loot system that rewards gear competitive with raid gear.
    Does "earning" mean I go to a vendor and pick the item I want? Or is it how the 1500 Honor item works currently? Because I'm genuinely concerned this means you're not understanding why your best expansion since Wrath is simultaneously considered the worst PvP system to date.

When you have War Mode on, you will be put on a shard with only other players that have it on.
    Group finder will only list groups with players that have the same War Mode toggle state as you.
    You can manually group with people that have War Mode off, but you won't be able to see them out in the world.
    So what happens when 90% of your population has that toggled off? You're building a PvP system designed to actively encourage players to avoid the PvP system? As it stands now, when I join players on their PvE server for a Legion Invasion or Raid group, I'm forced to their server's rules. That's fine. But now I won't even see that group? So why would I ever toggle this mode on? I wouldn't even be able to help summon my friends on a PvE server because we can't see a summoning stone outside the instance? How is this an improvement?

It's a voluntary Scarlet Letter that no one is going to turn on.

Turns out Holinka was WoW's version of reddit's Ellen Pao I guess. Turns out they acted a dam blocking a flood of bad ideas, and we got mad at them for the spillover.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    While yes it is overdone, there are reasons for this. Remember the letdown that was Cata? The joke of WoD?
    I also remember the success that was WOTLK, MoP and the most recent, Legion... not to mention TBC and Classic.

People have been acting this way since long before they had Cata and WOD to back them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, good. 3 days before my wife and I leave for Hawaii for 10 days. Yeah, yeah, first world problems, still.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The team isn't 100% sure why players are hesitant to engage in PvP combat. Is it the fact that there is a person on the other end, so they feel pressure and stress, or is it the behavior of the character on the other end.

It's pretty simple; players are more likely to engage in PvP when their victory is most certainly guaranteed, it's as simple as that. That's how it has always been, whether it's gear wise, level wise, or numbers wise.
    - Do you see someone of the opposite faction standing near you? Keep your eye on them. Have they just pulled 4 mobs? Time to hop in because you have the advantage.
    - Do you see someone who has half your health pool? An easy win; go over and fight them!
    - Are you a 110 cruising around a level 30 zone? Might as well kill that lowbie that stands no chance against being one shot.

It's always been that way. There is no pressure, there is no stress, there is no worry about behavior of the other character, it's a simple question with a simple answer: "Is my victory guaranteed?" If yes, PvP happens. If no, PvP probably doesn't.
    I don't pvp because I am sick of looking at the same battlegrounds after 10 years. Why the fuck haven't they got at least a texture update? And why the fuck are ones like AV and IOC so unbalanced. They have had a decade to fix it. AV could be fucking amazing if they put any effort into updating it.

Blizzard lack of effort with pvp is the reason I don't do it. Not because of other players. If blizzard doesn't give a shit. Why should i?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Welp, if you're below like Prestige 13 or 14, you won't hit cap now hahah

I'm happy it's early, I was thinking sometime MID Sept, how wrong I was
    You realize prestige isn't going away, right?

Deleted
    I really like the idea that they're releasing early. So what if they're basically merging the beta with the live launch? It makes a lot of sense and likely means they will be more adaptable to immediate changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyzr View Post
    How is it you don't have a single person on your development team that understands your PvP community? Is that why it's dying?

People don't like to lose, it's that simple. That's it man.

"I could fight this guy, but I might lose... I'll leave him alone and hope for the same."

And then if they attack you, you have an excuse for losing, "I was leaving him alone! He jumped ME!"

This is why every random-BG match you see then entire team run on the opposite side of the map to get a flag in WSG. Or half the Horde goes Mines in AB because they might lose at LM (ensuring the people going to the Mill DO lose).

You've stripped away so much of the flavor of PvP in order to make it palatable for everyone. Maybe go the other direction?

Does "earning" mean I go to a vendor and pick the item I want? Or is it how the 1500 Honor item works currently? Because I'm genuinely concerned this means you're not understanding why your best expansion since Wrath is simultaneously considered the worst PvP system to date.

So what happens when 90% of your population has that toggled off? You're building a PvP system designed to actively encourage players to avoid the PvP system? As it stands now, when I join players on their PvE server for a Legion Invasion or Raid group, I'm forced to their server's rules. That's fine. But now I won't even see that group? So why would I ever toggle this mode on? I wouldn't even be able to help summon my friends on a PvE server because we can't see a summoning stone outside the instance? How is this an improvement?

It's a voluntary Scarlet Letter that no one is going to turn on.

Turns out Holinka was WoW's version of reddit's Ellen Pao I guess. Turns out they acted a dam blocking a flood of bad ideas, and we got mad at them for the spillover.
    you are wrong... World PVP was always just Awful and even in BGS you have Tanks destroying.. all the CC all the Mobility all the Healing.. its just god fucking AWFUL

You think its fun getting ONESHOTTED or 2 Shotted by TANKS ? The whole Balance is a Joke and they didnt even try to fix it. So please they can just go fuck themselves with their Pvp.
    Last edited by mmoceff7c3a265; 2018-04-05 at 02:14 PM.

"The team isn't 100% sure why players are hesitant to engage in PvP combat. Is it the fact that there is a person on the other end, so they feel pressure and stress, or is it the behavior of the character on the other end."

If only they had some sort of way to ask players for feedback on the subject. It could even be officially run by them... there's a word out there that starts with I think F? At any rate they could use this to figure out the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    Because we don't just level on our own continents. You end up going to the other faction's zones around 116 on alpha right now.
    Ah, now that makes more sense.

It also seems to contradict what they said about leveling to max level on your own side and then the zones available to you doubling when you hit max level.

Doubt it will be ready. I don't have any enthusiasm to play - a first for an expansion. They haven't posted a single thing that is new or exciting. It will be pretty much level 10 levels "our way" by doing all the quests - if you don't, no flying for you. Then it will be "do A B and C because we want you to, and if you don't - no flying for you". Some raids, some dungeons, and a new grind.

Token price is going to go up, as a lot of people are like me and see it as not much and don't want to pay cash for that, so are dumping gold. I just brought my bnet balance up over $300 and have tokens sitting in my bag too.

I really hope blizzard will prove me wrong, but I won't be playing bfa at the beginning I think unless I see something awesome. I am sitting here bored to death. I would rather wait a year in and do all the pathfinder shit, have flying and then have some fun with faster catchups on the grinds too.

Blizz is predictable - a 1 trick pony. The game is the same shit in a different wrapper each xpac.

HYPE! That's 3 months earlier than I was expecting!

Super hype!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Blizzard releases Expansion later than expected : WTF SAME CONTENT TOO LONG DEAD GAME FUCK YOU BLIZZ

Blizzard released Expansion earlier than expected : WTF RUSHED CONTENT BAD GAME FUCK YOU BLIZZ

They can literally never win with you people. Grow the fuck up.
    But if we're basing this on what we see on the alpha and their given time line it's to be expected. Class and spec balance specifically are a dumpster fire right now on alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Feels good to be right like usual.

ez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    So basically everyone is invited to beta on 8/14
    "blizz isnt releasing content fast enought"
    "blizz is releasing content too fast"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Blizzard releases Expansion later than expected : WTF SAME CONTENT TOO LONG DEAD GAME FUCK YOU BLIZZ

Blizzard released Expansion earlier than expected : WTF RUSHED CONTENT BAD GAME FUCK YOU BLIZZ

That's a pretty stupid try to argument. Blizzard said themselves they want to release expacs faster than back in the days. With the experience we have with the release of expacs they failed to do this. Forcing a release date just to say "Look, we are faster than ever" is incrediblely stupid.
    They don't even manage to bring the new races into the release. And that won't be the last thing they will have to delay.

you don't actually sound more mature making a post like this, nice try though.

We have a 4 month gap between now and release of BFA, and if you actually played or discussed Alpha you would know why a lot of us are very concerned.