Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    On top of that, the price is hiked up an additional $10 over the Legion CE, probably because of the emblem that I don't care about.
    Oh boy seems like they just add the price...
    $100 for what? Empty box with bunch of codes? Oh c'mon Blizz!!!!

Finally a blue post about pre-order credit. Only been asking gms since day 1 since digital preorders. However this CE seems a little light compared to the past, defintly dissapointed in blizzard with how they treated no feedback with the preorder credit and now this, expected better from them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    screw the artbook it comes with an exclusive novel!? wtf blizzard.
    "Each story includes original artwork exclusive to this edition"

Like three pictures per story??

*Both stories will become available online later this year, but buying the Collector’s Edition will remain the only way to own the exclusive hardback version containing original artwork.

Hmmmm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantrex View Post
    "Each story includes original artwork exclusive to this edition"

Like three pictures per story??
    Even if they have a dozen exclusive illustrations, it's not at all the same.

Each CE artbook has close to 200 pages of concept artwork for its expansion, including cinematic concepts, environment art, and concepts for characters, creatures, and gear.

Basically you're giving up the hardcover artbook for an illustrated hardcover novella, and you're giving up all the other physical goods (BTS DVD, Soundtrack CD, Mousepad) and forking over an extra $10 for a digital soundtrack download code and a big Horde/Alliance emblem on a stand.

Soundtrack not even on CD - meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but 100$ is far too expensive for a physical CE without anything physical inside...

I already purchased the digital delux version which was $69, in addition the extra $30 I will be spending on this will get me the soundtrack (digital, I know) but honestly who cares if it isn't the CD, I much prefer uploading it to my media players anyways and then discard the the CD to never be touched again (I know not everyone does this), the novella which basically takes place of the artbook, I liked the Artbook, but it really did contain major spoilers most of the time lol I personally think the novella with original artwork will overall be better and worth more later on down the road, the lose of the behind the scenes dvd is honestly no biggie, you watch it once, it is done, the mouse pad on the other hand...that is the biggest blow of all of this, I feel like that is the one true staple that needs to be in every CE (although it was not in the WotLK CE and it hurt just as bad, back then.)

The coin adds value as you can not get it anywhere else (at least you better not be able too) and will later help me decide if I go alliance or horde in future expansions :P

Changing up what CEs offer, huh? Interesting. It'd be cool for future CEs to continue with offering an expansion-exclusive feely like this Mark of Allegiance, as opposed to a mousepad which is essentially the same thing every couple of years.

Last edited by naquadah007; 2018-04-05 at 04:10 PM.

I wondered how it would take for Blizzard to go full on Activision "Collector's Edition", guess I don't have to wait for the bullshit any longer.

This is the first time I'm actually considering just getting the digital deluxe version instead of the physical version. I've always loved the art books and mouse pads. I'm sure the music will be available for $10 through ITunes or Amazon. The coin is really the only unique thing, but I'm not sure it's enough to get me to want to bite. Bummer.

15+ Year Old Account
    For that money i think i'll rather go for Devin Townsend's Eras Part 1 box set. Not even going for the digital ce, no thanks.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess offering credit towards their Blizzard Balance is a step up from "share key with a friend", but it's still no refund.

Also, the contents seem to be a bit lighter this year despite the increased price.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Guess offering credit towards their Blizzard Balance is a step up from "share key with a friend", but it's still no refund.

Also, the contents seem to be a bit lighter this year despite the increased price.
    We were never getting refunds. This way you can at least buy services or game time. It’s all I wanted.

The art book change to the "exclusive hardcover story" thing is a bit strange, but come on people, its 2018, why print cds, you don't keep up with dead media just cause. If the original boxes had come with a VHS would expect a damn VHS in 2018? Most people don't even HAVE a cd player anymore.

You think you want an art book, CD, and mouse pad...

BUT YOU DON'T!!!
    That Diablo 3 item is the best one out of all them

Looks like the Amazon link has taken down the pricing and preorder information. Additionally, you can no longer find the CE preorder page via the search function on Amazon. I think the page went up before it was supposed to and had to be shut down posthaste. :/

No art book or "making of" dvd this time? No thanks. What a bummer. This will be the first physical CE I don't buy and I've been getting them since vanilla.

This looks reallly dull compared to the other CEs, no DVD, no mousepad, no artbook, basically it's just a crest and a game.