Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic loot tables

With Dev's saying "The best Azerite abilities and unique trinkets are found in Mythic raiding. This is the incentive to raid when tier is gone." Are we gonig to finally see separate loot tables for mythic raiders.

Yep and its still 20man only, enjoy

And cross realm still isnt available till the content is irrelevant so if you're on a small server I'd pay for the transfer now

Nope, as that's not actually has been said in the interview. What has been said was:

- There will be unique azerite gear and trinkets in raids. (no special mention on mythic raiding)
    - Mythic+ rankings were dominated by mythic raiders (probably due to setbonuses and trinkets effects)
    - Mythic raiders have the best gear, and will continue to have the best gear.

what they mean is that the highest ilvl versions of items come from mythic raiding. as the azerite armor cannot titanforge, the best version is from there.

I find the idea of not having content that rewards gear close to the ilvl of mythic a fucking joke. A huge part of the WoW community doesnt raid mythic or dont keep raiding mythic due to irl priorities. Why dont they make Mythic+ 20 rewards 5 ilvls lower than mythic raid level loot to have more venues for end game content with rewards for players who cannot commit to a raiding schedule. I mean the main difficulty when it comes to raiding is the commitment whereas mythic + 20 you need to be aware 100% of the team on trash and boss fights. Whereas mythic raids you're covered by 19 other people. I don't see why the only path to end game content is mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcmeal View Post
    I find the idea of not having content that rewards gear close to the ilvl of mythic a fucking joke. A huge part of the WoW community doesnt raid mythic or dont keep raiding mythic due to irl priorities. Why dont they make Mythic+ 20 rewards 5 ilvls lower than mythic raid level loot to have more venues for end game content with rewards for players who cannot commit to a raiding schedule. I mean the main difficulty when it comes to raiding is the commitment whereas mythic + 20 you need to be aware 100% of the team on trash and boss fights. Whereas mythic raids you're covered by 19 other people. I don't see why the only path to end game content is mythic raiding.
    Conversely, why do you need that level of gear if you aren't mythic raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Probably because people are going to ask for it to do normal PuGs, but realistically, you don't. Hell, you don't even need it for mythic raiding(since by having it you can clear it without it) if you want to be really picky about it.

I find the idea of not having content that rewards gear close to the ilvl of mythic a fucking joke.
    What's that? Farmable 940 pieces from M15 which is as easy as/potentially easier than Heroic raiding? It also gives a guaranteed 960?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Probably because people are going to ask for it to do normal PuGs, but realistically, you don't. Hell, you don't even need it for mythic raiding(since by having it you can clear it without it) if you want to be really picky about it.
    Except they aren't, and you can get higher iLvl pieces from Titanforging and whatnot anyways.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The same can be said to those doing mythic + over the level of 15. There needs to be a spread of reward for all hard content. If you like mythic raiding and playing on a schedule more power to you. But the same can and should be said for those that PvP competitively and someone and his 4 irl friends who are ex hardcore raiders and enjoy doing high mythic+. Atm the only end game content in the game is mythic raiding because it has the highest reward. There should be a similar reward structure for ppl who enjoy high lvl mythic+ and comp PvP. Mythic raiding deserves its reward structure, but there should be other content with the same difficulty or higher even that also rewards you for it. And theres absolutely nothing wrong with creating alternative end game content. Ppl enjoyed 10 man raiding and were good with it because most were a grp of irl friends. And i enjoy m+ cuz im playing with my grp of friends so why cant there be small grp content but with high rewards?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Polarthief;49185143]What's that? Farmable 940 pieces from M15 which is as easy as/potentially easier than Heroic raiding? It also gives a guaranteed 960?

You wont be getting 960 azerite gear now though since blizz said it wont get tf/wf. So thats pretty much a low blow for those that enjoy that conent. If 15's are too easy foe high lvl azerite gear then fine' why not make a loot table for those doing mythic + 20 that includes azerite gear. Difficultywise , its on par if not harder at times than mythic raiding and some mythic bosses so why isn't there a reward structure for us players who play hardcore in small grps and prefer that gameplay?

The same can be said to those doing mythic + over the level of 15. There needs to be a spread of reward for all hard content. If you like mythic raiding and playing on a schedule more power to you. But the same can and should be said for those that PvP competitively and someone and his 4 irl friends who are ex hardcore raiders and enjoy doing high mythic+. Atm the only end game content in the game is mythic raiding because it has the highest reward. There should be a similar reward structure for ppl who enjoy high lvl mythic+ and comp PvP. Mythic raiding deserves its reward structure, but there should be other content with the same difficulty or higher even that also rewards you for it. And theres absolutely nothing wrong with creating alternative end game content. Ppl enjoyed 10 man raiding and were good with it because most were a grp of irl friends. And i enjoy m+ cuz im playing with my grp of friends so why cant there be small grp content but with high rewards?
    But the gear level is basically just to enable you to do it. You simply don't need mythic raid gear to complete the content. Now if you're talking cosmetic rewards I'm inclined to agree that M15+ needs a set reward, but I think the gear is fine. (for reference I'm not a mythic raider, I'm a heroic raider)

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it's kind of a slap in the face to those pushing 20+ M+ keys, where's the incentive to pushing them? There's no additional iLvl past 15 and there are no plans to change that according to these dev interviews and they haven't given us any indication they'll add achievements, pets or mounts and it seems like they'll still share the same gear models as a standard Mythic.

"Alternative to raiding" my ass. It's unbelievable that they keep trying to push raiding as the end all be all (Raid or die mentality from WoD) and I used to raid Mythic from EN to ToS and stopped for Antorus so it's not as if I'm some LFR scrub whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Think it's kind of a slap in the face to those pushing 20+ M+ keys, where's the incentive to pushing them? There's no additional iLvl past 15 and there are no plans to change that according to these dev interviews and they haven't given us any indication they'll add achievements, pets or mounts and it seems like they'll still share the same gear models as a standard Mythic.

"Alternative to raiding" my ass.
    Finally someone who understands my frustration. Thank you sir. Like its as if they are forcing us players with our own small grp of friends to go join a raiding guild where the usual shit happens. Drama, guild master and his boys having their clique and controlling the loot. I've seen it before and been there done that. Its a fucking waste of time to play end game content with strangers and blizzard needs to respect that bevause thats what a lot of players feel. It happens to every player in the game, and if you're not part of that clique well tough luck. At least in mythic+ we can open a fucking loot chest at the end with no drama behind who gets what just fair play. We have a voice and it should be heard.

- - - Updated - - -

And btw, Im a mythic raider myself. Cutting edge EN, Nh and 8/9 mythic ToS. Stopped at Antorus cuz I was drained from the shitshow that was ToS. Along with Antorus being poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Mythic+ to be given the same damn treatment Mythic raiding is getting, I'm talking some decent damn rewards for pushing past 15+. This funnelling of unique Azerite components only being available on Mythic is a shit move. Atleast go the same route with Azerite that pantheon trinkets had, except instead of not being obtainable on LFR, Normal would be included so that only Heroic/Mythic get the Azerite component.

M+ should reward high ilvl gear(at least so it makes the player viable for mythic raiding in the first place), but the best gear overall will always come from mythic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, replied a little too fast, but you beat me to the reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    That is because of a wide spectrum of reasons which boil down to two main ones; people wanting to finish the run faster/get boosted and people knowing you can get higher ilvl than mythic raiding gives by doing the same content on easier difficulties.

Once BfA hits and nobody actually has access to the kind of gear they have now, save for mythic raiders, then the pug runs will balance out on their own. Titanforging is the main reason why things are as they are right now when it comes to pugs.

For instance, I've had a mythic Kin'garoth ring at 960 which I've replaced last week with a heroic Kin'garoth ring at 985 that got titanforged. It's actually insane when you think about it. A guildie boomkin got a 975 acrid catalyst injector from the same boss on the same difficulty a couple of weeks ago too. This is why even pugs are so brazen to ask for high ilvls.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-04-08 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Except they aren't, and you can get higher iLvl pieces from Titanforging and whatnot anyways.
    I was making fun of some of the stupid crap I see in the group finder because some people do that garbage, so you definitely can't say they aren't going to because they already do similar things. The real point in my post is in the second sentence.

But the gear level is basically just to enable you to do it. You simply don't need mythic raid gear to complete the content. Now if you're talking cosmetic rewards I'm inclined to agree that M15+ needs a set reward, but I think the gear is fine. (for reference I'm not a mythic raider, I'm a heroic raider)
    Cosmetic rewards are fine too. We just need mythic+ to be given fair treatment to something compared to mythic raiding. Make it so we get unique mounts, xmog sets, titles. That would be a plus side. But also gear that is slightly lower than mythic raiding isn't a bad idea too. Or even have it both ways. If mythic raids are getting they're own specific azerite traits and gear. Mythic+ should too. As well as Rbg's and rated arena. Those 3 are the hardest content in WoW atm and they should have similar reward structures. And the player decides what he/she wants to pursue.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just want Mythic+ to be given the same damn treatment Mythic raiding is getting, I'm talking some decent damn rewards for pushing past 15+. This funnelling of unique Azerite components only being available on Mythic is a shit move. Atleast go the same route with Azerite that pantheon trinkets had, except instead of not being obtainable on LFR, Normal would be included so that only Heroic/Mythic get the Azerite component.
    So you want a repeatable dungeon to have the same gear as a locked instance? Think about that. You don't want equality. You want M+ to be better for gearing than Mythic Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So you want a repeatable dungeon to have the same gear as a locked instance? Think about that. You don't want equality. You want M+ to be better for gearing than Mythic Raids.
    It wont be better though if theres a slight ilvl gap between the two. Lets say 5 ilvls for example. Or you could have access to specific 1 time azerite gear drop from doing that +20 key. Since they're adding that option to mythic raids. It only seems fair to add something similar to that for a high lvl mythic plus. Blizz saying the best azerite gear is in mythic raid is not fair to players doing high lvl pvp or high lvk mythic plus. They're all difficult content and we should have access to powerful azerite gear as well. Since they're going to replace leggos and tier sets. Which in Legion you didnt need to raid mythic to get both.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yep and its still 20man only, enjoy

And cross realm still isnt available till the content is irrelevant so if you're on a small server I'd pay for the transfer now
    They are going to do more server connections so I hope that brings more players to my server. There is 2 big horde guilds and lots of small ones on my server. We are a small one of about 13 people that wants to see mythic but cant recruit to save our ass because people don't want to leave the big guilds and we don't want to be tied up in a big guild too because of the people running it. So even 15 man mythic would be fine but is a lot easier than getting 20 with our current server status

Why it gives a reason to push your self to do mythic raids. This may push more people into trying the most difficult content and learn how to be better. This would have to work on a system where you lock yourself to a certain +level that week and can only finish this + level once that week so once you do your +15 you have to do something higher next time you try, if you finish that you can try a higher one again. It can not be hard farmable if you want to have access to gear that is on par to raiding.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2018-04-08 at 04:43 AM.