Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Alliance The Void Elves are a great addition to the Alliance.

Some people might look at Void Elves and think that they are a useless ally to the Alliance in the coming war just because they currently have low numbers (although their ranks are growing, as Quel'dorei and even Sin'dorei can be found in Telogrus Rift pleding their cause to the rising Ren'dorei). But this is not the case. The Void Elves will prove to be a vital ally to the Alliance.

The Void Lords are the greatest threat to Azeroth. With the defeat of the Burning Legion, that was keeping balance in the cosmos, the road is paved for the Void Lords' arrival. And once they do, the Void Elves will prove to be the most resourceful and precious ally that the Alliance has ever had. They are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, and possess extensive and elaborate knowledge in the field of the Void, as well as powerful allies such as the ominous and secretive Locus-Walker. Mark my words: The Void Elves will turn the tides and prove to everyone why they are worthy of being members of the Alliance.

Just how far can their powers go? The powers that apparently will astonish even the Horde defenders at the Battle of Lordaeron. Just how much are they willing to sacrifice for the well-being of the Alliance and Azeroth? Rest assured that, once the Void comes to consume all, the Void Elves will prove to be the most useful ally of the Alliance, and they will be at the front of this battle.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-04-10 at 06:00 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Telogrus Rift View Post
    Some people might look at Void Elves and think that they are a useless ally to the Alliance in the coming war just because they currently have low numbers (although their ranks are growing, as Quel'dorei and even Sin'dorei can be found in Telogrus Rift pleding their cause to the rising Ren'dorei). But this is not the case. The Void Elves will prove to be a vital ally to the Alliance.

The Void Lords are the greatest threat to Azeroth. With the defeat of the Burning Legion, that was keeping balance in the cosmos, the road is paved for the Void Lords' arrival. And once they do, the Void Elves will prove to be the most resourceful and precious ally that the Alliance has ever had. They are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, and possess extensive and elaborate knowledge in the field of the Void, as well as powerful allies such as the ominous and secretive Void-Walker. Mark my words: The Void Elves will turn the tides and prove to everyone why they are worthy of being members of the Alliance.

Just how far can their powers go? The powers that apparently will astonish even the Horde defenders at the Battle of Lordaeron. Just how much are they willing to sacrifice for the well-being of the Alliance and Azeroth? Rest assured that, once the Void comes to consume all, the Void Elves will prove to be the most useful ally of the Alliance, and they will be at the front of this battle.
    Make a thread in the roleplaying section.

Deleted
    Most people just dislike Void Elves because it seems that Blizzard literally just pulled them out of their asses. Which could very well be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectis View Post
    Most people just dislike Void Elves because it seems that Blizzard literally just pulled them out of their asses. Which could very well be the case.
    And that they are something taken straight out of some teenagers fanfiction on deviantArt.

It's funny, because the same goes for Night Elves (who had no build-up before becoming a playable race in Warcraft III) and the Kul Tiran Humans (because it was never mentioned in the lore that some Humans in Kul Tiras were so battered and sturdy that they looked like giants compared to their Stormwindian cousins).

Also, it would seem that 'most people' didn't play the questline of Mac'aree, where players witnessed the birth of the first Void Elf.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It's funny, because the same goes for Night Elves (who had no build-up before becoming a playable race in Warcraft III) and the Kul Tiran Humans (because it was never mentioned in the lore that some Humans in Kul Tiras were so battered and sturdy that they looked like giants compared to their Stormwindian cousins).

Also, it would seem that 'most people' didn't play the questline of Mac'aree, where players witnessed the birth of the first Void Elf.
    And then the people who do pay attention to the lore would realize, there is no reason the void elves would join the alliance. There are only a handful of void elves in lore, period. And they all came from silvermoon and wanted to help protect it, and was the reason they were researching the void, so they could help protect silvermoon. There is no reason they would ever join the alliance.

The story is shit, plain and simple. Thats why they barely have an introduction then your put into stormwind. It's lame.

Deleted

Night Elves were mentioned several times before first appearing in WC3. There was a reference to the Night Elves in Day of the Dragon and in The Last Guardian.

Honestly at first I was annoyed by them and just tried my best to ignore that they were being added.
    Not because I have anything against the idea, just I know what kind of people are mostly flocking to play these, and we shouldn't even give them homes on WoW. enough of that though

Eventually, and rather quickly they grew on me. The actual idea of Void Elves is really pivotal. In BC we saw High Elves mostly turn on the Alliance and that was a big deal, but now we see large numbers of them reverting back. Again, this is actually a big deal lore-wise. There have always been grey-lines factors in WoW but the lines have never really been so blurred since Void Elves were added.

Nightborne also seal the deal on this. Because it's actually as if we have factionary-defects for the first time as player options.

But besides the PvP Lore aspects, I was sold on their tone. It's not actually all edgy like DH's or DK's as everyone assumes. These elves are scientists, exploring Dark Matter.

The music they have is so powerful.

They're the Terrence McKenna of Elves, and the Void is The Other. It's actually terribly interesting to me, and I still don't even see myself playing one.

But I can't understand the hate, it must be based on bias, or purposefully chosen ignorance to other ways of looking at them.

Night Elves were mentioned several times before first appearing in WC3. There was a reference to the Night Elves in Day of the Dragon and in The Last Guardian.
    All of which were published several years AFTER WC3 hit shelves.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I don't get why people mock Void Elves just because they are an 'asspull'. Who cares if they are a complete 'asspull' (which isn't correct, since you interacted with a Void Elf in Legion, but whatever)?. I believe they have quite a lot of potential from a storytelling standpoint and I don't care if they are an 'asspull'.

These elves are scientists, exploring Dark Matter.
    Exactly. They have a creative and unique concept and have a big role to play in the storyline, especially now that the Void is becoming the main villain of the franchise. It will be interesting to see how they will interact with the Void, how their struggle will develop, or if some of them could surrender to the whispers. I am very hyped to see the role they will play in the Alliance too. It would seem that Alleria and her people will take part in the Battle of Lordaeron, so I am very interested to see their newfound powers unleashed on the battlefield.

Would be way more interesting if in the end the Void Elves cannot handle the void and have seriously overestimated their abilities and they all fall to the void, bringing doom to the Alliance and ultimately Azeroth.

But that will not happen.

The Void Lords are the greatest threat to Azeroth. With the defeat of the Burning Legion, that was keeping balance in the cosmos, the road is paved for the Void Lords' arrival. And once they do, the Void Elves will prove to be the most resourceful and precious ally that the Alliance has ever had. They are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, and possess extensive and elaborate knowledge in the field of the Void, as well as powerful allies such as the ominous and secretive Void-Walker. Mark my words: The Void Elves will turn the tides and prove to everyone why they are worthy of being members of the Alliance.
    The problem with Void Elves is that they CAN be a HUGE powerful force for the Alliance, but they could just as easily go batshit insane at any minute and wipe out half of Azeroth. It's not like there's much precedent in Azeroth for people toying with the void and old gods powers and NOT going batshit crazy.

Void Elves are like a psyche patient who's learnt a few techniques to try and ignore the voices permanantly in his head telling him to murder everyone around him.

There's huge potentials in lore with them. It's almost a shame that Blizzard will just forget about them in a few weeks.

It would be cool to see other races actually scared of them. Lore'thamar knew how powerful they could potentially be with the void powers but outcast them anyway because.. you know... it's fucking mental to be meddling with this stuff so casually. It'd be great him losing it on the battlefield and being like "HOLY SHIT??? is Anduin fucking INSANE, they're literally risking fucking over the whole planet for a tactical advantage.."

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    And then the people who do pay attention to the lore would realize, there is no reason the void elves would join the alliance. There are only a handful of void elves in lore, period. And they all came from silvermoon and wanted to help protect it, and was the reason they were researching the void, so they could help protect silvermoon. There is no reason they would ever join the alliance.

The story is shit, plain and simple. Thats why they barely have an introduction then your put into stormwind. It's lame.
    Elves are incredibly prideful and don't take slights well. The Blood Elves and Nightborne both joined with the Horde to fight and kill the Alliance because of grievances they had with just a few specific individuls. The Void Elves joining the Alliance to kill their kin, just because they were rejected and outcast by them fits Blizzards petty logic theyve been given.

This is my thoughts too. They could have scattered them all over Mac'aree at least and built up a story around them (and not just Alleria) first.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-04-10 at 05:19 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Comparing Night Elves and Void Elves is a really far fetch....every race has to eventually be added "out of nowhere"....by that logic Orcs were pulled out of the arse for WC1....this is a stupid argument, really.

The deciding factor is the lore in place at the point of time a race is added to the game (playable or not). When the Night Elves came in, they had more lore than all of the other races in the franchise COMBINED. Compare that to Void Elves....they "inherit" the lore of the Blood Elves, but arguable leave them for no fucking reason...and pledge their loyalty to the alliance for even less of a reason. As other posters have already mentioned here: They are basically just Blood Elf Shadow Priests - you could argue that an actual Blood Elf Shadow Priest is MORE "voidy" than a Void Elf - and then being separated from their main race and put into the other faction just looks like an "just take them and shut the fuck up"-move by Blizzard.

"Void Elves will turn the tides against the Void Lords" is as logically valid as "this here match is going to turn the tide against an inferno". Also, the Void Elves don't "posses an extensive and elaborate knowledge in the field of the Void". Aside from Alleria they are the result of an accidental fuck-up on their part, that had to be salvaged by Alleria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Honestly at first I was annoyed by them and just tried my best to ignore that they were being added.
    Not because I have anything against the idea, just I know what kind of people are mostly flocking to play these, and we shouldn't even give them homes on WoW. enough of that though

Eventually, and rather quickly they grew on me. The actual idea of Void Elves is really pivotal. In BC we saw High Elves mostly turn on the Alliance and that was a big deal, but now we see large numbers of them reverting back. Again, this is actually a big deal lore-wise. There have always been grey-lines factors in WoW but the lines have never really been so blurred since Void Elves were added.

Nightborne also seal the deal on this. Because it's actually as if we have factionary-defects for the first time as player options.

But besides the PvP Lore aspects, I was sold on their tone. It's not actually all edgy like DH's or DK's as everyone assumes. These elves are scientists, exploring Dark Matter.

The music they have is so powerful.
    [video=youtube_share;k0API7O5Uxc]https://youtu.be/k0API7O5Uxc[video]

They're the Terrence McKenna of Elves, and the Void is The Other. It's actually terribly interesting to me, and I still don't even see myself playing one.

But I can't understand the hate, it must be based on bias, or purposefully chosen ignorance to other ways of looking at them.
    To say "large numbers" of them are going back to the Alliance is an exaggeration. Its a small group of exiles with a few reckless pilgrims joining them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    All of which were published several years AFTER WC3 hit shelves.
    In what magical universe are February of 2001 and December of 2001 (respectively) "years AFTER" July of 2002?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I like them as well. I even rolled two: a warlock and a hunter.
    I would race change my void elf hunter into high elf if they came live, though.

Cringe level over 9000. He literally posts this same exact paragraph in every Void Elf thread. "First mortals to defy the Shadow's whispers...blah, blah, blah." which is flat out incorrect, since Priests have been doing it long before Void Elves were expelled out of Ion Hazzikostas' last trip to the bathroom after Mexican Mondays at the office.

This doesn't belong in the lore section, because it's not lore. It's fan fiction, and belongs in the RP forum, because it's made up.

As the smallest playable race known to the current Warcraft universe, they aren't nearly as powerful as this guy says. He's acting like they're not just another Elven race amidst the other three. Just a total exaggeration of how important one race will be. No more significant than Humans, Blood Elves, Night Elvers, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-04-10 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    In what magical universe are February of 2001 and December of 2001 (respectively) "years AFTER" July of 2002?
    Right? Day of the Dragon and The Last guardian were both released a year before WC3 came out.

Deleted
    Kul'Tirans just have 3 different body types: burly, normal and skinny. Humans having more than one body type is not some lore revelation.