Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the green/red cloud around azeroth IS sargeras.

the clouds on the maps are just an artistic choice.
    this ^^^^
    the clouds are never there the many times we have seen azeroth, literally just before still you dont see it, the only time we see it is when sargeras approaches the planet, he most likely was attempting to corrupt her and was using the clouds to attempt to corrupt her.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The first cloud is merely Sargeras, and the second cloud is merely an artistic representation of whatever they wanted it to be at the time. As for the rest, it's likely that they drew the inspiration for the cloud with Sargeras from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That cloud was Sargeras. We can even see him getting closer to Azeroth during the raid.
    Really!? I had no idea. I've gotta go back into Antorus.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The cloud on the World Maps are just artistic and to show that the world has an atmosphere. The cloud surrounding Azeroth in the Sargeras cinematic... WAS Sargeras.

Case solved. Let's move on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Really!? I had no idea. I've gotta go back into Antorus.
    As you pass through Antorus in the open areas where you can see the sky you can actually see the cloud/nebula that is Sargeras approach Azeroth and envelope it, until from the vantage of the Seat of the Pantheon you can see him nearly covering all of Azeroth's surface. I can only imagine what that must've looked like for those still on Azeroth - it must seemed like doomsday, until the Pantheon finally pulls Sargeras away and seals him within the Seat.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The dark green color cloud surrounding Azeroth is just Sargeras. Proof would be during Burning Crusade expansion, you can see Azeroth from the Black Temple raid and there is no cloud surrounding it. And one of the maps you showed supporting its existence is from BC.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this ^^^^
    the clouds are never there the many times we have seen azeroth, literally just before still you dont see it, the only time we see it is when sargeras approaches the planet, he most likely was attempting to corrupt her and was using the clouds to attempt to corrupt her.
    Yeah I knew the in-game cloud was him moving to cover her and do his business. I just thought that the mapmones were the hint of the titans had put a protective layer around her. Not a physical cloud because, well, sunlight and what not, but yeah that was my thought. Who really knows though. We could be wrong and it might be Azeroth farts

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Yeah I knew the in-game cloud was him moving to cover her and do his business. I just thought that the mapmones were the hint of the titans had put a protective layer around her. Not a physical cloud because, well, sunlight and what not, but yeah that was my thought. Who really knows though. We could be wrong and it might be Azeroth farts
    nah the clouds were just co-incidance or something to do with titans and how they travel on the astral plain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As you pass through Antorus in the open areas where you can see the sky you can actually see the cloud/nebula that is Sargeras approach Azeroth and envelope it, until from the vantage of the Seat of the Pantheon you can see him nearly covering all of Azeroth's surface. I can only imagine what that must've looked like for those still on Azeroth - it must seemed like doomsday, until the Pantheon finally pulls Sargeras away and seals him within the Seat.
    Yep roleplaying it on moonguard was quite exiting, the argus event was really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

While Sargeras can stride across the cosmos, that isn't very helpful considering the vast distances between worlds in the whole of the physical universe. Due to both his immense size and power, the portal conduits that he can use to cross those distances are fortunately (for the universe in general and Azeroth in specific) limited. Before the creation of the Legion and his own corruption at Mardum his progress against the forces of the demons and the Void was slow and incidental - as he strode through the universe he found and battled them, using the prison system on Mardum to seal them away to prevent their regeneration in the Twisting Nether. He and Aggramar split up mostly to cover more ground - moving from system to system, planet to planet, shaping worlds and battling chaos wherever they found it.

The only reason he was able to reach Azeroth during the fighting within Antorus was due to the fact that Illidan had opened an immense portal using the Sargerite Keystone - one finally massive enough for him to pass through physically. Sargeras must have been relatively near Argus considering that it was his Legion's base of operations. Of course he was drawn back through the portal and the portal was sealed completely by the intervention of the rest of the Pantheon.
    very informative. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    The cloud on the World Maps are just artistic and to show that the world has an atmosphere. The cloud surrounding Azeroth in the Sargeras cinematic... WAS Sargeras.

Case solved. Let's move on!
    I'm leaning towards this being correct, but...
    does Draenor not have an atmosphere?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

You know... now that I think about it, it fucking sucks that we dont hear how that day felt on Azeroth.

Like... first a huge cloud like thing envelops whole planet, the suddenly you can see Sargeras, then a huge sword stabbing your planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    You know... now that I think about it, it fucking sucks that we dont hear how that day felt on Azeroth.

Like... first a huge cloud like thing envelops whole planet, the suddenly you can see Sargeras, then a huge sword stabbing your planet.
    Would've made excellent fodder for a cut-scene or cinematic, if nothing else. Perhaps BfA will grace us with a "The Day that Sargeras Came" type quest that shows the events in some capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It would have to, or I would imagine it would be unable to support the flora and fauna that it still has. The Twisting Nether, like the physical universe, appears to have planets like Nathreza (homeworld of the Nathrezim) and Niskara, so I am imagining that Netherspace doesn't constitute an atmosphere in and of itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

ozone layer of course.

what else ???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Of course Draenor has an atmosphere

The artistic choice to create a cloud around Azeroth and not Outland or Draenor is just to emphasise that Azeroth is the MAIN world. It's where the players start, it's what the game is all about, so therefore it'll have more meta-detail.