7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    *thinks back to BC when raid and pvp sets were all recolors*

Honestly, I'm fine with no more class sets. I'd take high quality questing, dungeon, raid, pvp sets over just high quality raid sets. So far, from the sets I've seen, I'm pleased. I really don't need another ______stalker set plastered with teeth, bones, and hides.
    And we might get more Faction race based sets with warfronts as well.

Currently the first warfront is Human vs Orc themed, if they do one in more it might be Tauren vs Elf or whatever races from each faction.

To add onto this, warfronts alone bring in 24 sets (3 for each of the 4 armor types, and different for each faction)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

Currently the first warfront is Human vs Orc themed, if they do one in more it might be Tauren vs Elf or whatever races from each faction.

To add onto this, warfronts alone bring in 24 sets (3 for each of the 4 armor types, and different for each faction)
    We also have 2 sets of questing greens and dungeon blues, per armor type, one based on each continent.

As a horde, at launch, I'll have access to:
    -2 questing green sets
    -2 dungeon blue sets
    -3 warfront sets
    -2 raid sets(mythic, and normal/lfr/heroic[only counting model, not recolors]
    -potential 3 pvp sets(dont know if recolors or new models at this point, combatant/reg/elite)

Looking at 9 to 12 new high quality sets at launch available to me. Compared to Legion, where I had 5(green, blue, combatant, raid/pvp, mythic raid/elite pvp), unless I forgot some.
    Last edited by Renley; 2018-04-11 at 07:57 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    That’s the root of it. It’s the same reason Mass Effect kind of fell apart in the end. The big mysterious unstoppable threat becomes a lot less threatening when you start blowing them up with missile launchers. Guys like C’Thun work if they’re explained as being “lesser” gods that we just barely managed to defeat, and it’s clear we’d still be insignificant in the face of the ones at the top. But when it becomes a total us vs. them situation all of the horror and weight goes completely out the window and it becomes another generic monster battle.
    Well said, and re: ME the big problem with 3's ending was they decided to try and make it too mystic/space-god-y and prevented us killing the Reapers with the massive fleet we'd assembled, which would have lowered the Lovecraftian elements, but at least made sense in the context of Commander Shepard et al and the entire arc he/she had been on.

It was really fucked from ME2's ending onwards. ME3 should have been about preventing the Reapers awakening/returning en masse, maybe giving races another 50000 years. They could have had their cake and eaten it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy, I really hope you're right about that, that would be utterly amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Mark my words, by the end of BfA there are going to be cosmetic xmog sets on the store.
    It could happen, but people have been saying the exact same thing every single expansion since Cataclysm, and it hasn't happened, so... What are you going to say if it doesn't happen? Probably just "Mark my words, by the end of [Next Expansion]...". I guess if you keep saying it indefinitely, either it comes true, or WoW ends.

Kind of like one of those end-of-the-world preachers, isn't it? You just keep predicting the end of the world, and if it doesn't happen, shift the date.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

That's my current hope for future warfronts, to be themed to different races. They ofc don't have to cover all the races, but the more the better.

Well said, and re: ME the big problem with 3's ending was they decided to try and make it too mystic/space-god-y and prevented us killing the Reapers with the massive fleet we'd assembled, which would have lowered the Lovecraftian elements, but at least made sense in the context of Commander Shepard et al and the entire arc he/she had been on.

It was really fucked from ME2's ending onwards. ME3 should have been about preventing the Reapers awakening/returning en masse, maybe giving races another 50000 years. They could have had their cake and eaten it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you imagine? Warfront in Barrens, Tauren VS Night Elves. Or Warfront in Hinterlands, Dwarves/Gnomes VS Troll/Belves. Gilneas? Worgen VS Undead. These would be awesome themed sets. I have a hunch this is going to happen, especially since we've seen a taste with first warfront sets, and the bat/hippogryph mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine? Warfront in Barrens, Tauren VS Night Elves. Or Warfront in Hinterlands, Dwarves/Gnomes VS Troll/Belves. Gilneas? Worgen VS Undead. These would be awesome themed sets. I have a hunch this is going to happen, especially since we've seen a taste with first warfront sets, and the bat/hippogryph mounts.
    Really depends how Warfronts turn out but yes, having more then one Warfront will help, add variety and make the gameplay not tire out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would grind the FUCK out of that. Of course Warfronts better not suck otherwise I will become one of those awful shits who grinds something whilst constantly posting about how awful it is that he has to grind it. Fuck that guy, I guess possibly fuck future me!

7+ Year Old Account
    Now I want a Goblin vs Gnome tech Warfront...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It could happen, but people have been saying the exact same thing every single expansion since Cataclysm, and it hasn't happened, so... What are you going to say if it doesn't happen? Probably just "Mark my words, by the end of [Next Expansion]...". I guess if you keep saying it indefinitely, either it comes true, or WoW ends.

Kind of like one of those end-of-the-world preachers, isn't it? You just keep predicting the end of the world, and if it doesn't happen, shift the date.
    Exactly. 10char/

Now I want a Goblin vs Gnome tech Warfront...
    Oh man, fuck yes. Blizzard, read this shit. Do it.

Deleted
    We couldn't even have race-customizable Garrisons,

Dream on about race-themed Warfronts.

Yeah, it'd be really cool, but they've decided Warcraft's heart and soul is and always will be orcs vs humans. So, that's the best we'll get.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    We couldn't even have race-customizable Garrisons,

Dream on about race-themed Warfronts.
    Honestly, it would be worth it if they are planning a world revamp after BfA. They could re use the warfront assets for race areas.

And tbh I think a themed warfront game requires less new assets than a themed garrison would.

Honestly, it would be worth it if they are planning a world revamp after BfA. They could re use the warfront assets for race areas.

And tbh I think a themed warfront game requires less new assets than a themed garrison would.
    This. They've already hinted at essentially slowly updating parts of the world as they make sense. Warfronts is a good way to do that, introduce more racial armors, etc. If any expansion was going to have strong racial armors, it'd be this one.

Don't they also have a substantially larger team than they had for WoD? hasn't it tripled since then? They've already done a lot of things that have improved since WoD, so I can imagine them improving other things.

7+ Year Old Account
    *thinks back to BC when raid and pvp sets were all recolors*

Honestly, I'm fine with no more class sets. I'd take high quality questing, dungeon, raid, pvp sets over just high quality raid sets. So far, from the sets I've seen, I'm pleased. I really don't need another ______stalker set plastered with teeth, bones, and hides.
    What game your played? Vanilla/WoTLK/Cataclysm/MoP had different PvE raid armor and PvP armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    What game your played? Vanilla/WoTLK/Cataclysm/MoP had different PvE raid armor and PvP armor.
    I said BC, explicitly pointing only it out, not every expansion lol. My point was the very first expansion had recolors, to juxtapose the "remember when.." sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    And yet you leave out BC, what many people love. Wrath was different from the tier sets but it wasn't a big adjustment from season to season. Warlords from season 1 to 2 had a recolor of the same set. There are also some recolors in Legion as well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a single set per type of armor is kind of dumb, though. The only way it would really work is if it was like Sunwell where there were more than one color variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    we can expect a build today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And yet you leave out BC, what many people love. Wrath was different from the tier sets but it wasn't a big adjustment from season to season. Warlords from season 1 to 2 had a recolor of the same set. There are also some recolors in Legion as well.
    Every single set besides the non-Gladiator sets are recolors of the tier pieces for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting