View Poll Results: remove summon from game?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • Yes remove summon

8 26.67%
  • Yes remove and give guild summon back

22 73.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I find it strange that no one ever asks for summon to not require extra people and to summon the entire raid instead of having 2 others click to summon the stone then have 2 people click again on individuals.

Also, how come our stone still looks like some strange demonic TV instead of an actual summon stone ( like the ones outside raids/dungeons)?

Mysterious indeed.
    It was requested when it first arrived during whichever Alpha/Beta (wotlk?). Also had a different appearance but quickly changed to tv during testing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    It was requested when it first arrived during whichever Alpha/Beta (wotlk?). Also had a different appearance but quickly changed to tv during testing.
    What was the model of the summoning portal? Does it have anything like in-game?
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I find it strange that no one ever asks for summon to not require extra people and to summon the entire raid instead of having 2 others click to summon the stone then have 2 people click again on individuals.
    Pretty much this. Make the stone summonable by just the warlock, then allow any individual to summon other people alone. Hell, at the point the demo artifact made fun of the player for not being able to summon "just some friends" alone I was convinced they were going this route some time soon.

I wish they'd give us back the old summon on top of the stone we already have.

When I want to summon ONE person, in the old days you could just click his portrait, use your summon spell, 1 person clicks it and bam he's there.

Now to summon one guy you have to have TWO people click... put up a stone... then click that... then have someone else click... the he's summoned. All for one person.

This poll is bad and you should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    I wish they'd give us back the old summon on top of the stone we already have.

When I want to summon ONE person, in the old days you could just click his portrait, use your summon spell, 1 person clicks it and bam he's there.

Now to summon one guy you have to have TWO people click... put up a stone... then click that... then have someone else click... the he's summoned. All for one person.
    You had to have 2 people clicking the portal, not just one.

Just like with the current for of the spell, you always need the warlock plus 2 people to initiate the summoning.

If anything, they should add a summoning ability to some other class, but definitely not what we had in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    You had to have 2 people clicking the portal, not just one.

Just like with the current for of the spell, you always need the warlock plus 2 people to initiate the summoning.

If anything, they should add a summoning ability to some other class, but definitely not what we had in Cata.
    What's wrong with having both though? I guess you could argue too much clutter on action bars but just keep it in the spell book

No thanks. I'd rather not lose more class identity in this game on the basis that your friend is a lazy shithead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    Summoning other players is such a stupid ability that has nothing to do with being a warlock if you think about it. Our powers come from the Twisting Nether, and beings not from the nether shouldn't be able to be summoned from vast distances.

Removing it entirely would be super inconvenient, but I'd like to see it given to a few other classes where it makes sense. Mages could spawn a portal for their friends to go through, and perhaps death knights could do the same with a death gate.
    Beings not from the nether shouldn't be able to be summoned from vast distances? .... ehm not to be polemic, but that's how a certain The Dark Portal works xD also it was used by mr Gul'Dan who's a warlock, too :P (and ok Medivh, a mage, but i imagine that kind of magic was more demonic in nature than arcane)

I resolve myself to knowing I'll have to drop a stone when I raid on my lock so I usually throw one down at every boss then afk.
    Also when I play my mage I know better than to hang around in any city or else I'll get /w Drusin Can you give me a port?
    Think I'm fairly safe to not be bothered on all my other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    What's wrong with having both though? I guess you could argue too much clutter on action bars but just keep it in the spell book
    I'd never use this for battle pets but it gives you an idea of what you can do. Press a button and "stuff" pops up. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/opie

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather not lose more class identity in this game.
    Sums it up

Slaves don't talk back. Get that summon stone up, OP !

its not a demonic tv, its a warlock closet.