Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Got a brain dude. Not like you are hiding under the seats the whole time. I am starting to worry about some of you people because this seems like pretty fucking simple stuff.
    So what's the contention here? That because he was a dumbass who didn't know the way to school, he deserved to get shot at? Or are people buying into the shooter's story that he was casing the house?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So what's the contention here? That because he was a dumbass who didn't know the way to school, he deserved to get shot at? Or are people buying into the shooter's story that he was casing the house?
    I don't know if anyone is trying to say that the kid deserved to be shot at for not knowing his way to school rather it seems dubious that the kid really didn't know his way to school and would randomly walk up to strangers homes asking for directions. I know when I was like 7, I knew how to get to school without the bus and it was like a 45 min walk. Just based off of that, it seems like it would be worth hearing the man's side of the story. We haven't seen the video nor the 911 call released either.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Not only did he overreact and shot he shot as a person running away.
    Eh. You can get shot for running lol

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...E/htm/PE.9.htm

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

the key thing is 1) having committed burglary AND 2) it must be at night. Even though you sited Texas law, neither would have applied in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Making your kid biased against other races is a bad idea yeah...
    so explaining to kids that they may be treated differently due to their race is making them biased against people? even though it is indeed a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    I've been working at the same place for 6 years and a half.
    I couldnt tell you how to go there without taking the bus.
    The bus probably turns only 3 or 4 times on the way, and I couldn't tell you where a single one of them is.
    Even in the bus, when i go somewhere else, I usually use google map to know when to get off or ask the driver because I can't tell where I'm at at any one time.

Also if its a schoolbus those dont go directly there. They go pickup other students so its often confusing.
    Lastly even if there's 1 turn and im pretty sure I turned at the right place, imma start to doubt myself after a good 20 minuts walking in an unusual scenery, of houses I don't know.
    I mean, I guess people just have trouble being able to remember things. For example, if I asked you from your house, how to get to X, you might not know, but you should at LEAST know "oh yea, it's by Y" and then your brain remembers how to get to X, from Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

IS DAY TIME NIGHT TIME NOW? did you read it?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I don't know if anyone is trying to say that the kid deserved to be shot at for not knowing his way to school rather it seems dubious that the kid really didn't know his way to school and would randomly walk up to strangers homes asking for directions. I know when I was like 7, I knew how to get to school without the bus and it was like a 45 min walk. Just based off of that, it seems like it would be worth hearing the man's side of the story. We haven't seen the video nor the 911 call released either.
    the police did see the video and based off that made their assessment and what the fuck? "He didn't know his way to school how dare he!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Just because I believe the sun rises doesn't mean I understand why it does.

- - - Updated - - -

What does being white (or black) have to do with not knowing where a frequently visited building is located?
    Couldn't be positive if the person was trying to pin it on the child being black. Adding an anecdotal I'm white felt relevant.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

the police did see the video and based off that made their assessment and what the fuck? "He didn't know his way to school how dare he!"
    We see lefties constantly critical of the police when they defend white people in cases where a white cop or white person in general may have allegedly committed an act of violence towards a minority. There's a sense of irony in that they are now fully accepting of the police statement. I'm merely stating that we have not seen the video ourselves. Let's let the evidence be released and then make a determination?

As for not knowing how to get to school when you're a teenager and it's April... that really doesn't strike you as weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Knocking on a door is not illegal. Assuming that a black person is casing your house for robbery is flat out racism. That you jumped to that conclusion signals that you might also feel that way.
    I got asked why someone would knock on a door, I answered with an example. Plain and simple. The only reason I jumped to where I did was because, as with the example, it happened to my family. The reason you jumped to the race card is on you.

We see lefties constantly critical of the police when they defend white people in cases where a white cop or white person in general may have allegedly committed an act of violence towards a minority. There's a sense of irony in that they are now fully accepting of the police statement. I'm merely stating that we have not seen the video ourselves. Let's let the evidence be released and then make a determination?

As for not knowing how to get to school when you're a teenager and it's April... that really doesn't strike you as weird?
    Not if you take a bus, it doesn't. I take daily Ubers to school and I'm usually on my phone I find myself at times looking up wondering where the fuck am I and then I look at the gps and I'm like oh... here...

There is no irony unless you consider "left" to be some fucking hive mind which is fucking retarded, no?

Issue arise when police hide evidence and bad behavior and then say they can't do a trial because there isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt despite the fact that last part is reserved for a trial not grand jury. People don't have an issue with run of the mill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It's a completely irrelevant fact.

You see, even IF the kid was casing the house, it's still illegal to shoot at him. He could have been walking around the house looking in windows even and it'd still be illegal. For good reason. So the entire point is moot and irrelevant and and obvious attempt at deflection.
    Like I said, I merely want to hear the other side of the story here. If the kid was robbing the house and the home owner theoretically fired a warning shot, which is plausible here, that would be a much different scenario that what is being reported. While I'd still feel the home owner should get in trouble here, it would be a much different scenario than what is being reported.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I merely want to hear the other side of the story here. If the kid was robbing the house and the home owner theoretically fired a warning shot, which is plausible here, that would be a much different scenario that what is being reported. While I'd still feel the home owner should get in trouble here, it would be a much different scenario than what is being reported.
    Why don’t you believe the cops?

Um... the kid gave a testimony, the police saw the video... and they were like "arrest this guy" and your'e here trying to make concessions for the guy responded to his wife saying "these people" and claiming they're being robbed, which the police obviously didn't think from their video. The guy then fires and then takes safety off then fires for real at a kid who runs away and cries.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Why don’t you believe the cops?

Cops are only to be believed when they kill minorities of course because minorities are always doing bad things!

Not if you take a bus, it doesn't. I take daily Ubers to school and I'm usually on my phone I find myself at times looking up wondering where the fuck am I and then I look at the gps and I'm like oh... here...

There is no irony unless you consider "left" to be some fucking hive mind which is fucking retarded, no?

Issue arise when police hide evidence and bad behavior and then say they can't do a trial because there isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt despite the fact that last part is reserved for a trial not grand jury. People don't have an issue with run of the mill stuff.
    I think the irony is that the left scrutinizes the police heavily unless their testimony backs up what they want to hear. As for the left having a hive mind mentality, that's an entirely different debate lol.

As for the idea of teens having no idea where their school is at, there are many people that pay attention to their surroundings and in this case would find that type of claim to be dubious. For me for example, I'm horrible with directions but I knew where my school as at even when I was a little kid. And if the kid is being honest here, a lot of people would think it would be weird if a random person knocked on their door and said "excuse me but do you know where my school is at?" lol.

As for what the left finds critical, let's be real here it extends way past police hiding evidence. We've seen the left be critical of police for example even when the evidence has proven them not guilty and all of the details have been revealed. Many on the left will feel that the police are guilty in crimes no matter how much evidence suggests that is not the case.

I think the irony is that the left scrutinizes the police heavily unless their testimony backs up what they want to hear. As for the left having a hive mind mentality, that's an entirely different debate lol.

As for the idea of teens having no idea where their school is at, there are many people that pay attention to their surroundings and in this case would find that type of claim to be dubious. For me for example, I'm horrible with directions but I knew where my school as at even when I was a little kid. And if the kid is being honest here, a lot of people would think it would be weird if a random person knocked on their door and said "excuse me but do you know where my school is at?" lol.

As for what the left finds critical, let's be real here it extends way past police hiding evidence. We've seen the left be critical of police for example even when the evidence has proven them not guilty and all of the details have been revealed. Many on the left will feel that the police are guilty in crimes no matter how much evidence suggests that is not the case.
    "excuse me do you know the directions to the local high school" isn't weird... actually asking neighbors for directions when you're not sure where to go is just about the most basic thing if you don't have a phone with gps which this kid didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    but but he COULD have been actually robbing the place. Maybe he was just ringing the door bell to distract them while he jumped through a window and robbed them blind! It's a good thing these responsible gun owners saw through his devious plan.
    My previous post has comments from the Deputy Sheriff who said there was no break in. The gunman tried to claim he tripped and the gun went off -- that was also found out to be false. Also the dude has a previous gun charge on his record. It's like people are trying to make excuses for a shit-bird who shot at someone for legitimately being lost.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I find it fucking hilarious that you want to sit here and try to say "it's pretty weird that he didn't know his way to school"

Yet you propose he could possibly have been robbing the house and the guy fired a warning shot. Not thinking at all how weird it would be for someone robbing a place to ring a fucking door bell.
    Generally if you want to rob or vandalize someone's home you'd want to make sure they are not there, correct? One simple way to do so is to knock on the door and see if they are home. Also I'm not sure if you've ever heard of home invasions but look them up.

That being said, from what it looks like transpired, that is not the case but I'm merely stating it does seem rather dubious that the kid didn't know where his school was at... in April... and if someone was to knock on my door and ask me where their school was at I'd likely think it was an odd thing as well. That being said, why are you so against the idea of waiting to hear this guy's side of the story before passing judgement? If it turns out the home owners story is dubious and full of holes, I'd be all for him getting punished. I simply want to see the story for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

"excuse me do you know the directions to the local high school" isn't weird... actually asking neighbors for directions when you're not sure where to go is just about the most basic thing if you don't have a phone with gps which this kid didn't.
    Like I said ask your typical adult this type of question and they will likely respond with "what is wrong with you?" If this was an elementary schooler or something you'd get a pass but as a teen, that's pretty odd.