Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Such a bill would be 100% pointless and would be dangerous. Mueller could do whatever he wanted with no fear of being fired.
    You mean like getting multiple plea agreements and indictments in less then a year while all the while Trump and his people have threatened firing Mueller which is clearly Obstruction of Justice but Trump is doing it so clearly whatever the God Emperor Trump wants it is not for us mere mortals to question.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhard von Lohengramm View Post
    Then there is no need to either engage with you or further read what you have posted.
    That's some stupid shit, bro.

Then there is no need to either engage with you or further read what you have posted.
    Starts out with Shapiro claiming that Hillary wasn't treated as unfairly and the best he's done to back that up in a minute of talking is say that the treatment of Hillary was kind and the treatment of Trump wasn't. And the closest to a salient point is that the investigation into Trump and his campaign has grown while Hillary's didn't.

Which isn't actually an argument so far because he presents no evidence or context, but let's keep going!

"There's no question there is a wild disparity between Hillary Clinton's treatment and Donald Trump's treatment. He keeps repeating this as if repeating it makes it true.

"She had classified emails flowing through that server." No, she had a few that went through it, some of which were mislabeled or were classified after they went through that server. But I don't expect honesty from Shaprio. Let's keep going though!

"And the FBI treated Hillary with kid gloves." Again, not bothering to substantiate this.

"They said she had to have intent." Because that's the fucking law, dumbass.

"James Comey changed the law to help exonerate Clinton." This is why I don't listen to Shapiro, and why I generally look unfavorably upon anyone who treats him seriously. This is literal fantasy.

Bringing up Loretta Lynch, who had no involvement in the investigation and said she would accept whatever the FBI recommended.

Jesus, I've listened to like 5 minutes of this and he's said very little that's factual and he's said a lot of words. And he's still failed to back up anything he opened with when you linked.

Done now, this is why I generally don't bother wasting my time with clowns like Shapiro. If he had a point somewhere in than rambling whine, please feel free to share it with me because I'm not wasting any more time listening to him rant and moan.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take you, or anyone else who thinks Shapiro is remotely credible, seriously if this is the best you have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take you [...] seriously if this is the best you have to offer.
    The feeling is shared.

I'm well aware people like you consider Shapiro a clown.

I'm well acquainted with the irony of such statements.

I'm well aware that he isn't a clown.

So you're not going to provide sources/evidence/links for your claims besides the Ben Shapiro video.

That's right, because clowns and dead-set ideologues are not worth the effort.
    And then you're going to mistakenly assume I'm only saying that because I don't have anything - in which case you become guilty of the same failings you accused me of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

The feeling is shared.

So you're not going to provide sources/evidence/links for your claims besides the Ben Shapiro video.

And then you're going to mistakenly assume I'm only saying that because I don't have anything - in which case you become guilty of the same failings you accused me of.

I gave the video a shot. I responded to everything he said in the first five minutes, which was a whole lot of words that meant very little.

If you don't want to actually engage in discussion that's fine, but just admit that you have no interest in discussion. Because I'm trying here, at least.

I'd say this makes McConnell more trustworthy than most people in U.S. politics.
    This is true, in the sense that he's predictable and loyal to party agenda. "Evil's gonna evil" and people got what they voted for. He's the symbol of the GOP's bottomless hypocrisy and greed, and he will do ANYTHING to make sure the "right" people will have power, and dictate politics for as long as they can.
    Mother pus bucket!

The feeling is shared.

That is because Shapiro is a clown. Anyone that listens to him, usually doesn't know what they are talking about. You are no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Saved the time of having it get litigated and struck down for the obvious separation of powers breach.
    And if he'd used that argument people might be somewhat less frustrated with him. Instead he basically just said "I'm in charge so you can't make me."

Shut one gullible idiot up here and another pops up to replace him.
    Yea james comey totally changed the law! Can you getell any fucking dumber?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I gave the video a shot. I responded to everything he said in the first five minutes, which was a whole lot of words that meant very little.

If you don't want to actually engage in discussion that's fine, but just admit that you have no interest in discussion. Because I'm trying here, at least.
    Problem is you are arguing with somebody that is brainwashed.

Everything we see from the right-wing are bascily tactics and idea's that Joseph Goebbels came up with around WW2 and perfected.

http://www.azquotes.com/author/5626-Joseph_Goebbels

for examples
    "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself." - Joseph Goebbels
    Everything that Trump says.

"Propaganda must facilitate the displacement of aggression by specifying the targets for hatred." - Joseph Goebbels
    Long list of targets, so not even bothering mentioning the number of people/groups the right-wing currently hates

"...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious." - Joseph Goebbels
    Build the wall

And the reason why we should never tolerate intolerance

"We enter parliament in order to supply ourselves, in the arsenal of democracy, with its own weapons. If democracy is so stupid as to give us free tickets and salaries for this bear's work, that is its affair. We do not come as friends, nor even as neutrals. We come as enemies. As the wolf bursts into the flock, so we come." - Joseph Goebbels

I'm going to respond to this line in two ways:

1) Find me someone who is not a hypocrite.

2) We're (anyone with a higher IQ than Eddard Stark) not hypocrites. We're very selective about the principles we truly hold dear. Everything else is meaningless and a tool in comparison, used for the preservation and advancement of those principles.
    So 1) implies that everyone is, in some way, an hypocrite, which I would almost agree with. But then in 2), you then proceed to claim that very smart people are not hypocrites.

Anyway, let's play the game your way. Since you are so smart, state your principles. You are obviously well aware of them, so in order to have meaningful conversation, you should simply state them here so everyone is on the same page.
    Unless your signature is supposed to be that, instead of an attempt to accuse 'the Left' or whoever you have in mind of being Big Brother. Which is kind of ironic since you are supporting someone to whom the original version of the part you changed would be more applicable, given his relationship to the truth.

And also, why the Ned Stark reference? He was by all means a rather intelligent man. His flaw was being too trusting, which is something that an IQ does not measure.

I've made a decision moving forward on all of this. If Trump decides to obstruct justice, and fires Mueller to derail the investigation, I will cease personal contact with anyone who continues to support the man. I don't need to be friends or acquaintances with anyone who is that partisan, or blatantly ignorant. I'm too old to have stupid people in my life. Being around ignorant fools is quite tiresome.

- - - Updated - - -

2) We're (anyone with a higher IQ than Eddard Stark) not hypocrites. We're very selective about the principles we truly hold dear. Everything else is meaningless and a tool in comparison, used for the preservation and advancement of those principles.
    Your second point is a justification for hypocrisy, not an example of why you are not one. Any Trump support who claims to support individual liberty, limited government, or the free markets is absolutely a hypocrite.

I'd say this makes McConnell more trustworthy than most people in U.S. politics.

This rodeo has been going on for a year now, and before you say "oh, well, we knew it would take several years" give it up
    Stopped here because even though you know things like this could take years you're still acting like Mueller is beholden to you and needs your approval to make sure the job is done right. Well boohoo there, Sally, you get to wait like the rest of us until Annoying Orange is showing up in court to defend himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding? The legislature telling the head of the executive branch that they don't have hiring/firing authority in the executive branch?

Let's be honest, the only thing that decides whether Trump is impeached is control of the House. The DNC would absolutely impeach him without even waiting for Mueller if they win the House.
    Yeah, firing someone to commit obstruction of justice is not something the president can normally do.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, multiple charges, couple plea deals, and an ever expanding scope of the investigation because of the need to find something to pin DJT with.. Keeping in mind Mueller is a deep state operative while Sessions is incompetant Rosenstein is malevolent.. The absolute best case situation you can hope for is the truth of this witch hunt being uncovered and those responsible for it answering to justice.
    Fix'd
    Did....did you just "fix" their sentences with a bunch of conspiracy crap? You did, didn't you? You ma'am have some screws loose.

- - - Updated - - -

And everyone with an IQ above 120 knows a witch hunt when they see one.
    IQ? You mean intellectual quandary? Like how it's a wonder you think you can be smart and think it's a witch hunt? Seems to be a lot of witches in this hunt for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are.
    I know you'd like to pretend otherwise; do so in your alternative reality.
    "They didn't do that to Hillary" means "Someone did something bad which means Trump didn't do anything bad because that person did something first." NOthing like some 1st grade logic by someone that supposedly has an IQ of 120.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Mitch is not going to have Senators going on the record by voting on this. That can happen if the shit actually hits the fan. This isn't a shocking or unwise political move.
    One can only hope there's a vote. It would be so much fun watching what happens.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Repeating talking points you get from people who use simpel propaganda tactics doesn't put you in the smart category.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah, firing someone to commit obstruction of justice is not something the president can normally do.
    It's a highly dubious argument that firing him could so qualify, but hey, as long as twitter things that's how the law works, right? The White House is actually Jobian in its patience considering that Mueller has long since exceeded his commission, which was to investigate accused collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government prior to the election. Indeed, that is the only charge that Rosenstein even had authority to give him, since that was the exclusive subject under which Rosenstein had authority to act in the role of AG, since in turn that was the only subject from which the sitting AG had recused himself. And yet, Stormy Daniels is a thing. Given how impulsive Trump usually is, I'm deeply impressed he hasn't fired one or both of them for flouting the limits of their authority on a mission to "get" him.

It's a highly dubious argument that firing him could so qualify, but hey, as long as twitter things that's how the law works, right? The White House is actually Jobian in its patience considering that Mueller has long since exceeded his commission, which was to investigate accused collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government prior to the election. Indeed, that is the only charge that Rosenstein even had authority to give him, since that was the exclusive subject under which Rosenstein had authority to act in the role of AG, since in turn that was the only subject from which the sitting AG had recused himself. And yet, Stormy Daniels is a thing. Given how impulsive Trump usually is, I'm deeply impressed he hasn't fired one or both of them for flouting the limits of their authority on a mission to "get" him.
    And yet people who actually know something about these investigations and have a vested interest in stopping them are not credibly claiming that Mueller has overstepped any limits and are not making an attempt, legally, to rein him in. So you should probably consider the highly likely possibility that you're just wrong and should learn more facts before saying what you think.

If he did fire Mueller Trump would be looking at a constitutional nightmare. The only smart more Trump has is shutting up and letting things happen as they may, the only reason he's in so much shit is because of how much he talks and caused this to happen to himself. Had he not bragged he fired the previous head of the investigation things wouldn't be so bad for Trump, but since, for some reason, you believe he did no such thing to stop the investigation, even though he said exactly that, makes me wonder what kind of world you live in.

Mueller is only working on what he can and Rosenstein has said Mueller is in the clear. If you can't take a Trump appointee telling another Republican investigator investigating the top Republican right now then perhaps you don't trust your own team to be fair to Trump and you believe Trump actually did some shit.

This has nothing to do with Twitter, who uses twitter? Well besides Trump constantly. It has more to do with the fact that Trump is a fuck nugget that deserves what's coming to him.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are.
    I know you'd like to pretend otherwise; do so in your alternative reality.
    No they aren't. Hillary investigation brought up nothing. Trump investigation has lead to indictments, guilty pleas and raids on multiple people with search warrants signed by Trump-appointed judges.

And also, Mitch McConnell is a scumbag. He's got to be one of the worst people in politics right now.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    And yet people who actually know something about these investigations and have a vested interest in stopping them are not credibly claiming that Mueller has overstepped any limits and are not making an attempt, legally, to rein him in. So you should probably consider the highly likely possibility that you're just wrong and should learn more facts before saying what you think.
    The reasons to let the investigation continue are political, not legal, precisely because the voice of wrong!law is so strong especially amongst people so obsessed with something, anything that could stick it to Trump that they listen to people like Louise Mensch talking about the Marshal of the Supreme Court (NYI).

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If he did fire Mueller Trump would be looking at a constitutional nightmare. The only smart more Trump has is shutting up and letting things happen as they may, the only reason he's in so much shit is because of how much he talks and caused this to happen to himself. Had he not bragged he fired the previous head of the investigation things wouldn't be so bad for Trump, but since, for some reason, you believe he did no such thing to stop the investigation, even though he said exactly that, makes me wonder what kind of world you live in.
    What constitutional nightmare? An at-will executive branch employee being fired by the head of the executive branch isn't a "constitutional crisis" so much as it just "the constitution". As for that previous head, he just nationally beclowned himself by explicitly admitted he was making decisions throughout 2016 based on how he thought the election was going.

Mueller is only working on what he can and Rosenstein has said Mueller is in the clear. If you can't take a Trump appointee telling another Republican investigator investigating the top Republican right now then perhaps you don't trust your own team to be fair to Trump and you believe Trump actually did some shit.
    Rosenstein's after the fact clearance is weightless, because, again, Rosenstein's exclusive authority to delegate to Mueller is limited solely to that from which Sessions recused himself, which was collusion with Russia. Of which, incidentally, we're all still breathlessly waiting for anyone to get off of square one.

This has nothing to do with Twitter, who uses twitter? Well besides Trump constantly. It has more to do with the fact that Trump is a fuck nugget that deserves what's coming to him.
    I use "twitter" kinda blanketly these days for "places where people who don't know a fucking thing about the law speak authoritatively about it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No they aren't. Hillary investigation brought up nothing. Trump investigation has lead to indictments, guilty pleas and raids on multiple people with search warrants signed by Trump-appointed judges.
    Hillary investigation was a predetermined outcome by her boy Jim Comey, of course. His sole regret of 2016 is that he tried to rehab his credibility in October after the unrelated sex sting made him look bad, which he all but said he only did because he thought she had the election in the bag. That it probably didn't swing the election probably isn't much reassurance to him.

And also, Mitch McConnell is a scumbag. He's got to be one of the worst people in politics right now.
    True, but probably for all reasons you don't realize or agree with.

He's totally not going to be fired, that's why I can't stop him being fired. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Fake news that is spewed out by the liberal media. There has been not been over a dozen plea deals and indictments, new branches discovered during the investigation, and tons of proof of wrong doing in less then a year. You blind sheep just follow everything CNN who is funded by the the George Soros globalist/Hillary Shadow Government alliance. We need to stop wasting all that precious tax payer money on a witch hunt. We need to give that money to the rich so they can buy back even more of their stocks to artificially raise their stock value. That or we use the money to investigate Hillary for the 10th time. 10th time is definitely the charm I can feel it in my bones.
    You know we really can't tell the satire posts apart from the real ones anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    This thread has an impressive shill/sane ratio. 2/8, not counting the sarcastic one. Are the Trump cranks returning from their self-imposed silence?
    They seem especially triggered, I don't think it'll last long.

Xarim was in here last night screaming that everyone was a loser SJW for not giving Trump a high five over North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.