Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Were they advertising that they were world traveling coke smugglers or something? If not just an old of touch old man who can't just blame criminal actions on criminals being criminals.

edit: old woman don't @ me

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I dont see what them wanting to take pictures of themselves for social media has to do with how they were also peddling cocaine.

And is the judge also saying that people didnt travel before social media?

The judge is from the boomer generation isnt he?
    Isn't he? You mean she? Last I checked, Catherine isn't a man's name. Did you even fully read the post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There you go, pushing more rampant authoritarianism in your anti-freedom crusade. Seriously, why don't you just beg to imprison everyone? It will be faster.
    Sorry but you dont have the right to harm other people which is exactly what these 2 are doing by selling them coke

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought perhaps they caught her because she was posting the coke trafficking on Instagram but it turns out that isn’t the case and the judge just really doesn’t like the new “keeping up with the jones” and much prefers the old version her generation was known for, IE having perfect grass and loudly announcing to everyone you’re going on a vacation and then inviting each friend over to show them pictures. What happened to the good ol’ days when you had to suffer face to face interaction when you wanted to brag?!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Sorry but you dont have the right to harm other people which is exactly what these 2 are doing by selling them coke
    That's strange, show me a single person who was ever harmed by selling coke. I'll wait.

Sugar kills far more people, should we ban all unhealthy foods and soft drinks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I thought perhaps they caught her because she was posting the coke trafficking on Instagram but it turns out that isn’t the case and the judge just really doesn’t like the new “keeping up with the jones” and much prefers the old version her generation was known for, IE having perfect grass and loudly announcing to everyone you’re going on a vacation and then inviting each friend over to show them pictures. What happened to the good ol’ days when you had to suffer face to face interaction when you wanted to brag?!
    I reaaaally wish this forum had an upvote feature. +1 spot on

Deleted
    That's strange, show me a single person who was ever harmed by selling coke. I'll wait.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-murders-2017

Deleted
    MTV generation didn't do this crap man.

So, where was the person harmed by selling coke? It would appear that they were harmed by assholes stabbing and shooting them.

Selling, using, purchasing, transporting, and producing (in most cases) drugs does not harm others.

Or, are we now saying that a grocery store should be punished for selling cookies?

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of idiots.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

Selling, using, purchasing, transporting, and producing (in most cases) drugs does not harm others.
    This is bollocks, denying the human cost in illegal drugs is farcical. (im pro legalisation, but lets not pretend that there isnt a body count currently)

I fail to see the connection between them posting selfies of themselves on Instagram and them smuggling drugs. They were sentenced for smuggling cocaine, not because of taking a bad selfie.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    This is bollocks, denying the human cost in illegal drugs is farcical. (im pro legalisation, but lets not pretend that there isnt a body count currently)
    A large reason for that human costs is because of the prohibition of those drugs. Look at how much safer it is to sell cigarettes and alcohol. I mean, sure... one can expect a fair amount of violence against vapers, but I think that may be an image issue.

The murders are mostly due to the competition to sell the illegal product. As for the overdoses, that's people killing themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I fail to see the connection between them posting selfies of themselves on Instagram and them smuggling drugs. They were sentenced for smuggling cocaine, not because of taking a bad selfie.
    the idea is that they funded a lifestyle designed to narcissisticly boast/show off on instagram by smuggling coke

- - - Updated - - -

The murders are mostly due to the competition to sell the illegal product.
    Which makes 'Selling, using, purchasing, transporting, and producing (in most cases) drugs does not harm others.' an insane statement

Since every aspect of drug production currently involves murder and a wide variety of other crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Old man rants about kids these days, news at 11.

Also, none of those things should be crimes.
    I know you are a neckbeard narcissist who loves to reply to every single thread, but try reading what you comment on for once.... Judge Kate Traill is a woman.

the idea is that they funded a lifestyle designed to narcissisticly boast/show off on instagram by smuggling coke

- - - Updated - - -

Which makes 'Selling, using, purchasing, transporting, and producing (in most cases) drugs does not harm others.' an insane statement

Since every aspect of drug production currently involves murder and a wide variety of other crimes.
    So, show me a single example where it does harm others. You pointed to cartels shooting each other, but not where those specific actions cause harm to others.

Also, the reason they murder each other, is because of prohibition, so those who want it to be illegal are supporting that violence, not me. Look at the Prohibition Era in the United States. Once it was legalized, the murders over producing alcohol died down significantly, did they not? The last time I checked, the folks at Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam are not shooting each other.

I don't care on what they spend their ill-gotten money. What's important is that the drug smugling mules were sentenced to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, show me a single example where it does harm others. You pointed to cartels shooting each other, but not where those specific actions cause harm to others.

Also, the reason they murder each other, is because of prohibition, so those who want it to be illegal are supporting that violence, not me. Look at the Prohibition Era in the United States. Once it was legalized, the murders over producing alcohol died down significantly, did they not? The last time I checked, the folks at Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam are not shooting each other.
    That's the point

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    That's the point
    The point is that if people want to try and displace responsibility for murders related to the drug trade, then the vast majority of those deaths would fall on the heads of those who support prohibition.

Purchasing, selling, transporting, and buying a drug does not harm others.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The asinine thing is that they only got 4 and 8 years in jail for what amounts to a trunk full of coke. They shouldve been sentenced to life. That amount of coke would probably kill 1000 people. But then again this is Australia where they dont like to hold people accountable for themselves. When they get out, they will probably be given a free place to live and $2500 a month until and if they ever get a job too
    If they are not an Australian citizens in this case they are not they will get deported back to their country of origin..