Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    How the hell did this happen?
    Well, you see, he’s starting a new company. Which he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Every time I see this senior developer at Blizzard that started 15 years ago as a Game Tester, WoW GM, Customer Service Phone Guy, or other simple hourly job... I am mad that I didn't happen to live in Irvine 15 years ago and be able to snag a sweet job that would last a lifetime.
    You could have moved across the country to do it. Have to take risks. That's what I did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yep, making new cards is VERY easy, you can easily do it yourself.
    the time takers is
    1. new mechanics, as well they need to create a new line of code to operate that system
    2. new interactions, again same thing
    3. balancing
    4. art
    as shown in 1502 video made by shitload of streamers and youtubers, do u REALLY see them test how game should work or balance? like seriously ?
    it took less than 1 day to build pirate warrior deck, if they were actually testing 'balance' during msog internal beta, they were testing how to play while smoking as much weed as possible then, or kotf with druid overlord that again fucked balance in 1st week, so claiming they actually 'test balance' is like like claiming pigs can fly, except pigs can fly sounds more realistic
    as for bugs, just check disguised toast will answer that, again pigs flying sounds fare more realistic than blizz testing 'game bugs'
    so now that testing bugs, or balancing is out, and art for at least 50% of cards is taken from warcraft tcg (already made since ages)... so what exactly is 'hard' they do?
    while i didn't play Yugi since ages, my friend who used to play it claim it is more balanced than hearthstone, and from watching HS no one can deny the game is 99% luck (or 'pure skill' as they like to call it) and 0.9% again luck then 0.1% luck because what else u need to win? the 'skill' that the card u get helps u win the game?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    ;n;

Dammit Ben, no one can replace your passionate laughter

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Finaly, i hope HS gets now better.
    I mean look at Legion after Metzen left.
    It's hard to say if Metzen was there or not during most of the pivotal decisions made during Legion. Not to mention it seemed from interviews he had switch over to the Titan/OW squad a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Ben Brode is BY FAR one of my ULTIMATE Favorite Blizzard people!!! Lore, Ben, among a few others that are ALWAYS pushing the limits of how to do business right.. He will be greatly missed in the Hearthstone community, and I hope that whatever he does in the future, he keeps up the A+ work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Because we don't have a seperate Hearthstone MMO-Champion.
    Then post it on the Hearthstone page (instead of the main page). People come and go; should we post their HR records? NEWSFLASH: Blizzard hired a janitor, Paul Whogivesafook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... It's not going to be the same seeing Hearthstone videos without his laughter. His positivity just radiated out into his projects. You could tell he had passion for what he was doing. Wherever he decided to go to, they're lucky to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Then post it on the Hearthstone page (instead of the main page). People come and go; should we post their HR records? NEWSFLASH: Blizzard hired a janitor, Paul Whogivesafook.
    Ben Brode worked on WoW for years, hence the relevance. And he was one of the biggest names at Blizzard.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Then post it on the Hearthstone page (instead of the main page).
    Did you read? There is no seperate Hearthstone NEWS section for MMO-Champion.

Anyway, he also worked on other games at Blizzard for a long time.

Ben Brode worked on WoW for years, hence the relevance. And he was one of the biggest names at Blizzard.
    He only worked on QA when he was on WoW, most of his relevant work came from Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    as shown in 1502 video made by shitload of streamers and youtubers, do u REALLY see them test how game should work or balance? like seriously ?
    it took less than 1 day to build pirate warrior deck, if they were actually testing 'balance' during msog internal beta, they were testing how to play while smoking as much weed as possible then, or kotf with druid overlord that again fucked balance in 1st week, so claiming they actually 'test balance' is like like claiming pigs can fly, except pigs can fly sounds more realistic
    as for bugs, just check disguised toast will answer that, again pigs flying sounds fare more realistic than blizz testing 'game bugs'
    so now that testing bugs, or balancing is out, and art for at least 50% of cards is taken from warcraft tcg (already made since ages)... so what exactly is 'hard' they do?
    while i didn't play Yugi since ages, my friend who used to play it claim it is more balanced than hearthstone, and from watching HS no one can deny the game is 99% luck (or 'pure skill' as they like to call it) and 0.9% again luck then 0.1% luck because what else u need to win? the 'skill' that the card u get helps u win the game?
    Sounds like someone doesn't know how to play a TCG competitively or well. Some people say cribbage is entirely a game of chance too until they get absolutely toasted by someone who's good at the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone has never really caught my attention. Too many cards, too much RNG, not fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Metzen is one of co-founders of blizz, he created the basic of every franchise blizz own, are u really trying to compare metzen with ben ?
    The situation yes, not the stature of the company or value to Blizzard. I won't dispute with you that Metzen was more essential to Blizzard, but Brode pretty much was Hearthstone.

Sad day for blizzard, really sad. I loved Ben, I thought he was great..

Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    To what company is he going ?
    Read his post much? He explains at the end where he's going...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Nooooo. Ben had the most charisma out of any the Blizzard devs since Metzen. This is a sad day indeed... *sad Brode laughter*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sonalita View Post
    Read his post much? He explains at the end where he's going...
    Yeah and I'm asking what company - completely new or maybe help Bonfire start up.. there are various options.

Maybe you should check that attitude and fuck right off with it.

why ppl think when a lead designer that been working for the same company leaves, to star his own companies, is bc there is a issue with the former companies, and no bc he want to grow.????

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    why ppl think when a lead designer that been working for the same company leaves, to star his own companies, is bc there is a issue with the former companies, and no bc he want to grow.????
    Because whenever anyone leaves Blizzard you have halfwits posting the "HURR SINKING SHIP" bollocks to either try and be clever or claim a company that is consistently up on profits is "dying".

Quote Originally Posted by Codegen View Post
    Great news. Couldn't stand his fake laugh in all videos/streams.
    Exactly my thoughts.