Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    What's the px size of zandalar and kul tiras? BI was 9204704 at launch.
    When I last saw these measurements from earlier Alpha, Zandalar was 7.257 million pixels and Kul Tiras 6.841 million.

So 14 million combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    When I last saw these measurements from earlier Alpha, Zandalar was 7.257 million pixels and Kul Tiras 6.841 million.

So 14 million combined.
    Yeah some mountains but the continents are bigger than pandaria or BI but smaller than OL Northrend or Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Bigger than Cata too. About the same size as MoP if you include all its patch islands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Any chance for Blizzard to make a map that looks like this for the new islands we can level in Battle for Azeroth?
    Right now the World map has Temp Map WIP at the bottom left.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Mobs (not just beasts but humanoids as well) have done that since vanilla.
    Only if you are stealthed

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Mobs (not just beasts but humanoids as well) have done that since vanilla.
    No? Mobs immediately aggro when you're within their aggro range, there's currently no indicator that you're edging too close.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Only if you are stealthed
    Yep, as an indication they've noticed something suspicious. Other than that they either don't notice you at all, or rush at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but there's a nice little detail in the Alpha where, if you get within a certain range of beast mobs -- but not close enough to aggro, they will face you and growl as a warning.
    Pretty cool, I like all the little details they add that just give more life to the world, like WoD changing the grass so it moves when you walk through it, and Wrath having the predator animals attack critters and prey animals like deer.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Am I wrong in remembering that Nazjatar and Plunder Isles were zones listed in the very first few builds of BFA?

Could Plunder Isles be a placeholder name for Dragon Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    No? Mobs immediately aggro when you're within their aggro range, there's currently no indicator that you're edging too close.
    Unstealthed, yes.

If a stealthed character is getting close to a mob, it will turn towards you first before noticing and aggroing to you. This is how stealth has worked since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but there's a nice little detail in the Alpha where, if you get within a certain range of beast mobs -- but not close enough to aggro, they will face you and growl as a warning.
    Welcome to Vanilla WoW.

Noticed this earlier today, was somewhat creeped out the first time it happened as I've never played a class that utilizes stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unstealthed, yes.

If a stealthed character is getting close to a mob, it will turn towards you first before noticing and aggroing to you. This is how stealth has worked since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Vanilla WoW.
    You just agreed with everyone who corrected that person (that it has been in the game for stealthed people) then said "welcome to vanilla" as if people hadn't just said "this only happened in stealth".

So you agreed that ONLY stealth has done this, then made a sarcastic joke at someone for saying that that happens outside stealth now, which is indeed new. You even said it doesn't currently happen while not stealthed. What are you going for here?
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Is this even a thing everywhere or just a couple of beasts in Tirisgarde Sound? I only remember those annoying yellow animals that spawn right next to the things you are supposed to kill, only to have to agro via face or aoe anyway :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    You just agreed with everyone who corrected that person (that it has been in the game for stealthed people) then said "welcome to vanilla" as if people hadn't just said "this only happened in stealth".

So you agreed that ONLY stealth has done this, then made a sarcastic joke at someone for saying that that happens outside stealth now, which is indeed new. You even said it doesn't currently happen while not stealthed. What are you going for here?
    Got my shit mixed up and though people were talking about the stealth behaviour as something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my shit mixed up and though people were talking about the stealth behaviour as something new.
    Okay gotcha. That's why I was confused haha
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Ah man. Animals turning to you and growling first, instead of mindlessly running at you? That may be my second-favorite feature of all of BfA, if that makes it in.

It's always kind of bothered me that every animal in the game just seems out for blood. Immediately charging anyone that wandered into its neighbourhood. This is a lot more immersive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a video of that?

Uploading video.

- - - Updated - - -

And here.

Mobs give you one warning. If you approach them again, they'll aggro. It also looks like they have implemented head tracking similar to what player characters have currently. That rarespawn didn't know where it should have looked when I was inside its hitbox.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2018-04-23 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't really entirely new, this same mechanic has worked with stealth for years, as well as running around mobs lower than your level (typically gray ones, I think maybe even green). I think it even worked with mobs around your level at one point too way back when, or maybe I'm just mis-remembering that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    This isn't really entirely new, this same mechanic has worked with stealth for years, as well as running around mobs lower than your level (typically gray ones, I think maybe even green). I think it even worked with mobs around your level at one point too way back when, or maybe I'm just mis-remembering that bit.
    It has always been on for stealth. But without stealth mobs currently just directly aggro to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has always been on for stealth. But without stealth mobs currently just directly aggro to you.

Didn't need to make a second video, I was talking about the past. On the current servers it only works for gray (and maybe green) mobs, but in the past I believe it originally worked for same level mobs to an extent, unless I'm remembering something that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Bolvar crashes Anduin and Taelia's wedding?

Can anyone post a screenshot with Rexxar's new model and Misha beside him as well?
    For the Horde!