The Dixon to Giants trade was for a conditional 7th rounder. No idea why they did not just wait for him to be cut, but he was a 7th round pick so got the pick back they spent on him. Hopefully it works out for both teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems Aaron Rodgers has become a minority owner of the Milwaukee Bucks. Not sure what kind of power he has in regards to that, but that's interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Mike Mayock released his final positional rankings: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-rankings-30

I always find these VERY intruiging cause Mike is very clued in and typically knows what prospects are being looked at and he definitely let's that count in his rankings.

Few surprises I already noticed: Orlando Brown is still his 5th ranked tackle. I think that means he still goes early day 2, which is still way beyond where I would want the guy. Connor Williams dropped below Kolton Miller, which I didn;t expect.

Still looking at other positions but those surprises are less big to me (Arden Key dropping from the Edge list for instance).
    Mayock puts greater emphasis on tape, Brown was good on tape even if the combine raised red flags so it doesn't surprise me that he's hanging in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Mayock puts greater emphasis on tape, Brown was good on tape even if the combine raised red flags so it doesn't surprise me that he's hanging in there.
    Good point.

I'm guessing that means that Brown is still in favour with those teams who place less importance on the Underwear Olympics.

The more I read though, the more I like Connor Williams to the Patriots. He seems to be that slightly underweight but very athletic type of lineman that the Patriots prefer. Most of our guys are undersized but quick. He has shorter arms though, and that's typically a no-no for Patriots draft picks. For some reason BB likes long arms.

Not invested in him, cause that's folly with Patriots, you never know what they'll do. But I suspect he might be on Patriots radar in their draft range.

- - - Updated - - -

Crying laughing right now. https://youtu.be/ynin0UGSL9o?t=3m10s

That is soooooooo lacking self awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Crying laughing right now. https://youtu.be/ynin0UGSL9o?t=3m10s

That is soooooooo lacking self awareness.
    Fuck that guy...

Guys, I think I may be going to a draft watch party for the first time ever. Buffalo is in a fever pitch. Like holy shit everyone's losing their minds. I won't sleep at all this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ready for the draft, first time that I can remember having no idea what's gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Guys, I think I may be going to a draft watch party for the first time ever. Buffalo is in a fever pitch. Like holy shit everyone's losing their minds. I won't sleep at all this week.
    I won't be going to a party but I'll keep up with it live. Hopefully the Bills don't screw it up! The QB situation will be interesting; I wonder if someone we draft will actually end up getting to start at all this season or whether we're just taking a mulligan and start AJ Mcarron every game. (Alternately, we could bring in Peterson if we wanna set an INT record and get high draft picks next year.)

It'd be a shame to waste Incognito's last season.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    I won't be going to a party but I'll keep up with it live. Hopefully the Bills don't screw it up! The QB situation will be interesting; I wonder if someone we draft will actually end up getting to start at all this season or whether we're just taking a mulligan and start AJ Mcarron every game. (Alternately, we could bring in Peterson if we wanna set an INT record and get high draft picks next year.)

It'd be a shame to waste Incognito's last season.
    INcognito retired last week, or so he says. Still don't know what's up with that situation.

I think if we draft Rosen, he has a good chance of winning the starting job. Anyone else will be on the bench at least half the season.

We have 6 of 9 home games starting in late October, and week 9 is home against the Bears. Looks like a good landing spot to me for a rookie's first start if it isn't Rosen. And Rosen's draft stock seems to be sliding, which is unfathomable to me, so there's a chance we can get him at 6-9 instead of 2 or 4 or 5 and pay a lot less. Some mocks have him falling to 12 to us without us doing anything, which is fucking hilarious if you ask me. Said mock had Vita Vea going to the Dolphins at 11, which seems absurd, though.

Best case scenario for this week:
    1) We somehow draft Josh Rosen at 12 and give up none of our 6 picks in the first 100.
    2) We win the NHL Draft lottery on Saturday and get Rasmus Dahlin for the Sabres next year.

Worst case scenario for this week:
    1) We spend the farm to go up to 1 or 2 and then draft Josh Allen. I could bite my tongue and swallow that pill for Rosen or Darnold, but if we trade up to the top to take Allen I will literally scream into the night.
    2) The Islanders win the lottery with their pick from the Flames, then get the 2nd pick with their own pick, then the Sabres fall all the way to the 4th pick.

Deleted
    So apparently the Niners are going to have R2D2 and Chewbacca announce some of their later round draft picks. I figured that'd be tough to follow but if it's true that Tampa Bay will have a parrot announce one of theirs I think they're the ones to beat atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    So apparently the Niners are going to have R2D2 and Chewbacca announce some of their later round draft picks. I figured that'd be tough to follow but if it's true that Tampa Bay will have a parrot announce one of theirs I think they're the ones to beat atm.
    Note to self: don't watch the later rounds of the draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-7 is a shitshow anyway, the picks come in faster than they get reported on. Better to watch night's 1 and 2, and get the third day on twitter.

Denver's day 3 picks are being announced from a run down, shithole restaurant with bad food, so teams might be competing for worst ways to do it.

I am a little surprised no one has traded up to 4 or 5 yet, but then again it probably makes more sense to wait and see which QBs are left before doing so. There has been reports that the Bills, Dolphins and Cardinals are interested in doing it, but those might just be common sense reports with no backing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There could be standing conditional offers, if the board falls the right way, that a team would be willing to consummate on the day. I'm sure these trades have been discussed at length, but without knowing the available players, they wait. I'm anticipating the unexpected trade up, last year it was KC, who could it be this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    4-7 is a shitshow anyway, the picks come in faster than they get reported on. Better to watch night's 1 and 2, and get the third day on twitter.
    Heresy! Day 3 rocks, that's when the ties come off and they chat about stuff and interesting players. Day 3 is the best.

INcognito retired last week, or so he says. Still don't know what's up with that situation.

I think if we draft Rosen, he has a good chance of winning the starting job. Anyone else will be on the bench at least half the season.

We have 6 of 9 home games starting in late October, and week 9 is home against the Bears. Looks like a good landing spot to me for a rookie's first start if it isn't Rosen. And Rosen's draft stock seems to be sliding, which is unfathomable to me, so there's a chance we can get him at 6-9 instead of 2 or 4 or 5 and pay a lot less. Some mocks have him falling to 12 to us without us doing anything, which is fucking hilarious if you ask me. Said mock had Vita Vea going to the Dolphins at 11, which seems absurd, though.

Best case scenario for this week:
    1) We somehow draft Josh Rosen at 12 and give up none of our 6 picks in the first 100.
    2) We win the NHL Draft lottery on Saturday and get Rasmus Dahlin for the Sabres next year.

Worst case scenario for this week:
    1) We spend the farm to go up to 1 or 2 and then draft Josh Allen. I could bite my tongue and swallow that pill for Rosen or Darnold, but if we trade up to the top to take Allen I will literally scream into the night.
    2) The Islanders win the lottery with their pick from the Flames, then get the 2nd pick with their own pick, then the Sabres fall all the way to the 4th pick.
    Ah shit, you're right. I saw that he retired, then unretired, but didn't see the second retirement. Well, that sucks.

I'm a bigger fan of Rosen than Darnold. Ohio State pretty much toyed with Darnold in their bowl game this year, which ended up looking even closer than it was, and he was hit or miss through much of USC's regular season too. I'll admit to having watched even less UCLA games than USC this year, so I'd have to go look up Rosen's stats. If we can get any of the major QBs at 12 that'd be a pretty big coup. I don't know if I'd trade up to 4 or 5 unless I was absolutely sure that other teams were going to pull the trigger earlier. I still don't feel good about trading Tyrod, but what's done is done. I think he would've been a better mentor to a new qb than McCarron.

I'm just praying we don't stay at 12 and be happy with Lamar Jackson/Mason Rudolph, especially if any of the top 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, imo) slip beyond pick 5.

Especially since the Jets are getting a guy at 3.

This week, btw, could be an AFC East altering week. Two of the 4 teams are expected to take top 10 QB prospects, and a third (Miami) could very well make a move too, though no one really knows how they feel about Tannehill. And the Pats are looking for the new heir apparent as well.

I'm just praying we don't stay at 12 and be happy with Lamar Jackson/Mason Rudolph, especially if any of the top 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, imo) slip beyond pick 5.

This week, btw, could be an AFC East altering week. Two of the 4 teams are expected to take top 10 QB prospects, and a third (Miami) could very well make a move too, though no one really knows how they feel about Tannehill. And the Pats are looking for the new heir apparent as well.
    Yep, should be interesting. I really hate Baker Mayfield, so I'm not thrilled with the prospect of playing him twice a year if he goes to the Jets and they actually improve. I'd be ok with us curbstomping teams he led twice a year, but I'm not sure it'll go that route. What a disrespectful, childish piece of garbage.

I don't consider either Jackson or Rudolph to be serious potential starters in the NFL, so we're going to be in real trouble if we miss out on the top four qbs.

10+ Year Old Account

Not could. Will be.

Jets, Bills, Pats will all make decisions QB-wise that will resonate for several years, and like you said, maybe Miami too. If any of those teams get their decision wrong this week, it's going to take YEARS to recover from it, even the Patriots (assuming they go QB in the first 2 rounds). If Pats don't go for QB till the 3rd then there's plenty of reason for them to move on from the QB if he's not developing like they want. They did that with Brissett. But even then, it would mean there's no succession plan for Brady if they get this wrong, which would spell trouble if he walks away in 1 or 2 years.

HUGE week for the AFC East.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleveland is in full smoke screen mode, saying that they are considering Baker Mayfield at #1, who are they trying to bait into trading for the #1 pick I wonder.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants looking to trade Ereck Flowers, could the Seahawks be looking to land another first round bust on their OLine?