Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    At this point I would expect an ilevel squish every two expansions. With the way we are progressing gear wise it would make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Max ilvl per expansion:

Classic: 80
    TBC: 164. Increase: 84.
    Wrath: 284. Increase: 124
    Cata: 416. Increase: 132
    MOP: 616 Increase: 200
    WOD: 795 Increase: 180
    Legion: 1000 Increase: 205

The speed of the scaling steadily increased until MoP. It's far too fast now, especially between raids. Squishes allow them to keep going.
    These numbers after Cata are all wrong, you must have been on some nasty drugs to be able to have conjured them.

In reality it was:
    MOP: 566 Increase: 150
    WOD: 745 Increase: 179
    Legion: 970 Increase: 225

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    We'll be at Cataclysm level gear in the first raid. Blizz, wouldn't it make more sense to really squish it and keep it squished?
    From the frontpage off MMO Champ.

320 bracers
    https://beta.wowdb.com/items/161071-...oe-cloth-wrist

110 pre-raid mace
    https://beta.wowdb.com/items/161118-marrow-shatter

Legion Dungeon Heroic = 166

\/--\/--\/--\/
    Legion Dungeon Mythic
    Emerald Nightmare Normal
    Emerald Nightmare Heroic
    Emerald Nightmare Mythic
    --ToV--
    Tomb of Sargeras Normal
    Tomb of Sargeras Heroic
    Tomb of Sargeras Mythic
    Antorus, the Burning Throne Normal
    Antorus, the Burning Throne Heroic
    Antorus, the Burning Throne Mythic
    BfA Dungeon Normal (120 scaling)
    BfA Dungeon Heroic
    BfA Dungeon Mythic
    Uldir Normal
    Uldir Heroic
    /\--/\--/\--/\

BfA Mythic = 360

194 ilvl difference with all that content in between? .. What's the issue?

Deleted
    The problem is they are squishing after squishing, they can't squish lower continents much more or you're literally going to have a damage increase every 10 levels because it will take you that long to gain a few additional main stat. So they're just gonna squish every 3rd expansion (based on the current squish amount).

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I don't see why we don't just go to ilvl 100,000. Considering those numbers aren't used in combat, I never understood the need to adjust item levels. They are separate to the stats on gear clearly due to the last squish.

To me it seems like Blizzard justifying a coders pet organization project, like 200 labor hours of painstakingly managing every ilvl down. There are probably a 100,000 other more useful things that developer could be doing though, and it's that lack of management that always seems to ruin Blizzard's plans.
    Item level is a coefficient for the stats on an item. They tell the game what stats an item have, and what item-level it is, and the numbers fill themselves, and for the most part, I'd imagine ilvl squish was mostly a % thing. It really wouldn't be a mammoth task I doubt. The hard work would be scaling mobs to suit the reduced stats and player power. It's likely that soloing old raids would be iffy for a little while, but they'd sort it after the fact (because frankly, testing on old world content is a complete waste of time right now).