Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    That Q&A

"Back in the Orcs vs Humans there was more nuance than orcs = evil." No there wasn't. They were genocidal alien invaders who wanted to destroy all life on azeroth. If that isn't explicitly evil I need to judge the moral compass of the developer. Also, they really need to stop excusing literally everything the horde does.

"I was raised by arthas into undeath... I will kill him." - Sylvannas at some point.

"I will raise you into undeath if you even slightly threaten me. but don't worry, you totally have free will, but in the end you will serve me." - Sylvannas now.
    well they cant come out and say "this character you love is evil and if you like them you should hate yourself"

but sounded like they were talking about The horde and he probably meant more things like Baine and the champions trusting sylvannas for the moment.

Sylvia stans and ppl who are anti horde for no reason, need to stop conflating "the horde" the people, The Horde the organization, and Sylvannas.

Is sylvannas evil? always has been
    Is the Horde evil? No but groups within it are and complicity is almost as bad as doing it yourself.
    Are the members of the horde evil? Some are some arent.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    If you don't value gameplay in an MMO game, you shouldn't be playing an MMO game.
    We have gameplay, and it's fine for most specs. I would love for the people that complain 24/7 to actually list the specs that they think are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Are you looking forward to mandatory personal loot? GCD changes? No tier sets? Netherlight Crucible passives being the only form of character progressions?
    yes?

most ppl do personal loot anyways, GCD dont really affect anything. Tier sets still exist they are just in azerite gear, unless you mean armor, then yes i'd much rather them make armor that came from a raid then rethink what a paladin looks like for the 50th time and the NC is just an expansion on artifacts so "NC like passives" is basically the system we've had. And Every other expansion has only had item lvl as 'progression" So STILL better than wrath

You cant just List things that exist and assume ppl think the same way you do. You have to prove they are bad. the entire internet has discussed it back and forth. if you dont like it there is nothing wrong with that. but stop assuming that its the only valid opinion
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    yes?

most ppl do personal loot anyways, GCD dont really affect anything. Tier sets still exist they are just in azerite gear, unless you mean armor, then yes i'd much rather them make armor that came from a raid then rethink what a paladin looks like for the 50th time and the NC is just an expansion on artifacts so "NC like passives" is basically the system we've had. And Every other expansion has only had item lvl as 'progression" So STILL better than wrath

You cant just List things that exist and assume ppl think the same way you do. You have to prove they are bad. the entire internet has discussed it back and forth. if you dont like it there is nothing wrong with that. but stop assuming that its the only valid opinion
    Nearly all my list could be made optional. Theres no need to REMOVE a feature in the game from the start. Why do you people defend these changes when they are forced when there is no need. Its an MMORPG, there should be more options on how you play than a standard MOBA game

If you want to use PL use PL, why cant me and my guild use master looter.

If you want GCD on your spells have GCD on your spells, why cant I get them removed through items or gameplay if I dont like it?

its uninspiring lazy and boring game development

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.... I never understood why they paint the Horde as noble warriors that are just trying to survive... While they actively start wars.

Its okay though, as the Alliance is bad by defending itself because that is selfish.
    hmmm? have you payed attention to the plot? when garrosh was doing a war campaign, every other race went along with it so garrosh woudlnt kick them out of hte horde or target them. thats called survival.

And its obvious in BFA sylvannas keeps pushing this idea that the alliance will eventually 'come for them all". She's just like the american confederates "First they'll come for our slaves, then they'll come for your farms, your land. YOu need to fight to protect me! because its protecting yourselves"

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is wrong with Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    From those I've tried on Alpha, Unholy is a disaster but at least they are planning to fix it. I cannot make sense of what they want us to do with Arcane. Shadow is slow and lacks moments that feel rewarding. Assassination is far too plain. Fury also does not feel rewarding. As for tanks I only tried Paladin and I just feel I am far too restrained on what I can do to help my party with all the nerfs to HotP (not counting tank damage since who knows how that will be tuned).
    I can only guess in some updated build there will be fixed things. And...those that want to respond to me please note I said GUESS.

Blizzard needs to rethink these Q&As
    I prefer they pick better questions and no I don't think I'm being patronized.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-04-26 at 09:44 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I honestly don't understand why they would pick and answer a question they cannot possible answer to anyone's satisfaction. Didn't no one teach them that sometimes it's better to say nothing?
    becaauuuuse we wont shut up about it!

Its just like how at EVERY blizzcon and EVERy Q and A we've asked them about blood elves and jaina and wrathion and this and that. Thats whats annoying about all these is they basically end up having to give the same pat answers to questions they've already explained. There was a huge forum post explaining about the GCD change but that didnt satisfy enough so he had to give a bigger explanation here. They already explained the Tier thing but yet again they had to explain it again. they explained the High elf thing three times but ppl dont like the answer so they continue to badger them

i mean this is the community that asked them if Jaina was a dreadlord at blizzcon and afte a very confused dev who wondered why thats evena question because the question is ridiculous, answered it i think a year later ppl AGAIN asked if jaina was evil and they finally could confirm shes not written to be ect.

I mean this is the community that constantly conflates the actions of a group with an individual. No one in their RIGHT mind thinks that ALL members of the horde or alliance are bad but that doesnt seem to matter. johnny 2 toes is apparently a racist bastard because Samantha Rightop thinks Orcs are 'pigs".

You have to consider the context. We keep badgering them with the same questions just cus we dont like the answer and we wont get anywhere

- - - Updated - - -

If all you can communicate is how you know better and we should just trust you, maybe just don't communicate. If I wanted to be patronized, I'd call my dad.
    Blizzard needs to rethink these Q&As
    doctor visits must be great for you

"You are sick"

"pfft who are you to tell me what i am? How dare you"

I mean they explained their reasoning RIGHT there

you dont have to aggree but dont act like they didnt give a logical reason

You have to consider the context. We keep badgering them with the same questions just cus we dont like the answer and we wont get anywhere
    They said the same thing about transmog for years; they said we didn't really want it.
    Then when their little "get better or fuck off" experiment backfired and they were scrambling for features to put into the game to try to stop it from dying, they suddenly changed their tune.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    How does it feel to be playing the role of damage control for Blizzard without being paid for it?

Nearly all my list could be made optional. Theres no need to REMOVE a feature in the game from the start. Why do you people defend these changes when they are forced when there is no need. Its an MMORPG, there should be more options on how you play than a standard MOBA game

If you want to use PL use PL, why cant me and my guild use master looter.

If you want GCD on your spells have GCD on your spells, why cant I get them removed through items or gameplay if I dont like it?

its uninspiring lazy and boring game development
    No one said you cant want master loot. what i was talking about is you assuming other people felt the same way. Most ppl use personal loot. So YES most people are unbothered by master loot going away. No one is going to think BFA is worse because there is no master loot other than a few guilds who still use it.

and the GCD thing is non sensicle. They arent going to make the primary thing that effects combat be based on player choices, this isnt particle affects. And who said i wanted more GCDs? I dont want a nerf any more than other people. But i'm reasonable enough to realize just cus i see something as making the game more difficult or w/e doesnt make it a BAD change.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    How does it feel to be playing the role of damage control for Blizzard without being paid for it?
    whats it like living a life of hatred and anger and insulting real life people just cus you dont like what happens to a game?

stop looking down on ppl just cus they dont share your opinions

No one said you cant want master loot. what i was talking about is you assuming other people felt the same way. Most ppl use personal loot. So YES most people are unbothered by master loot going away. No one is going to think BFA is worse because there is no master loot other than a few guilds who still use it.

and the GCD thing is non sensicle. They arent going to make the primary thing that effects combat be based on player choices, this isnt particle affects. And who said i wanted more GCDs? I dont want a nerf any more than other people. But i'm reasonable enough to realize just cus i see something as making the game more difficult or w/e doesnt make it a BAD change.
    Why not make haste effect the GCD so people who really hate it and dont want to play with it can try and stack haste and have its effect minimal?

or is that a player decision instead of Uncle Ion telling me what is good for the game decision instead?

Also does my option involve a bit of work from the developers and does Uncle Ions option require no work? Why do they favor the no work option I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    They said the same thing about transmog for years; they said we didn't really want it.
    Then when their little "get better or fuck off" experiment backfired and they were scrambling for features to put into the game to try to stop it from dying, they suddenly changed their tune.
    you must really be taking things personally to say things like that.
    "get better or fuck off"

Please realize literally no one at blizzard cares about you enough to be that insulting

well they cant come out and say "this character you love is evil and if you like them you should hate yourself"

but sounded like they were talking about The horde and he probably meant more things like Baine and the champions trusting sylvannas for the moment.

Sylvia stans and ppl who are anti horde for no reason, need to stop conflating "the horde" the people, The Horde the organization, and Sylvannas.

Is sylvannas evil? always has been
    Is the Horde evil? No but groups within it are and complicity is almost as bad as doing it yourself.
    Are the members of the horde evil? Some are some arent.
    Since the horde always follows the warchief until they kill horde members, no matter the atrocities on the alliance. I can call them all evil.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

you must really be taking things personally to say things like that.
    "get better or fuck off"

Please realize literally no one at blizzard cares about you enough to be that insulting
    Did you raid during Cataclysm at all? The quote in my sig comes from Chilton mentioning after the fact how they tried to make players more hardcore, but it didn't work.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Why not make haste effect the GCD so people who really hate it and dont want to play with it can try and stack haste and have its effect minimal?

or is that a player decision instead of Uncle Ion telling me what is good for the game decision instead?

Also does my option involve a bit of work from the developers and does Uncle Ions option require no work? Why do they favor the no work option I wonder?
    how is recoding things 'no work" and in what universe would it be ok for them to make it so you could stack enough haste to have such an effect. If its not the optimal stat ppl wont do it anyways.

And why are you calling him "uncle ion"? I think you are taking things to personal.

if you have any REAL suggestions maybe you should give those but "allow ppl to make the physics of the game different based on the player" or "give ppl the option of Wasting all their gear trying to make a core feature seem minimal" arent good suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account

I think for some classes it did at some point but they didn't do that anymore. I dunno, memory is hazy on that. I think they aren't doing it if only because it may go against what they are trying to achieve. That said your suggestion wouldn't bother me. My biggest worry was about Wow being kept as a fast paced game(Not CoD fast but just WoW fast). They kinda relieved me of that.

Unless mid expansion they change their mind on that.

But the main thing is all the minor utility effects that are being stripped with the loss of Artifacts and certain nerfs. I understand the mass stun nerf, that one was probably needed. But other minor effects gave players more choices and thus made gameplay more challenging and rewarding; something that would work great with the AI. I think the issue is that they want encounter design to be a bit more timid in BfA because in M+ aggressive mob reactions ended up unfair at high keys (especially certain spellcaster mobs) and at the same time the wealth of player options often meant that the best way to deal with mobs was to shut them down. In essence it's like the arms race effect that was felt in MoP PvP when everyone could do everything; they feel it cannot work and since they now want this to work for dungeons as well, it affects PvE directly too (most of these abilities after all had poor use in challenging raid content outside of some creative strategies).
    Yeah if it was affecting PVP more so I may not feel so..well concerned about it. I don't PVP so my expertise is limited.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Since the horde always follows the warchief until they kill horde members, no matter the atrocities on the alliance. I can call them all evil.
    you can do what you want doesnt make it right

10+ Year Old Account
    whats it like living a life of hatred and anger and insulting real life people just cus you dont like what happens to a game?

stop looking down on ppl just cus they dont share your opinions
    How was that an insult?

Stop white knighting Blizzard. These recent decisions are plain and simple, fucking retarded.