Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juuza View Post
    I used to be a child once, this means this directly affects me!
    I DEMAND REPARATIONS.
    Dang it ... you beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why should they?
    Ask the beta-cuck left?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, you had to have a civil war about what "a small population" did...so..no idea how small it was. And if not slaves, feel ashamed for all the natives you killed...apparently like all of our (grand) parents in Germany killed all the Jews
    My relatives came over in the 50s, after suffering through Nazi-occupation in WWII. They had no part in either slavery OR the natives. So what will you white knight on about next, that I should feel guilt for?

- - - Updated - - -

B) The forgetting is already happening. All it takes is time. Does any American feel guilt about Slavery?
    Does any POC feel guilt for African slavery? Do all Latin Americans feel guilt over Incan/Aztec ritual mass murders? But, more importantly, should they? I mean, people like you talk like slavery is the only atrocity ever committed in the history of the world... and that it was exclusively perpetrated by white Americans.

Well, you had to have a civil war about what "a small population" did...so..no idea how small it was. And if not slaves, feel ashamed for all the natives you killed...apparently like all of our (grand) parents in Germany killed all the Jews
    What history books do you people learn from. Most of the natives were killed by the Spaniards or foreign diseases.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2018-04-28 at 03:57 PM.

I see the "it was 500 years ago, get over it" crowd is here. That means we only have 300 more years to go before we can officially wave off slavery here in America! I'll mark it on my calendar!

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    I see the "it was 500 years ago, get over it" crowd is here. That means we only have 300 more years to go before we can officially wave off slavery here in America! I'll mark it on my calendar!
    We know about it, learn from it and improve ourselves to do better. That's about all you can do for long past crimes, none of the people involved are alive today.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    What history books do you people learn from. Most of the natives were killed by the Spaniards or foreign diseases.
    He's talking about the American Civil War so this is obviously about North American natives and not Central American ones.

Oh well.. I am sure in 10k years they will look back at us and wonder how in the fucked we let kids on the internet too. Deal with it.

What about all the children the Spartans left out on the hillside to die?

The past is the past, what is important is we are evolving from those ideals. No need to get mad about it it is occurring now and trying to hold peoples ancestors accountable is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's 500 fucking years ago. No. Fucking let it go. That kind of vindictive grudgeholding is fucking dumb.
    You sound like some scummy ancestor of a slaveholder. To prison with you!

15+ Year Old Account
    People are methodically executing masses of children today, let's start the outrage there..

South American history is super fascinating though, shame there's not a whole lot of writing to explain things.

No way we will last another 10K years. No way
    Well then the dolphin people that evolve and wonder what the walking monkey people did.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I hope your not serious about that. I hope your not that stupid.

Because if so, we could trace back your ancestry far enough to see some bad shit your ancestors caused and make you suffer for it too.
    Seems more like an extreme example to point out how silly the idea of reparations are in some cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know a single country that has ever been innocent in it's long history, every country has committed horrible crimes in its past. Let's just bomb the planet :P

I for one will welcome the cockroach empire that will rise after us.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    People are methodically executing masses of children today, let's start the outrage there..

South American history is super fascinating though, shame there's not a whole lot of writing to explain things.
    There is a lot of reading available. Not much of the world seems to care.

They have had some Hitler type of stuff go down quite a bit, masses of people disappearing with governments involved, military dictators, civil dictators, governments that blame a lot of their problems on the US or Europe, drugs. Shit is unending.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Mr Whippy seems to be austrian, we don't have to go far to find some cruel austrian..
    Austrian? Well, i guess you should go back to school and take a good look at a globe or sit through a few geography classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    My relatives came over in the 50s, after suffering through Nazi-occupation in WWII. They had no part in either slavery OR the natives. So what will you white knight on about next, that I should feel guilt for?
    That your family abandoned your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Are we talking about the 1500's in Peru, where they sacrifised hundreds of children and llama's to appease their nature god?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Punishing the distant descendants of people who committed an atrocity, people who likely don't even know that it happened makes you just as insane as the people who committed the atrocity in the first place.
    He isn't asking to punish their descendants, but to punish their ancestors--maybe he is thinking of the children's parents who sacrificed their offspring and pets to gain eternal life? Those should be easy to spot, just look for a number of people who never age a day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why should they?
    Because the after effects can still be felt to this very day? I dunno, just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Are we talking about the 1500's in Peru, where they sacrifised hundreds of children and llama's to appease their nature god?
    Yeah, I'm really liking the lowkey "oh you silly natives" vibe that y'all are giving off when you talk about non-Christian faiths here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.